Colchester (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I said the last game was a must win for any chance, this one pretty much is do or die.

I reckon 2-1 loss :(

rupert_bear

Got to be bold and go for it. Sounds like we have injuries to Fortune, Henderson and Rose makes things interesting team wise. Can't possibly go with Vincelot at the back again terrible decision last match and the impressive Jody Jones has to start. I hope Mowbray puts out an attack minded team and get at them with pace on the flanks but I doubt he will somehow.

Otis

I said the last game was a must win for any chance, this one pretty much is do or die.

I reckon 2-1 loss :(
We may well lose. We have just one home win in the last six matches and have have lost four of them.

Colchester will be desperate too, trying to emulate their great escape from last year.

I don't think we will lose though. I reckon it will be a draw.

Bradford play at Crewe today and if they win that they will be eight points clear of us.

Think that will be a massive dent to our confidence and may well have an effect on our play, making us more desperate.

1-1 and another disappointing night.

Otis

Got to be bold and go for it. Sounds like we have injuries to Fortune, Henderson and Rose makes things interesting team wise. Can't possibly go with Vincelot at the back again terrible decision last match and the impressive Jody Jones has to start. I hope Mowbray puts out an attack minded team and get at them with pace on the flanks but I doubt he will somehow.
Aren't I right in saying that Jack Stephens was only missing for Friday's game and should be back?

Is that correct?

johnwillomagic

Hope so Otis but thought Stevens was out for this one - with injuries and unavailability I think some players
will get a chance who hopefully will be eager to impress I'm going for 1-0 win Tudguy with the goal to make
it 5 in 7 starts....still he's not very prolific.....:thinking about::thinking about:

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't we have Stephens and Madison back, will Cole be able to play again on Tuesday?

Otis

johnwillomagic

Great news makes defensive situation much easier - guessing that TM will go the following way then.

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Ricketts LB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Vincelot DCM
Fleck DCM
Murphy ACM
Jones ACM
Cole ACM
Tudguy ST

Subs: Addai, Phillips, Hunt, Rose, Bigi, G.Thomas, Sambou,

Macca

If we lose no problem we will still only need to win x games to get into the play offs, even a chance of autos

Londonccfcfan

Great news makes defensive situation much easier - guessing that TM will go the following way then.

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Ricketts LB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Vincelot DCM
Fleck DCM
Murphy ACM
Jones ACM
Cole ACM
Tudguy ST

pretty much agree with this team,possibly start with Thomas/Sambou with Tudgay in place of Cole. Need two strikers. Must win game, see us winning 4-1

Nick

Administrator

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Ricketts LB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Vincelot DCM
Fleck DCM
Murphy ACM
Jones ACM
Cole ACM
Tudguy ST

Lamieres worth the bench at least surely?

I like what Rose has offered when he has played.

Otis

If we lose no problem we will still only need to win x games to get into the play offs, even a chance of autos
Yep. March to the arch is still on, even if we go 15 points behind 6th place, as long as there are 16 points to play for.

Easy least. We just need to keep winning while everyone else keeps on losing.

Piece of cake and eminently doable! ;)

Otis

pretty much agree with this team,possibly start with Thomas/Sambou with Tudgay in place of Cole. Need two strikers. Must win game, see us winning 4-1
Yep. We've scored just 4 goals in 7 games, so 4 goals in one game sounds just about spot on!

CJ_covblaze

Can't make this one as it's the same night as the Holland game. They are very poor. A win is the only acceptable outcome.

CJ_covblaze

Yeah, but what about for us? ;)

Was hoping someone would point that out. With regard to the Dutch I wasn't that surprised they didn't qualify. Are they really that good?

Otis

Was hoping someone would point that out. With regard to the Dutch I wasn't that surprised they didn't qualify. Are they really that good?
As so often with the Dutch, it seems to be a mismosh of 11 very good individuals who don't make team.

All too often there is infighting too and ego explosions.

Team spirit and unity is just as important at international level as it is at club.

CJ_covblaze

As so often with the Dutch, it seems to be a mismosh of 11 very good individuals who don't make team.

All too often there is infighting too and ego explosions.

Team spirit and unity is just as important at international level as it is at club.

Some are past it, old and coming to the end of their careers too. Anyway back on topic to CCFC. Oh actually...

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

Yep Lameiras defo on bench sorry Ruben probably drop Sambou or Bigi our of the bench.
Rose has done ok I think when he has played but if I did put him in would probably be at expense
of Cole and for me Cole is worth the risk on this game for his attacking ability.

Otis

Juan Saha!! On loan from Dundee if I recall. Scored a 88/89th minute equaliser at forest and revealed a shirt to say "Jesus loves you"
Yep, I hated him after that.

He said 'Jesus loves you' and yet I still had a very bad year.

steve82

Yep, I hated him after that.

He said 'Jesus loves you' and yet I still had a very bad year.

That's the fella ended up 3 rows in front of where I was originally standing after that goal!

A game we were awful in, forest dominated and should of scored a hat full but failed to do enough and we sneaked the draw. Des walkers last game to possibly, went off injured within first few mins

Otis

You're a Juan Que

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Bit of a deflection I know, but I remember when my daughter was about 10-11 months old. She used to count the cars that came past her bedroom window. 'One car' if she saw one go past by itself, 'two cars' if two went past and 'three cars' if three went past etc.

Trouble was, she couldn't say 'one' properly and it always came out as 'wan!'

Anyway, had a load of relatives round one evening and she was upstairs and I couldn't stop her gleefully shouting out very loudly, 'wan car, wan car!'

Users who are viewing this thread