Cheackatrade Final crowd... (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

....looks like the sort of numbers Halesowen v Tamworth would muster in an FA Vase final.

Otis

Not watching, but apparently there's been a few complaints on the Beeb live text about Lincoln dirty tactics.

Otis

How many are there? It might just give lincoln a confidence boost
I just flicked over and I am sure the commentator said that there were 30,000 Lincoln fans.

May have misheard though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Appalling support from Shrews and they played pretty shit too considering they are fighting for a top spot in the league above.

Lincoln will have confidence from this, more misery to come for us as a result I'd imagine.

Otis

Appalling support from Shrews and they played pretty shit too considering they are fighting for a top spot in the league above.

Lincoln will have confidence from this, more misery to come for us as a result I'd imagine.
I saw about the last 10-12 mins. Shrewsbury couldn't even pass the ball to their own man.

Shocking.

M&B Stand

I just flicked over and I am sure the commentator said that there were 30,000 Lincoln fans.

May have misheard though.

27k Lincoln

I tell you what, that was an advert for how shit leagues one and two are.
They’d be better off letting the conference teams enter rather than readings youth team etc

Grendel

Great effort from Lincoln to get that many there

SlowerThanPlatt

Yep decent effort from both sides IMO. Shrewsbury’s may look on the low side but they have a genuine chance of reaching the Championship so this game would have been a side show for them.

Few ex Cov. Allsopp in goal for Lincoln and Bryn Morris for Shrewsbury, loanee from Boro who played I think 3 games

Otis

Twelve months on, I still don't get the clammer. So pleased I never went.
Yeah, me too.

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Shrewsbury have played at the new Wembley about 5 times I think, not surprised many didn't turn up especially as they might be there again in the play off final. 14k isn't too bad anyway, still 133% higher than their average home gate. Not as many complete one a season brigadeers as CCFC

CJ_covblaze

Covstu

Exactly, there was some idiot who contacted talksport on Jim whites show bragging about how many we brought compared to these two. He just sounded like an arrogant prick and got shot down the same.

Absolutely fair play to both teams

xcraigx

Plenty of B team boycotters from Shrewsbury too. The last two trips to Wembley saw 20,000+ followings.

fernandopartridge

Exactly, there was some idiot who contacted talksport on Jim whites show bragging about how many we brought compared to these two. He just sounded like an arrogant prick and got shot down the same.

He should brag about our average home attendances being on a par with both of them, despite our apparent brilliant support.

jimmyhillsfanclub

If I was a Lincoln or Shrews supporter having witnessed successes in recent years........I would have been nowhere near wembley for this farce of a trophy......

oscillatewildly

We have arrogant bragging pricks amongst our support?

Kneeza

Agree that Lincoln and Shrews did well by 'percentage'. Much better than us. But face it, they have nobody else for miles. All you see in e.g. Lincoln city centre is Lincoln shirts (and Man Utd, naturally).
We're surrounded by higher level teams.
Not saying that's a great excuse, mind!

Otis

This year;)
Every year, except for last season where we were lucky enough to play when the competition was given more gravitas and made more prestigious as a one off.

The trophy was made slightly bigger for that campaign and was made of better material and was much more expensive too.

I think there were even discussions about a possible Europa League place for the winners, but that wasnof course scuppered by Gary Linekar.

We were very lucky to play that year.

Grendel

This really doesn't tell the whole story though does it.... Population of Lincolnshire is 1073,300 ish

Our catchment area is around 600,000 by the same comparison

Grendel

Quite and with us surrounded by a fair few easily accessible decent clubs our support at times still remains extraordinary.

I didn’t realise you said a million - that’s a ridiculous comparison. One of the biggest density populations there is Scunthorpe and another nearer to Nottingham.

Users who are viewing this thread