City Team News 5/11/2010 (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Coventry City will have Freddy Eastwood available for selection for tomorrow's home game against Leeds United.

The striker has been out with a knee injury and has not played since the defeat at Millwall in August. However, he is back training and came through ninety minutes of a 3-0 defeat for City Reserves at Nottingham Forest on Tuesday.

Chris Hussey who was injured in the League Cup defeat at Morecambe, suffering a broken metatarsal, is also available after coming through the same match.

James McPake is also available but winger David Bell has just returned to training after a groin problem and tomorrow's game will come too soon for him.

Westwood - Irish Keeper Of The Month Month

Coventry City keeper Keiren Westwood has been voted the Greenscene Keeper Of The Month.

Westwood took the nomination for October for having three clean sheets in five matches.

Doyle Ready To Take Sky Blue Opportunity

Michael Doyle is expected be on the bench for Coventry City tomorrow against Leeds United.

The midfielder helped Leeds gain promotion to the Championship last season but having returned to Coventry, he has been unable to gain a regular place in the Sky Blues side side.

Speaking to the CT, Doyle said: "It is frustrating but there is nothing you can do because the lads are performing and winning games.
"I want to play but football is a squad game now and while I am not getting the time on the pitch all I can do is keep pushing the lads hard in training.
"I still feel part of the plans. "I am on the bench every week and I am just waiting for a chance, but fair play to the lads they are doing brilliant so I can't really complain about that.

smileycov

Facebook User
good news regards mcpake, if turner picks up 1 more booking thats a 1 game ban!! good timing

Users who are viewing this thread