City issue statement on King chants (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

king-marlon-1.png

The libellous chants which refer to Marlon King's victim being a woman of easy virtue and that for this King, who was jailed for sexual assault, should "Knock Her Out", have been condemned by Coventry City who have called for the Chants to end.

The chants which rather than unite supporters and show off our proud tradition of banter with opposing fans, upset a good number of the 1600 supporters when it was heard loudly at Leeds United (a game that King did not even play in) and gave the local police the excuse to photograph many of those singing these chants which were repeated during the game.
After the same chants were sung by a few in Block 15 against Crystal Palace, Coventry City have acted on complaints and issued the following statement:

"Marlon King has been an excellent professional since joining the club and is showing what he is capable of on the pitch.

"Of course we do not want to hear chanting that reflects badly on the club or indeed the supporters themselves because that is part of football and we understand that.
"But we would urge our fans to stop and think before singing any chants that could cause offence or distress to other fans either home or away.

"We are sure no offence is meant and it is a response to opposition supporters but it would be great if we could draw a line under the matter and get back to supporting the team."
"We do not want to stop the healthy banter that takes place between

Last edited:

skybluedan

yes the cet dont help with there shit articles again making it sound worse than it is, wish they would just get a grip and let the man concentrate on playing football
instead of bringing more fuckin shit into his life,wanky fuckin club and a even fuckin wankier local rag,fuckers:mad:

ccfctommy

Do you not honestly think he cringes when he heres stuff constantly like 'she said yes Marlon'?

You constantly hear, 'let him get on with his football' how the hell is bringing up his worst ever moment allowing him to get on with his football?

Jesus!

smileycov

Facebook User
Yea that is what i read, can't honestly say i have heard much though. She said yes is crap anyhow, much prefer he scores goals. Think it has been last couple of games, haven't been since before brum game to be honest!

Oh well, big game tonight we need this to build momentum for saturday

Nick

Administrator
Nice of the CET to have a front page spread before the game tonight. Nothing like trying to put a player off.

That bellend from Holbrooks who isn't going to take his son to the Leicester game because of it. I doubt he has been to the Ricoh for years anyway.

I don't agree with it, I think it is tasteless but I am pretty sure people hear worse at Football Matches. It is only a few knobs who think they are clever who sing it anyway.

ccfctommy

One of them is the "knock her out marlon, knock her out"

Never heard that before tonight, also 'shes a whole Marlon. She's a whole'. Sorry that aint banter thats just plain wrong. Our fans (block 15 anyway) are going to do more harm than good with this and we will get a bad reputation.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Coventry La La La

When people were singing "Shes a slag Marlon shes a slag" or "Knock her out Marlon, Knock her out" it recieved boos which is good as them kind of songs are just taking it to far and the sooner they stop the better...

Better songs include

"He scores goals Marlon, He scores goals" :whistle:

"We all dream of a team of Marlon King's" :whistle:

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I think it's now clear that keeping Marlon King is a must! I'm all for banter but if he doesn't like the chants we are singing, then why would he want to stay? I think it's time to stop now.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Chants and banter have been going on for years at every club and at every level in the league, for what certain players have done off the field, whether guilty or not. Just a few spring to mind.....................
George Best - drink driving.
Tony Adams - drink driving and a gambling addiction.
Jonathon Woodgate / Lee Bowyer - assault.
Jermaine Pennant - drink driving.
Joey Barton - assault.
John Terry - assault and shagging a team-mates missus.
Steven Gerrard - assault.
If Marlon King ignores this banter (as he should) I'm sure the idiots who persist in singing this crap will soon tire of their childish behaviour and he can get on with his game.

Disorganised1

Personally I expect him to be off at the end of the season now he's showed he can still play whoever gets relegated will be in for him.

davebart

Anyone who think this is mere banter is a Cretin. Anyone with an ounce of moral standing sincerely regretted the man ever being brought to the club. This was a PR disaster waiting to happen and in my book the statement from the club is not strongly worded enough.

And when I say PR I mean money. Sponsors are very likely to NOT want to be asociated with a club that brings this sort of unsavoury publicity. SISU are going to find it very difficult to attract foreign backers to the club.

Next time you wonder why we cannot bring in any players remember those chants and weep.

Nick

Administrator
It is hardly unsavoury publicity! It was in the news for a couple of days when he signed but since then there has been nothing apart from that stupid MP who made a meal out of giving up her ticket and the report about the disgusting chants.

What about Ashley Cole shooting somebody? What about Andy Caroll shagging and fighting everybody he sees? This gets a lot more coverage.

Yes, the chants are not nice but I think you might be over reacting a bit there.

Users who are viewing this thread