Coffee suggestions (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

I’ve tried a myriad coffees, from posh, to chicory shite from Lidl, and the only coffee I drink now, is Nescafé Gold Intense.

There’s a small chain of coffee houses here in Carmarthenshire; Coalhouse Coffee. Thought I’d try it, as all of the middle class people here often flock there in droves. I went twice: first an Americano, and then a Cappuccino, yet both tasted like burnt watery milk, so knackers to that.

Sick Boy

I’ve tried a myriad coffees, from posh, to chicory shite from Lidl, and the only coffee I drink now, is Nescafé Gold Intense.

There’s a small chain of coffee houses here in Carmarthenshire; Coalhouse Coffee. Thought I’d try it, as all of the middle class people here often flock there in droves. I went twice: first an Americano, and then a Cappuccino, yet both tasted like burnt watery milk, so knackers to that.
Americano coffee is generally rank.

djr8369

self confessed coffee lover, love to take suggestions for new beans, any suggestions welcome.

2024 beans:
Darkwoods coffee - Under Milk Wood
Bay Coffee Roasters - Sumatran
Bay Coffee Roasters - Papua New Guinea

Top of 2023:
Climpson and son - the estate
I recommend Dark Arts coffee, based somewhere in NE London. Also Quarter Horse in Birmingham are very good.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I just didn't enjoy coffee from the moka pot, always tastes burnt to me even despite best endeavours to not burn it

Preheat the water as it helps to avoid cooking the coffee.....

Love my moka pots... although it's a constant battle to keep my wife from killing them in the dishwasher or scrubbing them to death....

JAM See

Two words.

Blind Taste Test.

napolimp

Preheat the water as it helps to avoid cooking the coffee.....

Love my moka pots... although it's a constant battle to keep my wife from killing them in the dishwasher or scrubbing them to death....

Nightmare. Moka pots are one of those things that should be cleaned as little as possible.

PVA

I'm just about to cook a steak with a coffee rub, will report back if it's any good!

RedSalmon

I used to order beans from a company called HasBean, they sourced them from all around the world and they were always pretty good. Then last year suddenly I could not get a decent extraction out of any of the beans I bought from them. Checked my machine, everything I could think of but nothing resolved it. Then somebody put me onto "The Coventry Coffee Company" and have been using their beans ever since. Really impressed with the taste and extraction and they deliver to the door.

napolimp

I used to order beans from a company called HasBean, they sourced them from all around the world and they were always pretty good. Then last year suddenly I could not get a decent extraction out of any of the beans I bought from them. Checked my machine, everything I could think of but nothing resolved it. Then somebody put me onto "The Coventry Coffee Company" and have been using their beans ever since. Really impressed with the taste and extraction and they deliver to the door.

Wouldn't be very trusting of beans at £17 a kilo, but willing to give anything a go before completely dismissing.

xcraigx

Own brand tesco instant, if that's out of stock then own brand Asda. With the amount I drink I cant afford decent and with half a dozen sugars pretty much all coffee tastes like sugar to me!

RedSalmon

Wouldn't be very trusting of beans at £17 a kilo, but willing to give anything a go before completely dismissing.
Not sure what you mean but have been very impressed with the quality so far, as opposed to more expensive exotic beans that proved to be unreliable.

napolimp

Not sure what you mean but have been very impressed with the quality so far, as opposed to more expensive exotic beans that proved to be unreliable.

Just with most things in life, usually quality comes with a price tag. Going to give them a go though as never heard of this roaster, and good to support a local business as well.

Users who are viewing this thread