Celebrating A Goal (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I'm working on an article for Late Tackle on how fans celebrate a goal being scored ? You'd be surprised how many different reactions there are, from someone going berserk, to another remaining calm and controlled. How do you celebrate ? Being Cov fans we like to make the best of it when the goals come !

Last edited:

clint van damme

I'm working on an article for Late Tackle on how fans celebrate a goal being scored ? You'd be surprised how many different reactions there are, from someone going berserk, to another remaing calm and controlled. How do you celebrate ? Being Cov fans we like to make the best of it when the goals come !

I go mental and on a couple of occasions this season I've been on the verge of passing out! Probably time to calm down a bit.

CovBurty

Big games I'm a mental grabber. Nearest person to me gets manhandled a little. Then once free I'm climbing on the seat to get higher then the seat bounce with crazed arm shaking at the oppo fans. Then relax. MK Dons was last episode. League games make sure I have space, ideally end of row. Then the dance or shuffle comes on, sideways into the space or up and down the gangways. When I was a kid in the terracing it was just a mental group bounce and many sprained ankles sometime ankle ligaments stretched. FA Cup 87 Stoke winner completely tore the ankle ligaments with the jumping bounce. So definitely a beserker.

bringbackrattles

Big games I'm a mental grabber. Nearest person to me gets manhandled a little. Then once free I'm climbing on the seat to get higher then the seat bounce with crazed arm shaking at the oppo fans. Then relax. MK Dons was last episode. League games make sure I have space, ideally end of row. Then the dance or shuffle comes on, sideways into the space or up and down the gangways. When I was a kid in the terracing it was just a mental group bounce and many sprained ankles sometime ankle ligaments stretched. FA Cup 87 Stoke winner completely tore the ankle ligaments with the jumping bounce. So definitely a beserker.
Love it !

Otis

Hard to say. I guess a bit of jumping, lots of punching the air, a bit of raising my arms aloft to a god that doesn't exist and lots of loud cries of yes! Yes! Yes!

If it's a really, really important goal I usually lose all my pocket change.

pastythegreat

I'm a hugger! Anybody within arms distance, whether I know you or not! When at the Ricoh I run too! If there's a bit of isle space, back and forth like a dog whose owners have just come home from work!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

When the free kick went in at Luton I genuinely thought I was going to pass out for a few seconds and had to take some deep breaths while half bent over

bringbackrattles

I've gone all typically British as I've got older, and now shake hands with mates and those around me. Yet when I was younger I would jump about as if I'd received a huge electrical shock !

bringbackrattles

My son is a runner when the City score a goal. He sprints along the terracing if room allows, then comes back and shakes my hand. I've never asked why he does it just let him get on with it.

Adge

Used to love the 80''s terracing for when a goal was scored. Just look at the Cyrille Regis goal in the QF against Sheffield Wed or the crowd behind Keith Houchens goal v Man Utd in the 4th round.
Nowadays it is all a bit reserved.

Covstu

Generally proper mental, grab anyone around me for a hug, flick the v’s at the away fans if they have been giving us stick all game. Always know when we have played well as I have bruises on my shins from hitting the chair infront

Users who are viewing this thread