Bournemouth linked with bid for Coventry striker Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

Sub

Transfer news: Bournemouth linked with bid for Coventry striker Callum Wilson Last Updated: 19/05/14 2:55pm

Callum-Wilson_3053767.jpg

Callum Wilson: Coventry striker linked with Bournemouth

Sky Bet
Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Sky Sports understands Bournemouth are lining up a move for Coventry City's promising striker Callum Wilson.
Bournemouth appear likely to lose top scorer Lewis Grabban after Cardiff City triggered a release clause in the striker's contract.
Middlesbrough have also shown an interest in Grabban and Bournemouth look to be weighing up replacements for the former Millwall forward.
Wilson scored 21 goals for Coventry in League 1 this season and was also named the division's player of the month for March.
The 22-year-old signed a new contract at Coventry last October to stay until the summer of 2015 and manager Steven Pressley has previously expressed his determination to keep Wilson.

RoboCCFC90

Fucking Bournemouth! Cheers sisu, are we at the bottom of the cycle yet?

It's called speculation..

If Wilson had been sold I could maybe understand your anger..

Remember that Christie was close to signing for Huddersfield.. It means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulw

Without a doubt Bournmouth will not be able to afford him. They will get £3million from Cardiff but will not want to spend that on one player. Because Wilson is with a Div 1 club does not mean he is a Div 1 player. He is one of the best up and coming English forward since Sturridge. If he goes he WILL go for £3 million +.

henry the wasp

Without a doubt Bournmouth will not be able to afford him. They will get £3million from Cardiff but will not want to spend that on one player. Because Wilson is with a Div 1 club does not mean he is a Div 1 player. He is one of the best up and coming English forward since Sturridge. If he goes he WILL go for £3 million +.

Bournemouth are owned by the Russians aren't they? I think they could afford him if they wanted.

ccfcway

not a chance. Wells did it from more than one season in this league and went fro £1.3 million.

I'd be surprised if we got £2 million for him, and that would include add on's

James Smith

I'd very reluctant to see him go.

James Smith

Sisu call the shots !!!

Yeah obviously it's not up to us as we don't own the club, but I'd be sorry to see him go, especially as he said he wants to stay with us.

Kingokings204

I think lawyers cost money and 7 lawyers in all these court cases cost money. Money will talk as always.

Nick

Administrator
Money talks for any lower league club with a player like Wilson, doesn't matter about lawyers etc.

I personally hope we can keep hold of him though.

Grendel

I think lawyers cost money and 7 lawyers in all these court cases cost money. Money will talk as always.

I know - it was all those legal bills that forced us to sell Dennis Mortimer I'm the 70's

kg82

not a chance. Wells did it from more than one season in this league and went fro £1.3 million.

I'd be surprised if we got £2 million for him, and that would include add on's

Actually, Wells did it for less than a season in this league. He did it the season before but in L2.

Kingokings204

I know - it was all those legal bills that forced us to sell Dennis Mortimer I'm the 70's

lol fair point but you missed my point. If maybe sisu didn't have as much to fork out on lawyers etc then maybe keeping hold of Wilson and murphy would be more likely. You know the two players who kept us in this league.

dongonzalos

Actually, Wells did it for less than a season in this league. He did it the season before but in L2.

I think he was 23 and went for 1.5 million plus add ons as well.

Callum is younger has abundance of pace and finishing. With him been younger clubs will fancy moulding him to their satisfaction.

When he goes I hope it is for at least 2 million and that 2 million is given directly to SP on top of the set budget for the wages for 4 decent strikers a decent CB. A decent centre mid and a back up goalie.

Last edited:

skybluelee

Wilson will not go for £3m+, stop being silly.

RoboCCFC90

lol fair point but you missed my point. If maybe sisu didn't have as much to fork out on lawyers etc then maybe keeping hold of Wilson and murphy would be more likely. You know the two players who kept us in this league.

But what other than a rumour says we will sell Wilson? It's just the same as the Cyrus Christie rumour in the summer or the Leon Clarke rumour to Sheffield United, it's speculation until there is something concrete, on this occasion I think this isn't particularly likely as they only signed Rantie a year ago for £2,000,000 who is a similar player to Wilson..

Last edited:

Frisky blue

Spot on, sadly. With these sisu losers at the helm we are on an ever downward spiral. It beggars belief that there are so called fans who accept this fact, bunch of losers !

skybluetony176

It's called speculation..

If Wilson had been sold I could maybe understand your anger..

Remember that Christie was close to signing for Huddersfield.. It means nothing.

Its the speculation that I'm pissed about Rob.

If someone had have said to me 6years ago that Bournemouth and signing or star player would ever have been mentioned in the same breath I would have told them that they were having a laugh. I'm you and any other CCFC fan would have said the same.

The biggest factor in why we are where we are is because of our inept owners and their laughable decision making.

Based on this speculation and the fact that it can happens means it's only right to ask if we're at the bottom of the cycle yet.

RoboCCFC90

Its the speculation that I'm pissed about Rob.

If someone had have said to me 6years ago that Bournemouth and signing or star player would ever have been mentioned in the same breath I would have told them that they were having a laugh. I'm you and any other CCFC fan would have said the same.

The biggest factor in why we are where we are is because of our inept owners and their laughable decision making.

Based on this speculation and the fact that it can happens means it's only right to ask if we're at the bottom of the cycle yet.

I feel your anger Tony I really do, but it shows how quickly things can change and it also highlights that this issue has been an issue that has been running since Pre-Sisu and that there ownership has transpired in the trigger being pulled of the loaded gun.

skybluetony176

I feel your anger Tony I really do, but it shows how quickly things can change and it also highlights that this issue has been an issue that has been running since Pre-Sisu and that there ownership has transpired in the trigger being pulled of the loaded gun.

That's a fair point Rob.

I would have preferred it that sisu unloaded the gun rather than pull the trigger though. After all that's what they were promising when they arrived. I'm just glad I didn't have any shares that I could have "trusted" them with. Those that did must be more pissed than any of us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread