Car valuation help. (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know an 82 year old lady who has a car she needs to sell (as she simply cannot drive anymore). It is a 1989 G reg Saab 900 (don't know what model - turbo etc) but the thing is, it has only done 36,000 miles. (can't go far on this island!), which is an average of just 1600 miles a year! It is in mint condition as it is garaged permanently. The bodywork is like showroom condition (well almost!). Dark blue in colour. I can get more details when I see her again next week.
She's asked me if I would help to sell it for her but I have no idea what to ask for. Any car buffs out there to give me an idea?

Covstu

The problem is that regardless of the mileage, the age of the car will be an issue so would lower the value dramatically. Have you done an internet search for simialr aged cars and maybe pitch a few grand higher??

Houchens Head

Checked on the net but with sites like Parker you have to register and they charge £4.99 just for a quote against the mileage! Sod that! It's just that I guessed that a car that has been really looked after with really low mileage would hold a good value.

Houchens Head

Just looked at that site thanks LaLaLa. Only £295? Thought the one this lady has would be more in the region of £1500 due to condition and mileage. Some on ebay are ridiculous prices!

Rich

It wont be worth much unfortunately due to the age. It may be be worth keeping it until it becomes a classic and the price will start going up again.

Houchens Head

At what age is it classed as a classic? 25 years?

Rich

80's cars are just about becoming classics. Theres no definition really. It's just when a care is rare enough that people want them again.

Users who are viewing this thread