Body found in Eastern Green in a River (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Where is the river?

It's not those flats where the bridge thing goes up on a plat form is it?

Captain Dart

Wonder if it's the guy who went missing from the pub, from Tile Hill.

I think it's very close to the Unicorn Pub where he was last seen.

If it's him how come nothing was seen in all this time? It's been 5 or 6 weeks since he went missing.

Nick

Administrator
It looks like the tent is up on the grass but tucked away in the trees. I doubt many people have the need to go in / over there :(

Hugh Jarse

If it's him how come nothing was seen in all this time? It's been 5 or 6 weeks since he went missing.

Hold on a minute, the Met couldn't find 3 bodies in the garden of a house they visited in response to a missing person report.

Some coppers couldn't find their own dicks in the dark!

no_loyalty

I think it's very close to the Unicorn Pub where he was last seen.

I would have thought this area would have been searched, when there was an organised search a few weeks back of which I took part in?

Nick

Administrator
Looks like his family has been informed about it.

Even so, it is a very weird place to end up isn't it? Seems suspicious :(

no_loyalty

Looks like his family has been informed about it.

Even so, it is a very weird place to end up isn't it? Seems suspicious :(

Was thinking the same Nick, if it is Luke I'm sure this area would have been checked during the search, I know his family have pretty much searched the whole area of Eastern Green and Tile Hill

duffer

It's a few minutes walk from The Unicorn at most, but there's quite a lot of undergrowth around some bits of the area there. I wouldn't want to speculate beyond that, whether it's the man in question or not, the family must be going through hell at the moment.

Captain Dart

I would have thought this area would have been searched, when there was an organised search a few weeks back of which I took part in?

A friend speculated that the body could have been trapped in a culvert for some time and dislodged by the recent heavy rain.

PS Telegraph now reporting it is a chap called Adrian Turner from Bedworth who went missing on boxing day.

Last edited:

SuperElite

Adrian Turner was apparently found in Bedworth after vanishing on Boxing Day.

The identity of the man found near the Unicorn Pub is yet to be confirmed.

very strange, can't help wondering if there is any connection, but police not disclosing much info

Nick

Administrator
A friend speculated that the body could have been trapped in a culvert for some time and dislodged by the recent heavy rain.

PS Telegraph now reporting it is a chap called Adrian Turner from Bedworth who went missing on boxing day.
It's a different man :(

Captain Dart

Ye gads the CT reporting left me confused, I thought it was Turner they'd found in the stream, but his body was in a field in Exhall.

So 2 bodies have been found, FFS is there a Serial Killer on the loose!

Nick

Administrator
Ye gads the CT reporting left me confused, I thought it was Turner they'd found in the stream, but his body was in a field in Exhall.

So 2 bodies have been found, FFS is there a Serial Killer on the loose!
It seems strange that both have been found in weird places :(

Nick

Administrator
Been confirmed that the body found was of Luke Whelan.

Where was that?

Telegraph says:

Good evening and thank you for joining us today.West Midlands Police have now confirmed it is likely to be tomorrow before the results of the post mortem results are revealed and further information is provided about the identity of the man who was found dead in a Coventry river yesterday.

Please check the Coventry Telegraph website tomorrow and we will update you as soon as we have more information.

mechaishida

So who was it that bought the stuff from the petrol station with his card? Very odd, 'cos the police thought it was Luke. Obviously not...

Anyone else thinking it was a robbery that went bad? I.E. someone mugging him for his cash, but it went bad and Luke ended up in the river.

Very sad and tragic times for his family. Sympathies to them.

Kingokings204

I don't see how they say it wasn't suspicious cicumstances? A man was found in a river.

Users who are viewing this thread