Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Christopher Hitchens

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7943
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 7943

Guest
I just wondered what people think of him really... His political views, his religious views,, his views in general..

I know he passed away several years ago, but he's one of those people that if I catch a video of him on YouTube, I find myself in an endless cycle of watching content with him in as I find him fascinating to watch, seemed an extraordinarily clever man, an intellectual giant so to speak
 
Not seen too much other than in passing, always seemed a smart guy, sadly seems to have elevated his brother well beyond his station. Peter is dim and a bit nuts quite frankly.
 
Not seen too much other than in passing, always seemed a smart guy, sadly seems to have elevated his brother well beyond his station. Peter is dim and a bit nuts quite frankly.


Yes I think his brother whilst also very clever(if not a bit eccentric) holds many opposing views to Christopher

I know Stephen fry liked Christopher Hitchens alot, I like fry, another clever man
 
I grew up with a strict Catholic view on life and even got to the point where I was studying to become a priest... until I read and listened to Christopher Hitchens. In a very literal way he changed my life and I owe so much to him. I'm an Atheist now and have been for over a decade, and couldn't be happier.

In terms of his political views (along with his views on religion) he always seemed to throw a unique take or analysis into the mix and word it so well, as to be indistinguishable from poetry; leaving little room for disagreement from my part, even if I wasn't 100% percent onboard with what he said all the time... though I was quite often near 100%.

A trump/brexit/corona world wouldn't be better off if he was around today, he's only one man after all - but it would make the whole experience more interesting, thoughtful and more bearable.
 
love listening to him.
Like listening to his brother as well though not as much.
Agree with Christopher on a lot of things but not the Iraq war, more in Peters camp on that. Disagree strongly with his brother on a few things but I think it's silly to 'support' one or the other.
 
Never heard of him.

Hopefully you'll all find my informative reply helpful.
 
love listening to him.
Like listening to his brother as well though not as much.
Agree with Christopher on a lot of things but not the Iraq war, more in Peters camp on that. Disagree strongly with his brother on a few things but I think it's silly to 'support' one or the other.

I was deployed to Iraq and even I disagree with hitchens on the war, many soldiers would Infact
 
His brother is a bellend writing for a paper that deserves him. But Christopher was a different gravy.....I’ve spent many a happy holiday reading his stuff and feeling a more rounded person because of it
 
I regularly watch and read his stuff. Make him 100% correct on religion. The debate between him and his brother on that subject (it’s on YouTube) is a great watch.
 
Has he done much other than religion? Was looking for stuff on YouTube last night from him and it all seemed to be that. Which is fine, but not really a meaty topic for me.
 
Has he done much other than religion? Was looking for stuff on YouTube last night from him and it all seemed to be that. Which is fine, but not really a meaty topic for me.

Loads is stuff. Very well travelled as well. His debate on Iraq with George Galloway gets a bit feisty
 
Cheers. Been looking for proper long form debates on interesting topics. Typing “debate” into YouTube just gets you a million “Ben Shapiro DESTROYS SJW!!!11!” Vids though.
 
I know Stephen fry liked Christopher Hitchens alot, I like fry, another clever man

The debate they had against anne widdecombe about the Catholic church is well worth a watch (esp if you hate anne widdecombe)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom