Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

Don't want to start a what's the point or argument thread but how nice would it have been to see Callum Wilson scoring a goal at Villa Park in a Coventry City shirt :(

Samo

Be nice if my lottery numbers came up. Wtf?

skybluetony176

It's always nice to see someone score against Villa in a Coventry top. But for now I'll take an ex Coventry player in a Bournemouth top. It's a shame he didn't get a couple more.

tisza

obviously it's a shame he isn't playing for us but I'm happy to see a local lad doing well and furthering his career.
any issues are about the club selling and how the money was used not the lad himself.
personally as he's a local lad i hope to see him playing in the premier league one day.

The Gentleman

Be nice if my lottery numbers came up. Wtf?

Hang on a minute, am I not allowed to think back to our heady days of the PL when we used to play Villa away and think how nice it would have been to see a Cov lad score a goal against them rather than for another team? Or shall I just sit here posting about how shit life is at the minute being a Cov fan and talk about JR's or the CCC or ACL?

Last edited:

Hobo

Hang on a minute, am I not allowed to think back to our heady days of the PL when we used to play Villa away and think how nice it would have been to see a Cov lad score a goal against them rather than for another team? Or shall I just sit here posting about how shit life is at the minute being a Cov fan and talk about JR's or the CCC or ACL?

I agree it all gets very tedious, but it was nice to see a Coventry born lad stick one past the Villa. Here's to better times and a return to us being able to have some pride back in the team.

Samo

Hang on a minute, am I not allowed to think back to our heady days of the PL when we used
to play Villa away and think how nice it would have been to see a Cov lad score a goal against them rather than for another team? Or shall I just sit here posting about how shit life is at the minute being a Cov fan and talk about JR's or the CCC or ACL?

OK Gent, keep your Alan Wickers on! Remenise away, I was just playing up.

CJ_covblaze

Immediately after coming on Alan Hutton had to bring Wilson down and take a booking as he couldn't handle him. Straight from kick off after Wilson's goal he and Richie broke through and came very close to levelling it up. It's a shame Wilson and Richie weren't on earlier as they were starting to gel at the end.

Was an excellent end to end game and both sides looked well matched. Given and Camp were both quite busy and pulled off decent stops throughout. Gil's goal was a moment of pure quality. Well worth a watch later just for that.

Last edited:
Immediately after coming on Alan Hutton had to bring Wilson down and take a booking as he couldn't handle him. Straight from kick off after Wilson's goal he and Richie broke through and came very close to levelling it up. It's a shame Wilson and Richie weren't on earlier as they were starting to gel at the end.

Was an excellent end to end game and both sides looked well matched. Given and Camp were both quite busy and pulled off decent stops throughout. Gil's goal was a moment of pure quality. Well worth a watch later just for that.

Sounds like you there CJ! Like you we went both to Yeovil and Villa. Definitely the better game yesterday in a top class stadium - God I miss those days! Pity Bournemouth didn't play Callum and the rest of their first team from the start, they might have nicked it. As it was 2 Villa goals were definitely collectors items!

CJ_covblaze

Sounds like you there CJ! Like you we went both to Yeovil and Villa. Definitely the better game yesterday in a top class stadium - God I miss those days! Pity Bournemouth didn't play Callum and the rest of their first team from the start, they might have nicked it. As it was 2 Villa goals were definitely collectors items!

Miles better than the dross we watched at Yeovil. It was my 39th game of the season. Love a neutral match. You get to appreciate the football more, especially at the top level. Having said that tomorrow we're going to Walsall v Preston in the JPT!

Users who are viewing this thread