BT Sport (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Currently got full Sky package including Sports. Noticed that the Ashes cricket over the winter is exclusively on BT Sport. Being big cricket fans gutted it is not on Sky too.
Anyone got BT Sport and if so would it be worth paying for it on top of Sky?

Alkhen

I sacked off Sky for BT last year and am totally happy with my decision.

It does totally hang on what time you have to watch sport tho, I have more time free in week day evenings so BT suits as they have a lot of Champions League and European football on in the evenings.

I'm never in weekend days so Sky doesn't offer much, BT tend to have one Prem game Saturday evening which I have more chance to catch.

My advice is that if you can afford both go for it, id say if you rang up sky and threaten to leave for BT (moan about them not having champions league and the ashes!) they will likely offer you an amazing deal to stay then you can push for cheap BT. Make sure you escalate your threat to leave right to the cancellations team as they have the best offers to tempt you to stay

Nick

Administrator
I also just have BT, dont really use it for Sport though.

If cricket is just on there, it is probably worth it for you.

chiefdave

Currently got full Sky package including Sports. Noticed that the Ashes cricket over the winter is exclusively on BT Sport. Being big cricket fans gutted it is not on Sky too.
Anyone got BT Sport and if so would it be worth paying for it on top of Sky?
If you're not locked in to a contact with Sky change your broadband to BT and you get Sports cheap.

RegTheDonk

That's a big hammer blow for Sky, especially as they've just re-branded their sports channels. Chap at work loves his cricket and has the large virgin package, I expect he'll get BT sport for free?

Otis

That's a big hammer blow for Sky, especially as they've just re-branded their sports channels. Chap at work loves his cricket and has the large virgin package, I expect he'll get BT sport for free?
Yep. You get Virgin you get BT Sport's for free.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have Virgin the sports movies phone and broadband all for £85 at my old house where we couldn’t have cable we paid £135 per month but had no movies, sky keep pestering me to go back with 60% discount offers

Alkhen

I have Virgin the sports movies phone and broadband all for £85 at my old house where we couldn’t have cable we paid £135 per month but had no movies, sky keep pestering me to go back with 60% discount offers

Jesus that is steep

I have BT with unlimited fibre broadband, HD sports and the extra kids channels for £38 per month

Last edited:

stupot07

What's the BT Fibre like? I'm on virgin, costing me a bomb but with the kids on their xbox's, iPads, streaming, browsing, the Internet's been pretty good. I regularly getting 130+ download speed on my upto 150 virgin fibre broadband.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

What's the BT Fibre like? I'm on virgin, costing me a bomb but with the kids on their xbox's, iPads, streaming, browsing, the Internet's been pretty good. I regularly getting 130+ download speed on my upto 150 virgin fibre broadband.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
To be fair those speeds piss on BT, im out in the sticks (20min drive to Forest Green Rovers) and get 35-45Mb which handles online gaming and kids youtube well enough.

eastwoodsdustman

I've just got a new mobile phone and have 3 months free BT sport on it(the crickets partly why I got it). Can I run it through the phone and onto the telly?

Users who are viewing this thread