Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

Win obviously.

Shooting boots finally arrive from Amazon and we win 4-2. Chaplin 2, Bayliss and Jones from the bench (if the rules allow it and it would of course have to be one hell of a shot).

MR back to being master tactician again and everybody stops moaning apart from those who never do anything but moan.

Happy days.

Philosorapter

Coventry at Charlton Athletic

IMG_1485.PNG IMG_1487.PNG

Coventry (1421P)*

Win +42 (1463)
Draw +6 (1427)
Loss. -31 (1390)

*Teams to come out of provisional mode after completion of round 12 matches.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Shipley and Thomas need to be dropped. I would say Doyle too, but who can come in for him... A half fit Kelly or Ogogo?

Chaplin in for Andreu

They conceded 5 last night. Watch us fail to score.

clint van damme

Shipley and Thomas need to be dropped. I would say Doyle too, but who can come in for him... A half fit Kelly or Ogogo?

Chaplin in for Andreu

wouldn't drop Thomas, his work rate and pace are real assets, just need to teach him to delivery some end product between now and Saturday, shouldn't be a problem.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The easiest way to describe it is as a way of measuring performance based on results.
I get that (and have read The Number's Game by our esteemed ex-MD), but I don't know how that relates to the figures in your post? -

Win +42 (1463)
Draw +6 (1427)
Loss. -31 (1390)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
City need to learn their dance routine before they go!
Charleston Athletic.jpg

Philosorapter

I get that (and have read The Number's Game by our esteemed ex-MD), but I don't know how that relates to the figures in your post? -

Win +42 (1463)
Draw +6 (1427)
Loss. -31 (1390)

These are the figures which Coventry would get for a win, draw or loss.

I haven't included any of the figures for the opponents on purpose but I will for the sake of this post.

Charlton (1579P)

Win +31 (1610)
Draw -6 (1573)
Loss -42 (1537)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

wouldn't drop Thomas, his work rate and pace are real assets, just need to teach him to delivery some end product between now and Saturday, shouldn't be a problem.

They are, you're right.

But we aren't scoring goals for a reason, and he's one of them. Our lack of end product is extremely frustrating.

standupforcity

Said it before...Thomas is another Kent...no end product! If we could teach him to look up and cross the ball, things might be very different...

Otis

Said it before...Thomas is another Kent...no end product! If we could teach him to look up and cross the ball, things might be very different...
If he could have been taught to look up and cross he probably wouldn't be here in the first place and would be in Derby's team.

Warwickhunt

Chaplin in for Andreu

Bayliss has done fuck all for the last 3 matches either

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Managed to have a decent 1/2 hour chat with Deitmar Brucks on Wednesday! bumped into him after having his haircut at the Ricoh Barbers, What a really delightful chap he is:joyful: we was talking as if we had been friends for years! he was gutted about the performance on Tuesday Night!. He was very critical of our last 3rd of the field perfomance in particular as he cannot understand why they slow down the play as soon as they get to within 30 yards of the oppositions box. He thought Hyam was a Premiership player in the making when he was bringing the ball out from the back he managed to press the Portsmouth Midfield back on their heels. Didnt understand why MR swapped Jones over to the lefthand side and virtually killed any penetration we had! Portsmouth were panicing every time JJ got the ball on the right and the defenders stood off him a yard giving him time to turn them inside out. Every time Jones got the ball on the right one of their centre backs kept having to come out of the middle to cover the left back leaving a hole for Bayliss to thread balls through which he thought would have paid off but MR killed the impetus with the switch and the game went into sleep mode just waiting for the whistle to blow. He also said that he canno get over how unfit the officials are in Div1/2? he knew it was not going to be good when the ref walked past him in the tunnel wheezing like an Astmatic Prossie:joyful: He actually watched the referee during the game and said spent most of his time in the centre circle even when their goal keeper kept laying on the floor after he caught the ball in the last 10 minutes or so he couldnt be asked to walk over to him to tell to stop it, he laughed his head off over him. He is the Guest of Charlton on Saturday as that is here he went to finish off his career after he left City. He is having to wear his Charlton Tie and hopes that the City fans will not be too hard on him if they see him on the train! he said City will always be his Number One team. bloody nice fella!:shamefullyembarrased::shamefullyembarrased:

Last edited:

6 Generations

We did not deserve to lose against Pompey.

I thought that Bayliss was outstanding, but our final pass was rushed and wasted on so many occasions.

Andreu looked good but seemed reluctant to shoot, as were a few others.

We deserved at least a draw and a draw is what i would hope for on Saturday.

I note that the appointed referee in Ben Toner.

A rather apt choice for both teams.

Nick

Administrator
Can see a 1-0 loss with Robins blaming Bakayoko for it who he brought on in the 89th minute especially.

Users who are viewing this thread