Beware Mr. Brody (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Our commander in chief Twitterer, Leonard Brody, who lets be honest fronts the SISU group running his rather pathetic twittering page has really seen or knows nothing about the power of the fans when it comes to football clubs. Once they turn they can oust anybody, even a Roman Abromovic type. If Brody and co don't believe they should check out the two Yanks who owned Liverpool until recently. Brody and co's worst nightmare might just hit them on the first game of the season. With us having little or no new players coming in and 3 of our best leave and hated neighbours Leicester doing the opposite the stage is set for our Sky Blue's to receive a trouncing on the opening day, should that happen i think it could turn the fans Strachan stile, remember that night v Everton, and fan fury will erupt.

The average fan when you talk to them see the Hoffman proposals as a real and our only hope and SISU which Brody and his co-horts represent as not only preventing any progress but at the same time putting our clubs very existence at risk. Will our three wise men Brody, Dljeu and this c.e.o. character attend ? I have heard a group of supporters intend buying tickets for the Telent stand to voice their opinions to our 3 wise men, I hope their skin is pretty thick.

kingharvest

I just hope we have the kind of impact you're suggesting. I don't want to pour cold water on your enthusiasm, but the fans probably had little to do with Hicks and GIllette leaving, and just look at Man Utd, all those scarves, chants, protests weren't exactly successful.

We can certainly make our feelings known, but to be honest, i think that they'll only sell when they're ready too - i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that its now.

Nick

Administrator
The only way you could ever bother them is the pocket. That means NOBODY turning up to a game. The odd 10 or 20 people doing an online petition is pointless.

les_miserables

The fans definatly shifted Hicks and Gillette out at Liverpool, the fans were on their case 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and no let up. As for the Glazers at United, that ain't ended by any means but winning trophies vertually every year has helped the Glazer family out no end. Lets see what happens there when the trophies dry up, especially if it is Manchester City winning them.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Sheepy

Very naive to think that SISU will be forced out by us. United and Liverpools have millions of fans world wide and large concentrations of fans were at the ground protesting - we don't have that.
SISU want money back on their investment and aren't off until they have that. Hoffan offering them £30m over 3 years isnt an option for them either, they want £20m up front.

C

Clive Plattini

We could start wearing Black and Red scarves. The original colour worn in the late 19th Century. Although we may end up looking like Dennis the Menace.

kingharvest

hmm - right i've jut asked my liverpool supporting mate and he explained that Protests in and outside the ground, Loads of media appearances and press releases (the Supporters Union were important), online/e-mail campaigns against sponsors, future sponsors, Banks, Hicks and Gillettes other businesses all had a huge impact. Hicks himself called it an internet terrorist campaign

so i take it back - it looks like they did have an effect on them, they weren't the only reason but, they were definitely a big factor.

number 4 on this http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/dec/17/joy-of-six-2010-memories i also interesting

les_miserables

It is correct comparing little Cov with mammoth clubs such as Liverpool and Manchester United is a bit odd yet the principle is the same to Cov fans we are bigger than the the Mancs or Scallies and that is the important bit. Remember little old Exeter City, run into the ground by crooks who eventually went to jail but resurrected by a gallant local football trust who thought just as much of the little club as any United or Liverpool fan do for theirs. The fans hold the power.

Platt_The_Donkey

I agree with your argument les_miserables, why should we sit back and let these cowboys ruin OUR club, as for that Brody he's as slippery as a snake and I dont trust him. We should bomard the club with e-mails/tweets/letters whatever it takes and our dilema is very similar to the Liverpool one, end of the day they wanted whats best for the their club, now look at them?

:blue:

shmmeee

Just a quick point of accuracy: Brody was tweeting long before the was involved with City, he's a social media guy and the majority of his unprompted posts are about his core business of social media. It was only when some City fans found him and started throwing messages his way that he responded.

Not backing SISU or anything like that, just thought the OP could do with an injection of facts.

valiant15

If only people would of took me seriously 2.5 years ago instead of rediculing me for slaging sisu. Somethings got to change,too many city fans seem content on letting this misery continue. I have no idea how to get to the clowns in charge.I only wish i did.

les_miserables

It will change of that I am certain, soon as the supporters get back to going to games start mixing and talking. A defeat at the hands of a rebuilt Leicester team although expected will be hard to take quietly. Perhaps this Leicester fixture and it's timing is a blessing in disguise. Cov fans are a funny breed, years of nothing has bred an apathetic attitude but when they blow things get serious, we're not far away from that point in my opinion.

Godiva

It will change of that I am certain, soon as the supporters get back to going to games start mixing and talking. A defeat at the hands of a rebuilt Leicester team although expected will be hard to take quietly. Perhaps this Leicester fixture and it's timing is a blessing in disguise. Cov fans are a funny breed, years of nothing has bred an apathetic attitude but when they blow things get serious, we're not far away from that point in my opinion.

We will draw 1-1 against Leicester.

ajsccfc

The average fan when you talk to them see the Hoffman proposals as a real and our only hope

The average fan knows nothing about any proposals outside the same promises we were made last time we were taken over. But it's alright, 'The Hoff' is a Cov fan so that plus crossing fingers really hard = success!

The average fan knows nothing about any proposals outside the same promises we were made last time we were taken over. But it's alright, 'The Hoff' is a Cov fan so that plus crossing fingers really hard = success!

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but this is a man of great pedigree in the banking industry that the government appointed at a time of national crisis. As far as "the fit and proper person" test goes we've hit the jackpot. If he can't bring the right people to the table who can?

ajsccfc

I don't doubt his credentials or his morals, but until there is evidence or results of his talk, that's all it will ever be.

Obviously nobody knows every detail of what's going on but I can understand why his investors wouldn't want to reveal their identities at this point, with their commercial reputations on the line. If I was to put money on it I'd say SISU are merely playing the waiting game and holding out for a better offer, which of course is their prerogative. The problem is the longer this goes on the more our club suffers.

@richh87

The bottom line here people is that SISU would sell the training ground, Stadium (if we owned it) and everything else, just to improve their return. This laziness and apathy amongst Cov supporters is embarrassing. Christ - look at what the scousers did to Hodgson just for being a crap manager!

sky blue john

Very naive to think that SISU will be forced out by us. United and Liverpools have millions of fans world wide and large concentrations of fans were at the ground protesting - we don't have that.
SISU want money back on their investment and aren't off until they have that. Hoffan offering them £30m over 3 years isnt an option for them either, they want £20m up front.

Your very naive to think that a club 30million in debt with no assets is worth 20million.:confused:

@richh87

The best thing SISU can do is cut their losses. I'm guessing they're praying a billionaire will come along and offer them what they're looking for - but they're dreaming if they think it'll happen.

There's only one long term winner in this stand-off and that's the Hoff. Good - because he loves this club and has amazing contacts. Nobody is better connected in the financial world.

Hoffman is the best man to turn our club's fortunes around and anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

Nonleagueherewecome

Your Joe & Hoff photo should end up on the wall in one of the bars at The Ricoh one day. I love it. Captures the moment and vibe so very well!

Is it just me, or does The Hoff have a bit of the Winston Churchill about him? Whilst Joe has a bit of a Field Marshall look with those binoculars there..Lets just hope that this is the beginning of the end of SISU, and not just the end of the beginning.

@richh87

Your Joe & Hoff photo should end up on the wall in one of the bars at The Ricoh one day. I love it. Captures the moment and vibe so very well!

Is it just me, or does The Hoff have a bit of the Winston Churchill about him? Whilst Joe has a bit of a Field Marshall look with those binoculars there..Lets just hope that this is the beginning of the end of SISU, and not just the end of the beginning.

Cheers :D

While we're at it I think Ken ken Dulieu has a bit of planet of the apes about him.
ken-dulieu-432685951.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread