Butts Park Arena is new home (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting, maybe that's why he was asking for ccc help?

If it did happen, I'd want it done properly, I wouldn't want the football club to go in branding it all up and making the rugby fans feel like we do on matchday for example.

If it can benefit both and they can work together properly and both sets of fans happy then bonus

chiefdave

Interesting, maybe that's why he was asking for ccc help?

It makes more sense to need CCC's help if its in Coventry, and even more if they own the site freehold. If it was outside the city CCC might have some involvement but I doubt they would be a vital part of the project.

Who knows, my gut says it will never happen but there's been so many strange twists and turns it would be foolish to rule anything out.

robbiethemole

Coventry Rugby Football Club holds a long lease.

would they have to sub-let to us which is the same as being at the Ricoh.

I came over there from Rugby to collect tickets and there's very little parking how will the area cope with matchday traffic??

fernandopartridge

I like the idea but can't see it, but, if it does become a reality it would be great. The capacity is a bit small but then again our average gate is.

Would definitely get behind such a scheme if it became a reality. Brilliant for a booze.

italiahorse

"But there would be scope to extend it, potentially upwards, to accommodate more than 20,000"

It's a great location but we know it's not a big enough in area.
Let's get real on this and push Sisu for some information.

These articles just divert the real problem.

skybluetony176

"But there would be scope to extend it, potentially upwards, to accommodate more than 20,000"

Needs to be 20,000 at least to begin with. If not how does the maths stand up as to possible 32,000 tickets while renting at the Ricoh? We keep being told it's all about the revenue and ticket sales is the biggest part of that by a long shot. At 12,000 - 15,000 its cutting our revenue potential by over half to two thirds overnight. That's league 1/2 territory. Renting or not.

Monkeyface

Ignoring the fact a stadium would have to be 20k+ from the start, I'd be more than happy with the Butts. A more central location is better for everybody, and you wouldn't need as much parking.

covkid69

shame we couldn't demolish the students buildings at the butts to create more space....not as if students don't have enough buildings in cov already :)

shmmeee

Ignoring the fact a stadium would have to be 20k+ from the start, I'd be more than happy with the Butts. A more central location is better for everybody, and you wouldn't need as much parking.

Good luck getting it past HENA

stupot07

A nice compact 20k stadium in town would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

The location is great being in town. The club would however have to try and aim for the majority of the crowd to come by public transport. In London for example many of the stadiums have almost no parking for supporters and they have no problems.

The issue for me is that we would hit a celling on where we could go as a club. If we remained a Championship/League One club for our remaining future, 20,000 would be perfect. However if we became a stable Premier League club, 20,000 isn't enough. Look at clubs similar to our size like Leicester, Southampton and even Stoke. It really limits where we could progress to as a club.

lifeskyblue

In my opinion this is nothing more than a pawn in the play of how we interact with wasps. Anderson will use this (he may even have planted it with the observer) as a bargaining chip when he has his meeting re ccfc' future at the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

The location is great being in town. The club would however have to try and aim for the majority of the crowd to come by public transport. In London for example many of the stadiums have almost no parking for supporters and they have no problems.

The issue for me is that we would hit a celling on where we could go as a club. If we remained a Championship/League One club for our remaining future, 20,000 would be perfect. However if we became a stable Premier League club, 20,000 isn't enough. Look at clubs similar to our size like Leicester, Southampton and even Stoke. It really limits where we could progress to as a club.

Don't forget we need to include the other 365 day incomes. Hotels, retail, conference facilities. No good if everybody is drinking elsewhere and not buying parking spaces from the club.

thewards5579

In my opinion this is nothing more than a pawn in the play of how we interact with wasps. Anderson will use this (he may even have planted it with the observer) as a bargaining chip when he has his meeting re ccfc' future at the Ricoh.

Spot on lifeskyblue

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

italiahorse

I hope he's got more than that.
Us fans don't believe Sisu so Wasps will make mincemeat with him.
Negotiate a 10 year deal and take the pressure off themselves by not talking about the stadium.
Make the Stadium a 10 year project and do it properly. Green belt planning permission and building will take most that.

Moff

Don't forget we need to include the other 365 day incomes. Hotels, retail, conference facilities. No good if everybody is drinking elsewhere and not buying parking spaces from the club.

Knew you would be all over it like a rash trying to big up your beloved Ricoh. Imagine the club moving to the Butts, how would you cope without the CCFC parking revenue?

(Its a joke question please dont answer how you would cope as I am not really interested)

pusbccfc

Exactly and if you decide to use the space for extra seats, you won't have space for things like hotels.

They could be clever and buy the old Butts Retreat over the road and use that space to build a shop or a club bar etc.

lifeskyblue

I hope he's got more than that.
Us fans don't believe Sisu so Wasps will make mincemeat with him.
Negotiate a 10 year deal and take the pressure off themselves by not talking about the stadium.
Make the Stadium a 10 year project and do it properly. Green belt planning permission and building will take most that.

That seems a plan. Unfortunately the recent history of our football club suggests a well thought through long term strategy is not what we are likely to get. But as ever I remain hopeful...

stupot07

Knew you would be all over it like a rash trying to big up your beloved Ricoh. Imagine the club moving to the Butts, how would you cope without the CCFC parking revenue?

(Its a joke question please dont answer how you would cope as I am not really interested)

Don't worry, he wont attend if it's not walking distance...... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread