Boreham Wood (1 Viewer)

tisza

Some agents are a disease on the game. Taking huge amounts of money out of football.
Like Neville's idea of a levy on agents fees rather than selling Wembley.

CJ_covblaze

Some agents are a disease on the game. Taking huge amounts of money out of football.
Like Neville's idea of a levy on agents fees rather than selling Wembley.

Same goes for taking money out of the TV deal. Why not do both of those and sell Wembley?

tisza

Same goes for taking money out of the TV deal. Why not do both of those and sell Wembley?
Still think selling Wembley is a short term fix. Yes you've got funds to invest for next 10 years but what damage to income streams after the capital runs out? These 3G pitches have a lifespan of about 10 years. How do you replace them when the time comes?

CJ_covblaze

It’s better to have something for 10 years than never at all. With the deal Khan has put forward I don’t see any reason not to take it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Did the lottery and government invest in the stadium and do they get their money returned if they did, if it means that fa cup semis go back to normal grounds then that is worth the sale alone.

I wouldn’t trust the fa to spend the money correctly

eastwoodsdustman

There is no real need for the sale as the fa and football in general is awash with money that could go on grass roots football. The county fa’s are too tight to spend it.

Nick

Administrator
Neville moaning about grassroots football.

giphy.gif

eastwoodsdustman

The issue in English football is not at the bottom as plenty of kids come through. Pitches could do with investment at grass roots but that is all that’s needed. We have some of the worlds best team up to U21s level. Then it goes pear shaped. Over to you mr Neville.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why would clubs want good facilities at grassroots level as some of the young players may choose to stay playing local football instead of going to academy teams.

Terry Gibson's perm

The issue in English football is not at the bottom as plenty of kids come through. Pitches could do with investment at grass roots but that is all that’s needed. We have some of the worlds best team up to U21s level. Then it goes pear shaped. Over to you mr Neville.

To much money to soon and to easy to sit playing under 23 football rather than playing competitive football, I am sure I saw a player who was 24 signing a new contract at Chelsea and he had never been in the first team squad and hadn’t been on loan much

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure the FA is actually awash with funds

Yes they made a £16m profit in 2017 but the accounts show

- Net current liabilities £64m
- cash flow deficits in 2017 of £29m and 2016 £97m
- turnover down 18m
- a balance sheet of plus £146m but that includes fixed assets of £571m ....... they have big liabilities to finance over next few years.

I agree they should do much more for grassroots but their own finances have been heading in the wrong direction last few years

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the agent involved in this. Totally unprofessional, I hope the FA take away his licence - (which of course they wont)

Users who are viewing this thread