Bid for Wilson knocked back (1 Viewer)

jabharty

Will be interesting to see whether we hold off for a bigger sum, or whether we just aren't prepared to sell him.

runner

We all know he'll go ... this is SISU, they sell ... next year is looking really bleak if honest, what with Murphy out too ... and who knows who else will go ?

mrtrench

We all know he'll go ... this is SISU, they sell ... next year is looking really bleak if honest, what with Murphy out too ... and who knows who else will go ?

This season looked bleaker - we had a ten point penalty and nobody knew Wilson was going to be any good this time last year.

torchomatic

Insanely impossible spin

So we DIDN'T have a ten point deduction and we DID know that Wilson would be the first striker for over 30 years to score more than 20 goals in a season?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Noggin

This season looked bleaker - we had a ten point penalty and nobody knew Wilson was going to be any good this time last year.

I don't agree with that (though the points penalty and comment about wilson are fair), we knew last season was going to be tough and a relegation battle was very possible but staying up still looked more likely than going down, this season looks like nailed on relegation assuming the off season goes like expected.

fernandopartridge

I don't agree with that (though the points penalty and comment about wilson are fair), we knew last season was going to be tough and a relegation battle was very possible but staying up still looked more likely than going down, this season looks like nailed on relegation assuming the off season goes like expected.

No. The consensus on here was that we were down before a ball was locked. It reached hysterical levels after the first 2 games of the season.

SkyblueBazza

I would recommend we all refrain from discounting any points deduction for the coming season until the last ball has been kicked!

PUSB

Noggin

No. The consensus on here was that we were down before a ball was locked. It reached hysterical levels after the first 2 games of the season.

considering we won the second game of the season I find that unlikely. There certainly was plenty of talk that it was going to be a hard season and we were going to struggle when injuries and suspensions set in and there was a real chance of relegation but still staying up always seemed more likely.

I had money on us at two separate times to get relegated as the odds were 7/1 and later 40/1 and so they were great value bets but at no point did I ever think relegation was more likely than not.

next season though looks like it will be the most disastrous in our history, we struggled terribly for the second half on the season and we are going to lose 3 or 4 + of the best players from that bunch with next to no hope of adequately replacing them. This is assuming sisu stay of course.

ccfcway

so, turned down roughly 1 million?

another half should do it.

anyone not a cov fan would say that 1.5 for a current "one season wonder" would be good business for a league one team.

mrtrench

Insanely impossible spin

OK, let me rephrase it. It looked better last season. Last season we were starting the season on -10 points and we didn't have a striker who we know can score 20 goals in a season. If only we could sell Wilson and get another points deduction, then things would look much better.

ccfcway

Click here and join in![h=1]Coventry reject Cherries bid for striker[/h] AFC Bournemouth have reportedly had a bid for Coventry City striker Callum Wilson rejected.

Last month the Cherries were linked with the 22 year old striker who scored 21 goals in 37 League One appearances last season.

The former Kettering and Tamworth loanee has also been linked with both Nottingham Forest and League One Champions Wolves.

But Sky Sports reporter Pete O'Rourke believes the Cherries are first to place a bid, posting on Twitter...

Coventry have rejected a seven-figure bid from Bournemouth for striker Callum Wilson.

Grendel

If Wilson Os attracting seven figure bids the club will have to sell him. The risk of him not developing is too great.

mark82

I think he will go personally, however, not sure why the "it's Sisu, they'll sell" card is permanently played. They didn't sell key players last summer when everyone said they would. The only one sold of note in January was Clarke, who engineered a move. We sell no more than any other club in this league. I think the bigger issue is buying.

Grendel

I think he will go personally, however, not sure why the "it's Sisu, they'll sell" card is permanently played. They didn't sell key players last summer when everyone said they would. The only one sold of note in January was Clarke, who engineered a move. We sell no more than any other club in this league. I think the bigger issue is buying.

If sisu didn't sell they would be showing themselves again as unfit for purpose.

skybluebeduff

"We are fully committed into getting Coventry back where they belong"

meanwhile on SSN Coventry City sell another top goalscorer....

"Come buy a season ticket and cheer on your SKYBLUES"

You mugs...

When will you learn?

Grendel

"We are fully committed into getting Coventry back where they belong"

meanwhile on SSN Coventry City sell another top goalscorer....

"Come buy a season ticket and cheer on your SKYBLUES"

You mugs...

When will you learn?

I repeat it would be the only option to sell. Financial suicide not to. Clarke is being farmed out on loan and Bigiamara is worthless. Clubs have to sell when price is at a premium.

Hobo

If Wilson Os attracting seven figure bids the club will have to sell him. The risk of him not developing is too great.

The risk of him not developing isn't too great. It is the fact he is our only saleable asset means we have to sell him...because SISU are broke as far as CCFC are concerned.

Grendel

The risk of him not developing isn't too great. It is the fact he is our only saleable asset means we have to sell him...because SISU are broke as far as CCFC are concerned.

Of course it is. Sisu's biggest problem is they have been poor at getting the best selling price for players. Westwood gunnarson etc. Was it sisu who turned down the reading bid for Misfud? Can't remember. They got it right with Clarke Bigi and juke but not many others.

bradwellskyblues

george hudson
bobby gould
terry gibson
dion dublin
robbie keane
lucas jutiweitz
leon clarke
i have many issues with our current owners but we have always sold our star striker just make sure they get top dollar

ccfcway

If sisu didn't sell they would be showing themselves again as unfit for purpose.

under normal circumstances, I would say "completely agree, we could really do some damage with 1.5 million in this league"

We wont see any of it though

Hobo

george hudson
bobby gould
terry gibson
dion dublin
robbie keane
lucas jutiweitz
leon clarke
i have many issues with our current owners but we have always sold our star striker just make sure they get top dollar

Every club sells and always have. It is just we are so paired down, we aren't selling the star player, we are selling the only asset the club has.

lifelongcityfan

its ok to sell, but we havent bought anybody to fill the gaps! loans have proven time and time again to be largely a waste of time.

If we do not strengthen the side we are destined for league two.

skybluetony176

I repeat it would be the only option to sell. Financial suicide not to. Clarke is being farmed out on loan and Bigiamara is worthless. Clubs have to sell when price is at a premium.

If financial suicide was a consideration of these owners they would have took the rent offer through the FL as a point to start negotiating a return (temporary or otherwise) back to the Ricoh.

If they sell him it's because they want to. No real reason will ever be given and I doubt they'll use the money to replace him.

stupot07

If financial suicide was a consideration of these owners they would have took the rent offer through the FL as a point to start negotiating a return (temporary or otherwise) back to the Ricoh.

If they sell him it's because they want to. No real reason will ever be given and I doubt they'll use the money to replace him.
Not really we lost £7m the season we were at the Ricoh in league one whilst not paying rent. Sixfields doesn't make financial sense but we were still skint and still selling players at the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Not really we lost £7m the season we were at the Ricoh in league one whilst not paying rent. Sixfields doesn't make financial sense but we were still skint and still selling players at the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes, because the clubs overheads are still exactly the same now as they were before. Oh wait, no they're not. Anyone who uses our last season at the Ricoh finances as an excuse for not returning truly deserves to be labeled a sisu appologist. That excuse is straight out of the ML handbook.

ccfcway

hmm, id suggest the wage bill alone was a lot less than then

Users who are viewing this thread