Christmas stockings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Okay, can someone settle a friendly argument.

When do people fill their Christmas stockings for other members of the family?

Any specific time? Day? Whenever?

wingy

Mum always did it last minute from memory, though why i remember, guess I was getting older.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We only do for the three of us usually on Christmas Eve

Otis

So, my missus is adamant that it's Christmas Eve and that everyone does it on Christmas Eve.

Not what we used to do with my own family for sure.

So, just wondering if it is actually a thing. Open presents on Christmas Day, fill stockings on Christmas Eve.

I always thought it was just whenever and there was no hard and fast rule and tradition to it.🤷

Nick

Administrator
So, my missus is adamant that it's Christmas Eve and that everyone does it on Christmas Eve.

Not what we used to do with my own family for sure.

So, just wondering if it is actually a thing. Open presents on Christmas Day, fill stockings on Christmas Eve.

I always thought it was just whenever and there was no hard and fast rule and tradition to it.🤷
Have always had them Christmas morning.

Sky Blue Pete

After midnight mass so that they are waiting for the kids (16, 19 and 24) to open them after singing happy birthday to Jesus on the stairs when we’ve woken up

We tried to stop the tradition last year but the kids were fuming

Otis

Wasn't really the question I was putting forward, but hey ho ....or as it's Christmas, ho ho ho .

I know the stockings go out either Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. My question is when do people fill them.

My missus says you have to fill them on Christmas Eve and not before.

I wanted to fill them now and have them ready to put out on Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning, but she has told me, no and that you have to fill them on Christmas Eve, which just seems like load of bollocks to me. 🤪

Why does it matter when you fill them?

She says it's tradition to only fill them on Christmas Eve.

🤷

Users who are viewing this thread