Boothroyd looking at loans (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

boothroyd_2548852.jpg

Sky Blues boss admits he is hoping to bring in emergency loans

Coventry boss Aidy Boothroyd is keen to bring in some new faces in the emergency loan window next week.

The Sky Blues lost promising midfielder Conor Thomas to Liverpool on transfer deadline day in a loan deal, before another midfielder, Sammy Clingan, was injured in the warm-up for Tuesday's game against Nottingham Forest.

Clingan's replacement Nathan Cameron then went off at half-time with a thigh injury, leaving cover in the middle thin on the ground.

With skipper Lee Carsley and defenders James McPake and Ben Turned also out for Saturday's game at Leeds, Coventry look long shots to end a streak that has seen them go nine matches without a win.

Board request

Boothroyd resisted any heavy activity in the transfer window last month, but due to the problems he now has, would speak to the board over sanctioning some temporary additions.

"Yes, I'd like to go into the emergency loan market," he said.
"It's not open until after the weekend but I think that's something we definitely need to look at and it will be something I'll be discussing and we'll decide what we're going to do."

Gaskell

Why can't we go for someone like Kevin Phillips on loan, he's 20 minutes down the road and is a bench warmer for Birmingham.

Coventry La La La

Why can't we go for someone like Kevin Phillips on loan, he's 20 minutes down the road and is a bench warmer for Birmingham.

Kevin Phillips has already said he is not intrested in the championship and wants to finish his career at the highest level of English football.

Eubanks_chin

What we need is a wide man with pace & a centre mid who can pass the ball forward !!!
King will get us the goals but he simply isn't being provided with the chances

Coventry La La La

I think are striking options are adiquete at the moment and a Central midfielder/winger would be ideal.

Heres a couple of options.

Fabian Delph ---> Aston Villa youngster Central Midfield (Playmaker) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Delph

Danny Ward --> Bolton youngster who was previously at city on loan but picked up an injury. (Winger) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ward_(footballer)

Matthew James ---> Manchester United youngster can play central midfield or defence looked good for Preston earlier in the season but was recalled by Manchester United. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_James_(footballer)

cheesehog

Here's a thing..... Why not recall thomas from the scousers... Other clubs do it when they have "emergencies" They don't need him yet either!!

Gallagher

Agreed never understood why Liverpool needed Thomas now. Looking at benchwarmers in the Premiership, would be worth asking for Bebe from United, hasn't done anything thus far for Man Utd and seems like he needs to settle down in the English game plus Cov need another goalscorer. And maybe McEachran from Chelsea, a centre mid who looks very promising, would do no harm in him coming to us for 6 months rather than sitting on the bench at Chelsea.
Also surprised we didn't put in a loan offer for Danny Drinkwater either.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I think are striking options are adiquete at the moment and a Central midfielder/winger would be ideal.

Heres a couple of options.

Fabian Delph ---> Aston Villa youngster Central Midfield (Playmaker) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Delph

Danny Ward --> Bolton youngster who was previously at city on loan but picked up an injury. (Winger) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ward_(footballer)

Matthew James ---> Manchester United youngster can play central midfield or defence looked good for Preston earlier in the season but was recalled by Manchester United. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_James_(footballer)

Danny Ward he was fucking useless! :laugh:

Disorganised1

I suppose I could make myself available for this afternoon.

malta900

Would be happy if we got matt james, i think his a good player and we need a cm desparetly.
We would never get delph, pretty sure he starts for villa, well was when i last looked a while ago.

NuneatonSkyBlue

The problem with these players from these top teams, they have high wages even though they are only youngsters/benchwarmers. More than likely we are not going to be able to get a deal like cardiff have with man city for bellamy, so can we afford to have these players in on loan for 3/4 months when they are going to be at the higher end of our wage limit? The answer is probably not unless SISU/RR finally part with some cash and throw it into our wage bill.

Pigeon

Coventry City Looking at Brighton Star
A number of clubs are eyeing a move for Brighton star Gary Dicker, skysports.com understands.

Dicker has established himself as a key figure at Brighton after arriving on loan from Stockport in March 2009 before making the move permanent later that year.

The 24-year-old has been virtually an ever-present for Gus Poyet's side this season, with 32 appearances in all competitions and the former Republic of Ireland U21 international has played an instrumental role in helping Brighton to the top of League One this term.

His performances have not gone unnoticed with clubs higher up the football pyramid keeping tabs on Dicker's progress.

Dicker's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season and several sides are keeping a watching brief on his situation.

Championship duo Hull City and Coventry are thought to be admirers of Dicker and are weighing up moves for the highly-rated midfielder in the summer.

cov_russell

Facebook User
Here's a thing..... Why not recall thomas from the scousers... Other clubs do it when they have "emergencies" They don't need him yet either!!

If Liverpool have paid us a fee to loan Thomas, which I assume they have, then we can't recall him.

Users who are viewing this thread