challenge94 (1 Viewer)

challenge94

January 2009 saw me start my ‘Challenge94’. The challenge was for me to visit every football league ground from the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 for a competitive match, all in 2009. This has included the 2 teams promoted to League 2 from the conference at the end of last season. In doing so, I will be attempting to raise money for Children in Need.
Some of you may remember me coming on here when I visited your teams ground. Well now I am nearing the end of the challenge and I am looking for donations for such a great charity. You can donate as little as 2.00 and now is the best time to do this. Children In Need hosts its main show on Friday night.
If you would like to help towards this please go to www.justgiving.com/markcorney
I also have a more detailed account of the year at http://challenge94.webs.com which goes into more detail the journey I have had with pictures, tickets and reports of the games I have been. It would be great to get some feedback on the site and the challenge itself from other football supporters

Thanks

Mark

simmouk

Administrator
As I (think) I said when you posted about it before, it's a cracking idea mate, just had a quick through your site and it is royally impressive that you've managed to get so many visits in! According to your list you should have been at Yeovil yesterday - how was it?!

Anyway I've whacked you over a £5 donation, every little helps as the popular supermarket brand would say!

challenge94

As I (think) I said when you posted about it before, it's a cracking idea mate, just had a quick through your site and it is royally impressive that you've managed to get so many visits in! According to your list you should have been at Yeovil yesterday - how was it?!

Anyway I've whacked you over a £5 donation, every little helps as the popular supermarket brand would say!

Your right mate, every little does help and thanks for your donation. I've literally just got back from Stoke v Pompey. Yesterday at Yeovil was quite funny apart from getting soaked. I had to feel a little for the Charlton fans that were on an open terrace with the wind blowing a gale right into there faces!! At one point in the game there keeper kicked the ball out for a clearance, it must have gone about 30 yards out but the wind blew it straight back and out for a corner!!

Thanks again for the donation

Best wishes

Mark

simmouk

Administrator
Haha, that's proper grass-roots football right there! Open grounds, wind blowing the ball over the place, away fans getting there faces frozen to sh*t lol. All you needed to see next was half of the squad then trundling off to work their "normal" jobs as milkmen etc. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread