CCC Statement (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Well-Known Member
Coventry City Council has welcomed the judgement handed down today (Monday 30 June) following the judicial review into the Council’s decision to support new loan arrangements for ACL.
Cllr Ann Lucas, OBE, Leader of the Council, said: “We are delighted that the judge has found the claimants’ grounds for bringing the JR are totally invalid .
“We were always confident we could robustly defend our unanimous and cross party decision by all councillors at Full Council in January 2013 to support the new loan arrangement to ACL. The decision was taken in order to protect an important asset – the Ricoh Arena – which belongs to the people of Coventry. We had no choice about defending this decision in the courts.
“We have taken no pleasure in finding ourselves in court defending our decision and in having to spend council taxpayers’ money defending a legal challenge from SISU. We have always wanted to see the Sky Blues playing back at the Ricoh, the club’s rightful home. Our door remains open – to the football club, to anyone who wants to talk to us about the future of the Ricoh Arena. We will always listen, and make our choices based on what’s best for the city, not on what works for the interests of one group.
“We continue to urge Joy Seppala to consider a return to the Ricoh Arena so that thousands of Sky Blues fans can see their team again at home and the relationship between the club and ACL can be rebuilt.
“If Joy does not want – even now – to return the football club to its rightful home back here at the Ricoh Arena we would encourage the Football League to use its powers to ensure a rapid return to Coventry for the sake of thousands of Sky Blues fans.
“We also urge SISU to abandon further costly, lengthy and pointless appeals and focus on realistic ways of bringing the club home.”
Judge Hickinbottom has yet to award costs as a result of the hearing. A decision on costs is expected on 4 July.
 

covcity4life

Well-Known Member
football league need to come out with an update on all this.

i cannot be arsed with cov in northampton for 2-3 years.

dare i say phoenix team? or am i jusr overacting to bad news?
 

torchomatic

Well-Known Member
Hopefully now we'll hear from ACL and CCC over their future plans without any of the "we can't speak because of the JR" stuff.
 

Kingokings204

Well-Known Member
Hopefully now we'll hear from ACL and CCC over their future plans without any of the "we can't speak because of the JR" stuff.

They have already said it torch. They want JS to come back to Coventry and they will listen to any offers sisu have. There is no doubt sisu are doomed now as investors will stop ploughing in money, apparently they were on the verge of pulling out last year so god knows what they think now they have been crushed in this case. 1 minute verdict is a thrashing 5-0 in a football score line.
 

Godiva

Well-Known Member
Coventry City Council has welcomed the judgement handed down today (Monday 30 June) following the judicial review into the Council’s decision to support new loan arrangements for ACL.
Cllr Ann Lucas, OBE, Leader of the Council, said: “We are delighted that the judge has found the claimants’ grounds for bringing the JR are totally invalid .
“We were always confident we could robustly defend our unanimous and cross party decision by all councillors at Full Council in January 2013 to support the new loan arrangement to ACL. The decision was taken in order to protect an important asset – the Ricoh Arena – which belongs to the people of Coventry. We had no choice about defending this decision in the courts.
“We have taken no pleasure in finding ourselves in court defending our decision and in having to spend council taxpayers’ money defending a legal challenge from SISU. We have always wanted to see the Sky Blues playing back at the Ricoh, the club’s rightful home. Our door remains open – to the football club, to anyone who wants to talk to us about the future of the Ricoh Arena. We will always listen, and make our choices based on what’s best for the city, not on what works for the interests of one group.
“We continue to urge Joy Seppala to consider a return to the Ricoh Arena so that thousands of Sky Blues fans can see their team again at home and the relationship between the club and ACL can be rebuilt.
“If Joy does not want – even now – to return the football club to its rightful home back here at the Ricoh Arena we would encourage the Football League to use its powers to ensure a rapid return to Coventry for the sake of thousands of Sky Blues fans.
“We also urge SISU to abandon further costly, lengthy and pointless appeals and focus on realistic ways of bringing the club home.”
Judge Hickinbottom has yet to award costs as a result of the hearing. A decision on costs is expected on 4 July.

Really?
The stadium would have vanished if they hadn't supported ACL?
 
D

Deleted member 5849

Guest
Better than Mutton would have done anyway.

Definitely!

Sometimes wonder how things might have panned out had she been leader when this started to blow up...

Then again, the past is the past and there are enough olive branches to take up.
 

mrbluesky87

New Member
Hopefully now we'll hear from ACL and CCC over their future plans without any of the "we can't speak because of the JR" stuff.

Why, what impact will it have on you, like you have said many times before that Coventry City FC are the team you support and have most interest in so surely you/we/I need to know what our owners future plans are?

Im sure ACL's future plans depend on whether Joy stops throwing her dummy out as the statement highlights.
 
Last edited:

Moff

Well-Known Member
There is no point Sisu appealing anyway. CCC have the pockets to cope and its hardly distressing Acl.

Yes CCC have unlimited cash, :facepalm: thats why people are losing their jobs and services are being cut, and this was before anything todo with court cases.

In the current situation the club and ACL are f*cked.
 

sky blue john

Well-Known Member
Yes CCC have unlimited cash, :facepalm: thats why people are losing their jobs and services are being cut, and this was before anything todo with court cases.

In the current situation the club and ACL are f*cked.

Don't be a p___k all your life ?
You make it sound like CCC asked for Sisu to take them to court ?
Anyway the tax payer won't have lost out Sisu will have to foot the legal costs. So that scuppers your job losses angle !!!
 

italiahorse

Well-Known Member
Don't be a p___k all your life ?
You make it sound like CCC asked for Sisu to take them to court ?
Anyway the tax payer won't have lost out Sisu will have to foot the legal costs. So that scuppers your job losses angle !!!

Wilson should about cover the costs !!
 

Moff

Well-Known Member
Don't be a p___k all your life ?
You make it sound like CCC asked for Sisu to take them to court ?
Anyway the tax payer won't have lost out Sisu will have to foot the legal costs. So that scuppers your job losses angle !!!

John you are the PRICK. I am stating a valid point. Perhaps if you were local and not in f*cking Luton you might have grasp on how tight the councils budget is you moron.

Where the hell did I make it sound like CCC asked SISU to take them to court. What I said was that CCC were tight on finances before all the court cases, which is actually pointing out that CCC have lost out due to the appalling actions of SISU.

Oh and the job losses are real, only a bell end like you would make light of peoiple losing their jobs, because of the real financial challenges that are facing local government at the moment, so unless you can make points like an adult why dont you go and f*ck yourself.
 

CCFC PimpRail

New Member
What about all the talented 3rd division footballers who have lost their jobs, to be replaced with academy players on tuppence ha'penny a week...? Nobody's job is safe....
 

mattylad

Member
I would have liked her to ps it at the end

......ps see you at the forum Labovitch lets see you wriggle out of this one.
 

shmmeee

Well-Known Member
Yes CCC have unlimited cash, :facepalm: thats why people are losing their jobs and services are being cut, and this was before anything todo with court cases.

In the current situation the club and ACL are f*cked.

Go read how government budgets work. It's not one big pot that if you spend more here you spend less there. This won't effect services in Cov its from a different pot of money.
 

fernandopartridge

Well-Known Member
Go read how government budgets work. It's not one big pot that if you spend more here you spend less there. This won't effect services in Cov its from a different pot of money.
While you're right that some budgets are ring fenced etc. The council do not have unlimited funds to defend Court cases and because of that money has to be found from elsewhere.
 

Moff

Well-Known Member
Go read how government budgets work.

I know how it works, you arent the only one who has been employed in the public sector you know.

See Fernandos post #24 above.Perhaps I should have been more specific if you wanted to nit pick.
 
Last edited:

The Gentleman

Well-Known Member
Really?
The stadium would have vanished if they hadn't supported ACL?

Jesus fucking Christ! Get over it FFS. Judge made his decision and he was the most important one in this mess, not your opinion which has been proved wrong. But I suppose you'll be able to keep banging on about what you think was right and still try and get your way of not wanting the club to move forward.
 

James Smith

Well-Known Member
Don't be a p___k all your life ?
You make it sound like CCC asked for Sisu to take them to court ?
Anyway the tax payer won't have lost out Sisu will have to foot the legal costs. So that scuppers your job losses angle !!!

Do we know about costs yet?
 

Kingokings204

Well-Known Member

Sisu will most likely have to pay or at least I hope so else it our money paying for it.

Sisu are so full of shit. Why anyone defends them is beyond me. They don't want the Ricoh on the cheap and then Pursue a pointless case that they lost twice. Appeal won't be granted as no point. I thought sisu were doing it for Cov payers tax money. Maybe I believe my own council over a caymen islands hedgefund.

Will ML wants talks now like they did 2 week prior to JR? Slimy git. Glad he looks stupid now as he is a moron of life. He deserves no time and no one turning up to his forum. Twat.

They are doomed. We all know it. Good ridence. You are destined to fail.
 

robbiethemole

Well-Known Member
Will it make any difference to SISU if the costs are awarded against them?? Didn't ACL get judgement against them twice before and afaik they are still waiting for payment. Also is the £590k as part of the agreement to retain the Golden Share any closer tp being paid?

The CCFC line is they believe the Judgement is wrong...........................tough shit SISU, the Judge don't lie.

Pay up and ship out.
 

shmmeee

Well-Known Member
The only route they could take with a legally owed debt (as opposed to the FL agreement for the GS) is to put the club into administration.

I can't see them pulling the same trick again, that'd effectively put the club up for sale.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top