Cheap gaming. (1 Viewer)

Marty

Can anybody recommend me some decent games for the xbox or xbox 360. Looking for older ones I can pick up cheaply really.

Cheers.

stupot07

Gears of war 1 & 2
Any of the tiger Wood's
Call of duty world at war
Call of duty modern warfare 1 & 2
FIFA 10
Splinter cell conviction
Battlefield bad company 2
Guitar hero 3
Rainbow 6 vegas 2
Halo

Buggy

I'm not on commission for reccomendation online, but Game have a pretty decent 3 for 2 on instore at the minute (I work there). You can get the older forza, fable 3, call of duty, assassins creed brotherhood, FIFA, halo, guitar hero etc. preowned :)

Happy gaming!

Marty

Gears of war 1 & 2
Any of the tiger Wood's
Call of duty world at war
Call of duty modern warfare 1 & 2
FIFA 10
Splinter cell conviction
Battlefield bad company 2
Guitar hero 3
Rainbow 6 vegas 2
Halo

all played. :D

Marty

I'm not on commission for reccomendation online, but Game have a pretty decent 3 for 2 on instore at the minute (I work there). You can get the older forza, fable 3, call of duty, assassins creed brotherhood, FIFA, halo, guitar hero etc. preowned :)

Happy gaming!

Was in Game yesturday actually, my god it's expensive, there were a couple of games which looked intresting but not willing to pay the rip off prices.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Was in Game yesturday actually, my god it's expensive, there were a couple of games which looked intresting but not willing to pay the rip off prices.

If you buy brand new, go online. I haven't bought anything from Game in years, there's nothing cheap there.

Marty

If you buy brand new, go online. I haven't bought anything from Game in years, there's nothing cheap there.

I haven't brought anything in years from them either. I usually get some games 2nd hand on ebay or from play.

Marty

Just thought i'd update this a little (not that anyone cares),

picked up

Odyssey to the west, which has got some class reviews, only £4 on ebay.
Eternal Sonata, RPG which looks crazy, again has some really good reviews and just fancied something different, only £6 on ebay.
Big Mutha Truckers on the original xbox, brilliant arcade racer type, only 99p in gamestation. Well worth the money.

Sky Blue M

Had that Odyssey to the West game for ages. Still not played it. I really enjoyed Saints Row 2 which can be picked up fairly cheaply. Also Transformers: War for Cybertron was a really good game.

Skyblueloyal

Have you tried Blockbuster video I got Call of Duty Black Ops for £16.99 the other day :p

Sky Blue M

Just had another thought. Have you tried Vanquish? Absolutely brilliant third person cover shooter sort of in the mold of Gears but with a little bit of crazy thrown in.

Ccfcsj

I no longer buy games - I always rent them from Lovefilm. Had Battlefield 3 since launch date - I've completed it but others in the house haven't. I have 3 games at one time (unlimited rentals per month) for under £15 per month.

Any games I hate get sent back and a new one sent to me.

Covstu

i do the same, it come from the time i brought HALO and cleared it in a day so i switched to lovefilm and love it! I get 2 rentals at a time and 4 per month, i rarely go over that and spend about a tenner a month.

It does put the pressure on bashing through games though to get them back in time!!

Marty

I'm with Lovefilm too, I went for the 2 DVD's at a time, unlimited package at £9.99 p/m, decided to not go for the games package, as I tend to try and complete a game before i go onto the next one, and i feel my money would be wasted on that. So I just buy and sell on ebay now. Get roughly what i paid back, so more then happy with that really.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Thinking of real cheap games... buy PREY! it will be like a fiver and it is an amazing game.
Otherwise Fable 3 and Farcry 2 are worth a look.

Last edited:

Marty

Another update,

Finally gotten round to playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the west. Have to say that it's very good. Nice graphics (bright, vibrant environment), controls are easy to learn, feels like it was made for the younger gamer's with invisible barriers stopping you from running off the side, and the very structured game play. The only major let down is the strange camera angles at some points. No multi-player features and the campaign is nice and short at only 8-10 hours. Defiantly worth picking up for £5.

7/10

Anybody know of websites that sell gaming posters. I want to get some for my games room :p

Also could do with some more recommendations for games. :D

Marty

Thanks, I've already got Skyrim, still sealed along with Assassin's Creed:Revelations and Dark Souls. I've pre-ordered SSX & Resident Evil. :p

Sky Blue M

I cant wait for SSX, preordered that on Sunday. Revelations is really good as well if you like the last couple of assassins creed games youll like revelations.

Delmonte

Skyrim will take away your life. I only play that offline and MW3 online now.

I have just got Syndicate though, and if it's anything like it was on the Amiga in 1990s it will be great.

Covstu

Skyrim will take away your life. I only play that offline and MW3 online now.

I have just got Syndicate though, and if it's anything like it was on the Amiga in 1990s it will be great.

94 hours later and i am still playing! However I am stuck by one of many glitches in the game! Looking forward ton syndicate too, I loved the amiga version!

Users who are viewing this thread