Callum O'Hare (35 Viewers)

pusbccfc

You know where players live? I dont to be fair so i'll take your comment prima facie.
If you think the voting for London mayor is honest then you must believe in Father Christmas!

Even if he was the worst mayor on Earth, he'd still get in ahead of the Tory or Lib Dem candidate.

Old Warwickshire lad

Yes I get all that, but you stated if he invested every penny of a 3 year deal on 20k he would have 1.6m. But that's only if he immediately withdraws it. If he still has a football career for another 10 years, then he can 'only' save 500k, leave it invested and double it to 1m before starting to draw down the principle using the 4% rule. With inflation, 40k will not be as lucrative in 10 years, but still a pretty nice passive income if he's sheltered much of it in ISAs and has paid off the majority of his mortgage in that time too!
Footballers used to have a pension scheme, which allowed them to access their fund early.

Covcraig@bury

This is complete nonsense. Have worked in London for over 35 years and lived there for a lot of that time. Regularly go out in the evening in London. Never once been the victim of crime. It's mostly a safe city.
I concur, I work in London 3-4 days every week and I have never been / seen anything. It’s a very safe City

TomRad85

I've moved from inside the North Circular to just outside London and honestly it's much nicer. I've witnessed a lot of crime and some areas are absolutely dangerous... but away from that, a footballer isn't going to live in those areas

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Think some on here should re-watch the Wolves game. Palmer was brilliant that day feeding Wright & Simms.
Shame O'Hare is leaving but we've been here before. Once he didn't sign the contract when he got back into the side, it was clear he was gone. There's definitely been a visible shift in O'Hare's body language, and performances since February. I do wonder if a transfer in January was in the works, and it didn't go through in the end.

biggymania

Would be surprised by the move to West Ham but definitely more exciting than some of the other clubs banded about.
Think some on here should re-watch the Wolves game. Palmer was brilliant that day feeding Wright & Simms.
Shame O'Hare is leaving but we've been here before. Once he didn't sign the contract when he got back into the side, it was clear he was gone. There's definitely been a visible shift in O'Hare's body language, and performances since February. I do wonder if a transfer in January was in the works, and it didn't go through in the end.
I think the reality is in the games where Palmer is not effective (which feel quite often) he tends to detract from the team by losing posession, slowing us down, not doing enough out of posession etc.

That's why he likely needs to become a squad player - introduced when the game needs his particular brand. He's no doubt had enough coaching under this team and others to suggest he isn't going to progress much further.

There's also the fitness & injury record to consider here.

Major Tom

O'Hare is clearly not signing a new contract so we need to move on.. Good luck to him where ever he goes.

Will never forget the vid of him with the sky blue wig when we got promoted which is now sky blues folklore and the flair he brought to the team including the countless free kicks he was awarded.

Let's hope we can replace him with an equivalent talent or better.

As for Palmer leaving we need to build the squad not start again which cost us the play offs this season.

Hertsccfc

Hello, glad you have safe experiences, but a quick Google does show a decline in safety / increase in crime.
View attachment 35421
Maybe to take off topic but I would treat those stats with a degree of scepticism. I recently read something that showed that serious crime has reduced markedly and the apparent increase in numbers was due to differences in the way that incidents are recorded.

Yorkshire SB

Personally think O'Hare will make the grade in the PL. His running is absolutely elite, and he can play as well. In some of the big games this season he's shown his game is up to it. Will fit in well in a side that want to press.

Users who are viewing this thread