Butts Groundshare Update (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Simon Gilbert tweeted something , telegraph are about to reveal some major news.
Then he tweetedabout cov Rugby no longer planning ccfc stadium share.

skybluedan

Simon Gilbert tweeted something , telegraph are about to reveal some major news.
Then he tweetedabout cov Rugby no longer planning ccfc stadium share.

It will be bollocks then if it's anything to do with them, and if it's not bollocks it will just be shit

covcity4life

Doubt it'll be good news, it never is

my thoughts exactly

obviously we all dream about new owners but it sprob just sum crapa bout pay on the gate or academy news and wasps agree to a deal about it.

wont be good good news though

even if we got new owners we cant own our own stadium anymore

sorry i am depressive today

Nick

Administrator
Not really major news, it is Millerchip again saying that ccfc needs to drop legal action isn't it?

Asked if any groundshare deal was officially dead, he said: “That’s up to Chris to determine. There was a good possibility there for us, but it’s up to him.”

skybluedan

my thoughts exactly

obviously we all dream about new owners but it sprob just sum crapa bout pay on the gate or academy news and wasps agree to a deal about it.

wont be good good news though

even if we got new owners we cant own our own stadium anymore

sorry i am depressive today

I find masturbating in front of a open freezer wearing nothing but wellies helps......

Nick

Administrator
Interesting I called it yesterday or the day before about something coming out... ;)

Jon Sharp says:

Asked if any groundshare deal was officially dead, he said: “That’s up to Chris to determine. There was a good possibility there for us, but it’s up to him.”

Was even less likely to happen with the fact that Millerchip had the final say over it, the same Millerchip who is in with CSF and Wasps...

So it is Millerchip doing an article saying they are doing something, but aren't doing something with CCFC...

CJ_covblaze

Not huge news. It was never going to happen anyway.

Captain Dart

Not really major news, it is Millerchip again saying that ccfc needs to drop legal action isn't it?

He isn't the only one is he.

Samo

It seems to me that SISU are running out of options, running out of ideas and running out of time. If the Academy and it's occasional windfalls go south I think the end is nigh!

Nick

Administrator
The Telegraph revealed in May that plans had been drawn up for a potential groundshare between CCFC and Coventry RFC - including the expansion of the stadium to between 15,000 and 25,000 seats.

They are still playing that one as well ;)

I still don't get the basis of the article, it reads as if Millerchip is just saying "we are doing things but without ccfc, but we dont know yet" randomly?

It is all just being said for a reason, from the CCC / Wasps / CSF crew.

oucho

I knew it....this was never going to happen. Time to move on to realistic alternatives....oh wait, there's only one and that's to buckle up at the Ricoh, play Mr Nice Guy to get the best terms possible from Wasps, sit tight, see how tings develop over the next few years and hope to buy a stake in the Ricoh from Wasps at some point.

Samo

They are still playing that one as well ;)

I still don't get the basis of the article, it reads as if Millerchip is just saying "we are doing things but without ccfc, but we dont know yet" randomly?

It is all just being said for a reason, from the CCC / Wasps / CSF crew.

Sounds to me like he's saying 'I've heard fuck all from Anderson so I'm getting on with it'

Nick

Administrator
Sounds to me like he's saying 'I've heard fuck all from Anderson so I'm getting on with it'
I think that was always the case, even if ccfc wanted it. It would have to get past Millerchip then the council..

Sharp actually seemed up for it..

That's of course ignoring the issue with ccfc

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
CCFC were never involved in anything other than "what if" talks at the BPA with someone who had no power to move it forward. Looks like "sources close to the club" were somewhat wide of the mark and wasted everyone's time - how many pages of posts on here was it?

Brylowes

Unless it was going to be a very small stadium maybe 7 or 8000, with no plan or room
For expansion, I don't think this was ever seriously an option.

Nick

Administrator
Unless it was to test the water to see how people acted?

After all, the council were onto the what if talks quickly.

They must have known about Millerchip?

Captain Dart

Maybe Gilbert's book is being pulped?
Nope, its on Amazon now, have you put your pre-order in?
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1785312103
* waits for reaction :p

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think the best thing we can do for now is to concentrate on the football.

SISU/CCFC must have known about Millerchip too and still stoked the fire about developing the BPA.

Usual state of affairs - so much smoke and mirrors coming from all sides you can not rely on anything and have to keep an open mind. Only time you can half trust anything is when some identifiable action is actually taken - which isn't on the surface of it very often

Captain Dart

SISU/CCFC must have known about Millerchip too and still stoked the fire about developing the BPA.
I think it was always baloney. They may have talked, but no one was ever minded to move it forward, and if Millerchip wasn't happy then the deal would be off.

CCFC were never involved in anything other than "what if" talks at the BPA with someone who had no power to move it forward. Looks like "sources close to the club" were somewhat wide of the mark and wasted everyone's time - how many pages of posts on here was it?
Les Reid :greyalien:

Users who are viewing this thread