Ched Evans (1 Viewer)

Gint11

If this has already been posted I apologise but I noticed a tweet a week ago suggesting we will be signing Ched Evans in the next couple of weeks.

Astute

We have already said that we won't be signing him. They need signings that will sell season tickets and not stop people from buying them.

duffer

Old news, and not a particularly helpful rumour to restart now I'd say. He's not signing.

The Ched Evans twitter account that put this out there the last time was shown to be a fake.

Please let's not kick this one off again!

Gint11

Old news, and not a particularly helpful rumour to restart now I'd say. He's not signing.

The Ched Evans twitter account that put this out there the last time was shown to be a fake.

Please let's not kick this one off again!

The rumour I read wasn't from his account. It was a Transfer Tips account or something. Thought it was odd to see because I know the Club has said no to him before Mowbray came in. Can't see Mowbray going for it as it would annoy us fans, not the other way.

Covstu

Don't think it's been resolved yet. No club is likely to touch him until it is.

Out of curiosity, what would people's opinions be if the conviction was overturned?
if he has been proven innocent then he should be allowed to move however there is no smoke without fire.... I wouldnt want to be the club that makes that bold step....

Otis

Out of curiosity, what would people's opinions be if the conviction was overturned?

Then of course he should be able to resurrect his football career and clubs will want to sign him.

As it stands, he is guilty of rape. He proves his innocence and it becomes a whole new ball game.

Grendel

Then of course he should be able to resurrect his football career and clubs will want to sign him.

As it stands, he is guilty of rape. He proves his innocence and it becomes a whole new ball game.

It doesn't. His treatment of the victim after the event was as bad as the event itself.

A nasty unsavoury individual at the very best.

H

Huckerby

Guys a scumbag still, just might not have "raped" her.

I wouldn't mind him here if it was overturned.

armybike

The bloke's a bellend. Yes he has the right to appeal his conviction/sentence but the way he's gone about it speaks volumes. A sheer lack of class or understanding of public perception of what's happened.

NorthernWisdom

It doesn't. His treatment of the victim after the event was as bad as the event itself.

Yup. The very best you can say about him is he cheated on his gf by driving to a cheap hotel to have sex with a virtually paralytic girl, before then doing his best to publicly run her down.

Not exactly someone to bring home to meet your Mum.

JulianDarbyFTW

You know how some people are saying no signings is affecting Early Bird season ticket sales? Well perhaps the opposite applies and they are waiting to announce Ched after the offer has ended to prevent putting people off..?

#conspiracytheory

Hobo

We had better not sign him.

Otis

Yes, I know that. We are talking professional footballers here though. I think many players get up to unsavoury things when away from their clubs. Young hot heads with money to burn.

We are not talking real life, we are talking world of professional football and that is how I quantify it.

I still wouldn't want him here and I deliberately avoided saying that in my post.

Like it or not, it IS a whole new ball game if he proves his innocence to rape.

Last edited:

Astute

Guys a scumbag still, just might not have "raped" her.

I wouldn't mind him here if it was overturned.

So you call him a scumbag but you would still like him to join us? :thinking about:

Terry Gibson's perm

When Marlon King joined us did a local councillor refuse to attend because of this?

Otis

So you call him a scumbag but you would still like him to join us? :thinking about:

Think there's lots of scumbags in the world of professional football unfortunately.

I think the least Ched Evans should do is to apologise anyway, whether he raped the girl or not. Unless he has already done so of course.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think there's lots of scumbags in the world of professional football unfortunately.

I think the least Ched Evans should do is to apologise anyway, whether he raped the girl or not. Unless he has already done so of course.
He did, but most saw it as a desperate attempt to convince a club to take him on rather than a genuine apology considering it took him about 3 months after his release and after everyone had already turned him down.

Otis

He did, but most saw it as a desperate attempt to convince a club to take him on rather than a genuine apology considering it took him about 3 months after his release and after everyone had already turned him down.

I had a feeling in the back of my mind that he had done, but wasn't sure.

Now you have mentioned it, yep I recall, it didn't come across with much sincerity at all.

I still wouldn't want him here even if he is innocent, but many clubs will want him if he clears his name of rape.

NorthernWisdom

Who was the councillor?
ann.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Ah a person who has caused massive damage to the club since, has she renewed since or does she now follow London Wasps?

chiefdave

Ah a person who has caused massive damage to the club since, has she renewed since or does she now follow London Wasps?

The last time I heard her talking about the club on CWR she referred to her being a supporter in the past tense so I would guess she doesn't go to games anymore.

Grendel

I had a feeling in the back of my mind that he had done, but wasn't sure.

Now you have mentioned it, yep I recall, it didn't come across with much sincerity at all.

I still wouldn't want him here even if he is innocent, but many clubs will want him if he clears his name of rape.

People should pay a little visit to Evans website and then decide if he will ever be accepted again. I believe very few would look at him. It's an abomination of accusation, denial, self pity and delusion.

Terry Gibson's perm

The last time I heard her talking about the club on CWR she referred to her being a supporter in the past tense so I would guess she doesn't go to games anymore.

So we couldn't lose her again if we signed Evans:whistle:

but seriously I don't think I would sign Evans.

SkyblueBazza

Many (including himself) would consider any form of apology an admission of guilt...he claims innocence & a miscarriage of justice.
The media frenzy over an apology would be unbearable for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

armybike

Many (including himself) would consider any form of apology an admission of guilt...he claims innocence & a miscarriage of justice.
The media frenzy over an apology would be unbearable for everyone.

He has offered an apology (of sorts!)

"I do remain limited at present by what I can say due to the ongoing referral to the Criminal Cases Review Commission and whilst I continue to maintain my innocence, I wish to make it clear that I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl has had on many people, not least the woman concerned."

Samo

Just to play devil's advocate though... If he was, after all, innocent, she would cease to be a victim and his treatment of her following the 'event' might seem more understandable?

Users who are viewing this thread