Canadian held hostage by the Taliban for 5 years charged with 15 criminal offences (1 Viewer)

Otis

Freed hostage Joshua Boyle faces 15 criminal charges - Freed Canadian hostage arrested for assault

If all this is true you can only imagine the mental damage five years in captivity has done to this man.

8 assault charges
2 sexual assault charges
2 unlawful confinement charges
1 count of misleading the police
Uttering death threats
Causing someone to take a noxious substance

And this is all since his release from captivity in October.

Nick

Administrator
Is this the guy who married and had kids while he was there?

Always thought that story was a bit strange to be honest. Something didn't quite sit right, the guy had converted to Islam, become obsessed with a terrorist and married his sister.

Then for a bloke obsessed with terrorism, go backpacking through a Taliban Hotspot with a wife who is 5 months pregnant.

Otis

Yeah, I did find it odd too, but he only came home in October and between October and December he has been alleged to have carried out all these offences.

Nick

Administrator
There is more to it I'd say, obviously being in captivity is bad but he was married to a woman with links to Bin Laden before he even went out there.

Otis

There is more to it I'd say, obviously being in captivity is bad but he was married to a woman with links to Bin Laden before he even went out there.
Well yep, get that, but if he was some kind of conditioned terrorist wouldn't he have been going out and committing some kind of terrorist attack?

The fact that he has been charged with some confinement offences sort of points to psychological damage to me. He was confined for 5 years himself of course.

Users who are viewing this thread