Brit Facing Exectution in Egypt for Tablets (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Headline makes it sounds like a holiday maker with a packet of ibuprofen but when you read it the story is very different.

Egyptian husband who couldn't get the painkillers in Egypt (where oddly he lives while she lives in the UK) as they are illegal so got her to bring. She had 290 Tramadol and an unspecified amount of Naproxen. Tramadol is apparently the most abused drug in Egypt used by over 40% of the countries drug addicts. To be honest not sure if the husband having back problems would stand up to much scrutiny.

You also have to wonder how she's got such large quantities of something that isn't available over the counter in the UK.

Nick

Administrator
She got it off a colleague who didn't use it now it said on the news. So that was dodgy too.

CJ_covblaze

She got it off a colleague who didn't use it now it said on the news. So that was dodgy too.

Taking or selling a prescribed drug (even Paracetamol) that is someone else’s reclassifies it as a Class B substance doesn’t it?

chiefdave

Yeah, I'm not sure why someone would have 290 knocking about.
I have to take regular medication, have done for years. Getting a doctor to prescribe more than a month at a time is hard work.

And that's for something non-addictive, not something used as an alternative to heroin!

Nick

Administrator
Just tried to buy 3 packs of painkillers, couldn't :( Pretty sure if I wasn't just stocking up the medicine box as we had run out and always need them at silly times and wanted to abuse them, I'd just go to the next shop to buy more and so on.

Marty

It's almost impossible to get that much, I was given 2 months of medication as I was working abroad, the prescription was flagged up at the pharmacy and they refused to hand it over until they had confirmation that the correct amount was supplied, I was also stopped at customs and had a nice 3 hour wait until they confirmed where I was working, for how long and they also contacted my GP surgery, that was within EU too.

Users who are viewing this thread