Bring on the Chelsea! (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
Well, what an absolutely fantastic couple of days its been for everyone Sky Blue! The FA Cup game was magic, such a brilliant atmosphere and it was so amazing to see the place full up like that - looked like there was much more than 22,700 fans there (or however many they said!) - looked much more like 25k! At least! And in comparison to the Blackburn away fans...well...it looked like we had about 30thousand! Can't wait for the Chelsea game, it's gonna be HUGE! But lets not forget our "bread and butter" as Cookie calls it, with league games against Norwich and Sheff United still to play!

PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Really looking forward to this game now, really want to see a sell-out at the Ricoh too, but i'm guessing that won't happen because of segregation stuff...

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Well apparantly tickets have sold out.. thats whaqt it says on the site.
So I guess it won't be far from full on the day :/

ccfcadz

I still think there will be a stupidly large sky blue "no mans land" in between the two sets of fans, and with the club clearly on the fiddle with the attendance I'll be surprised if it tops 30K.

Nick

Administrator
Why do they even bother putting seats in the Jewsons stand? They might as well just make the whole stand an away stand!

Why can they not share it like they did at HR?

simmouk

Administrator
Well, I think we did ourselves proud on Saturday! Wasn't quite sure how it was going to pan out after the set back of loosing to The Ref, I mean, The Blades during the week - but I think we gave Chelsea a good game and we did play fairly well I think - we certainly didn't just roll over and let Chelsea walk over us - if we did they could have scored more than 2. Their class shone through at times and the better team won on the day, but I don't think Chelsea went for it full tilt, I think it was a comfortable game for them (but not taking credit away from us).

The crowd again was fantastic and if there didn't have to be segregation and stuff (and the numbers were reported as they actually were on the day!!!) then I'm sure every actual seat in the house would have been sold! (except where ITV built that extra camera box under the control room in the Corporate/Away corner! (by the way, does anyone know - is that where they did the post and pre match presenting etc? - looked like it!)

I think the boys did the City proud and although I never really thought we'd beat Chelsea, I always hope we would play well against them and I think we did that. I know I'm clutching at straws here but I hope some (all?!?!) of the fans who turned up for Blackburn and Chelsea come back to the Ricoh for the League. I know the prospect of playing Darlington isn't the same but the atmosphere really was special for the last two stages of the cup and it would be AMAZING to see if like that again!

Nick

Administrator
It does annoy me with glory fans only coming out when it is Chelsea, especially as they were singing "Where were you when you were shit?" to the Chelsea fans.

I was thinking "Where were you against Kidderminster and Aldershot?"

Users who are viewing this thread