Capello slams England cynics (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Fabio-Capello-Cap-England-France-Internationa_2530927.jpg
England coach Fabio Capello has hit back at the critics following Wednesday's 2-1 defeat by France.
Capello bowed to public and media opinion by taking the opportunity to blood a string of youngsters in the Wembley friendly, handing debuts to Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson and Newcastle striker Andy Carroll.
Yet Capello then found himself fending off questions about the comprehensive nature of France's victory as they outclassed his experimental side.
The Italian boss felt it was a valuable lesson for his inexperienced squad, but he is at a loss to understand why the post-match verdicts have been so unforgiving.
"All the time I have been reading 'you have to put the young players in, young players, young players'," said Capello.
"This time I put the young players in and we are speaking about the result and the difference between the English and French players.

The Future

"These young players are the future of England," he added. "I monitored these players in the Premier League and there, I know their value.
"But I also have to understand what really happens when they play with the seniors.
"I think that some of these young players will play another game when we play in February. It is important to improve and to stay together."
Capello was forced into some changes with established stars such as John Terry, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney all unavailable.
And he is confident that the experience garnered from Wednesday's game will stand his most promising youngsters in good stead during the remainder of the Euro 2012 qualifiying campaign.
"It is important for the older players to be fit but we also have to put the young players into the team because a lot of them could be in my squad for Euro 2012," he said.
"I am not worried. First of all we found really good players, like Carroll, who will be important for the future and can play more important games in Euro qualification.
"The other players will be young and better the next time they play.
"Without experience, it is impossible to put young players on the pitch and expect them to play well."

Users who are viewing this thread