Commonwealth Games? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Does anyone care?
Is it on TV in the UK?

chiefdave

BBC have it on but its in Australia so the middle of the night here.

They should have T20 cricket in it.

Gazolba

I tried clicking on all the BBCs 'watch it live now' links and all say 'available in the UK only'.
Don't they realize the internet is a worldwide phenomena?
And yet I can just go to YouTube and watch the athletics, table-tennis, hockey and netball.

Nick

Administrator
I tried clicking on all the BBCs 'watch it live now' links and all say 'available in the UK only'.
Don't they realize the internet is a worldwide phenomena?
And yet I can just go to YouTube and watch the athletics, table-tennis, hockey and netball.

Isn't it because the BBC is the UK?

SBAndy

Isn't it because the BBC is the UK?

And in order to watch BBC you need to have a TV licence. Being abroad you wouldn't have one and so do not have the necessary privileges to watch it.

Cue a huge discussion about how the TV licence is a waste of money.....

CJ_covblaze

Proud takes Pride with Gold
Peaty meanwhile snaffles a Silver!! :p

That was ridiculous. Half a second over 50 meters.

Gazolba

And in order to watch BBC you need to have a TV licence. Being abroad you wouldn't have one and so do not have the necessary privileges to watch it.

Cue a huge discussion about how the TV licence is a waste of money.....
That's not true I can watch lots of stuff on the BBC, just certain things I can't.
And it's due to my location, nothing to do with a licence.
If I lived in the UK and had a licence but went abroad on a trip, I couldn't watch certain things because of my location.
Can you watch the BBC on a computer in the UK if you don't have a TV and don't have a TV licence? I would think you could.

CJ_covblaze

That's not true I can watch lots of stuff on the BBC, just certain things I can't.
And it's due to my location, nothing to do with a licence.
If I lived in the UK and had a licence but went abroad on a trip, I couldn't watch certain things because of my location.
Can you watch the BBC on a computer in the UK if you don't have a TV and don't have a TV licence? I would think you could.

No, not legally. If you watch iPlayer and don’t watch the BBC live you still need a licence.

Users who are viewing this thread