Broadchurch (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Late to the party, but started watching the first series last night. First one was quite good.

Grendel

First series was very good - unlike the second

Nathccfc

I think the same, 1st one was great, 2nd weren't as good, apparently a 3rd is in the pipeline

tommydazzle

Agree with this about the bonkers second series - I think they were trying too hard to mimic the success of the Scandinavian detective dramas which were brilliant in their slow unfolding, atmospheric settings and pain-staking police work.

Have to say though I'm finding BBC's Happy Valley compulsive viewing and Hugh Laurie's menacing baddie in The Night Manager pretty damn brilliant.

Nick

Administrator
Agree with this about the bonkers second series - I think they were trying too hard to mimic the success of the Scandinavian detective dramas which were brilliant in their slow unfolding, atmospheric settings and pain-staking police work.

Have to say though I'm finding BBC's Happy Valley compulsive viewing and Hugh Laurie's menacing baddie in The Night Manager pretty damn brilliant.

Loved the first series of Happy Valley, haven't started the second yet!

Otis

Yep, loving the Night Manager. Both Laurie and Hiddleston are brilliant and Olivia Coleman is always good.

Nick

Administrator
Just clocked who it was, as son as that woman with the dog said it was the guy, there's another bloke who is the spit...

Nick

Administrator
Really enjoyed Happy Valley 1st time round. However after 4 episodes of the second, I'm finding it a bit slow going! Isn't half as gripping.

Is it not as good? The first series was quite tense, haven't started the 2nd yet.

Pipehitterz

off to bridport for the weekend soon to take in a bit of broadchurch scenary, plus a few sighseeing walks along the jurassic coast

saddo i know

Nick

Administrator
Started the second series last night, bit weird with that woman he was looking after.

Nick

Administrator
Last episode that was on on Tuesdsy was by far the better (and the very last clip in the one before **bang bang**)

Looks like it's being left open for a third series

Happy Valley? Yeah it did get better! That scottish woman freaked me out!

Users who are viewing this thread