city till i die (1 Viewer)

CCFCWALL

shoot me down if you want but if we are at the ricoh with sisu as owners i will buy a season ticket, coventry city are my team, a team i have supported all my life and i'm not going to let anybody change that fact this is a time we need to stick together and support the players, whoever the owners are. Disagree if you want or have a rant at me but i love my team and don't know what i'd do without going to watch them. PUSB

oakey

As things stand I will not be renewing my 20 year season ticket, even if we play at the Ricoh.
I will probably attend home games, but not give them my money up front.

wayne67

never turn your back on the team you support ,look at southampton / leicester/brighton .
keep the faith in the mighty sky blues

simple_simon

Well I am not going to any home games if not in Coventry, call me what you want but hope you oe of very few as is the only way we will get this lot out.

Samo

shoot me down if you want but if we are at the ricoh with sisu as owners i will buy a season ticket, coventry city are my team, a team i have supported all my life and i'm not going to let anybody change that fact this is a time we need to stick together and support the players, whoever the owners are. Disagree if you want or have a rant at me but i love my team and don't know what i'd do without going to watch them. PUSB

Whatever position you take on the politics of it all, you have to admire this. :claping hands:

italiahorse

I think most fans would agree with that. Some will hold out for a few weeks but will return if we start to perform.
If its out of Coventry then its a big ask. I won't go outside Coventry.
I would say however that your social life is pretty dire if you are prepared to travel to Walsall? with the knowledge you are returning to a League 1 stadium outside Coventry.
I can get over SISU owning us but not their plan/bluff.

Nobody should shoot you down! I certainly won't. This whole debacle has driven a wedge between fans and shouldn't have, at the end of the day we all want a successful football club. There are no right or wrong answers to the resolution of the current situation, there are however differing opinions on how we go about it.

Each and every fan regardless of their stance wants the best for THE CLUB and have a right to express such differing opinions. All the name calling and abuse is a pointless exercise and takes people's eye off the ball by launching into tit for tat point scoring arguments amongst each other. PUSB!

italiahorse

It's difficult as we all want to just watch our team play football.

However most people want to stay playing in Coventry and at the Ricoh. If you want this then you need to decide whether attending home games outside Coventry will make SISU think they have a viable plan. There is no doubt that if nobody goes then SISU will have to play at the Ricoh.

The downside of this is our players are not supported but you can show your support for them by going to the away matches. We have waited a few months so another few weeks will not hurt.

We the fans have the power to decide where we play and we can do this fairly quickly. Just imagine our first home game at Walsall with no home fans. SISU would be talking to the Ricoh the next working day.

Be strong for a few weeks, avoid the free coach travel , go to the away games and await the Ricoh deal.

Mucca Mad Boys

If CCFC stay at the RICOH, there's no logical or reasonable explanation to boycott.

Last edited:

skybluericoh

Fair play to you. There are different ways of handling what is going on. I have just had my belly full of Tim F/ SISU/ listening to fans winching at the games/ the way money is ruining football in general. Probably in that order, so I'm in the 'not one penny more' camp until new owners or a wholesale change by SISU that make me feel valued. My intention is to go to all away games, but no doubt the clowns running the club will try and make that as hard as possible. What I can say without doubt is I will not go to a Coventry City 'home' game outside of the city limits, so if Timmy's new ground in the area, and not in Coventry, it will probably end once and for all my football watching days.:(

I hope we don't play at the Ricoh tbh, Walsall or Hinckley utd for me until we build a new ground that will be OURS!! SISU OUT:jerkit:

Delboycov

I hope we don't play at the Ricoh tbh, Walsall or Hinckley utd for me until we build a new ground that will be OURS!! SISU OUT:jerkit:

It won't be ours though...and it's doubtful in 4 or 5 years time we'll have a club at all to be playing at a new ground outside our city....years of playing at Walsall will kill the club off. Careful what you wish for MILF ;-) As much as I despise SISU I'd take them being here if it was the only way we could continue to play in Coventry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread