Capello fires Rooney warning (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

rooney_england.jpg
England boss only interested in form of United striker

England manager Fabio Capello has warned striker Wayne Rooney that he will not play him unless he finds his form.
The Manchester United player is currently sidelined with an ankle injury but his form for club and country has been questionable for the past six months and he has netted just once in the Premier League this season.
The troubled forward has also been headline news in the tabloids as revelations regarding his personal life were also published last month.
Rooney, 25, then expressed a desire to leave Old Trafford before making a sensational U-turn and signing a new five-year contract last week.
However, Capello claims he is not concerned about Rooney's life off the field, as long as he delivers the goods on it.
But if Rooney does not perform, the Italian says he will not hesitate to leave out the former Everton youngster.
"If he's (in form) I'll play him, otherwise no," Capello told RAI.
"For anything else, you've got to ask (Manchester United manager Sir Alex) Ferguson."

Youngsters

The Italian added he intends to give England's 'emerging talents' a run out in the next two friendlies - against France next month and the other in February.
"We have good young players, a good Under 21 squad that has qualified for the European Championship and a great Under 19 side," he said.
"There's going to be some experiments with players in the next two friendlies."
The 64-year-old coach also confirmed that Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine will be his last as a football manager.
"After the Euros I'm definitely going to retire.
"Unfortunately I am old, I no longer have the time: this will be my last experience on the bench."

Users who are viewing this thread