Contracted players. Is it that bad ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Lot of doom and gloom talk recently about short contract players and how many could be on their bikes come June leaving our squad in a bit of a state, but is it that bad ? As I see it we have RCC, Stokes, Martin, Willis, Lorenzen, Haynes ? Not sure about Phillips. and then there's Reda Johnson. Midfield there's Rose, Lamieras, Vincelot, Bulgarian, Forwards Jones. We obviously need strikers, atleast two if we lose Bassala Sambou
Got lucky this season with AA can't see that happening again. Add to them one or two kids, some astute signings and loans to me we look potentially better equipt than we did last August. I do worry about the manager though, so disappointed with how he has handled this unbelievable slump we have had, still have.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

Stokes is subject to an additional year
Lorenzen will leave
Reda should leave unless on a pay as you play deal which I doubt he will accept.
Joens is not a forward

Team for next season:

RCC
Phillips
Martin
New CB
Stokes (I think he will sign)
Lamieras
Vincelot
Rose
Jones
New ST
New ST

Lots of work to be done in the summer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Stokes is subject to an additional year
Lorenzen will leave
Reda should leave unless on a pay as you play deal which I doubt he will accept.
Joens is not a forward

Team for next season:

RCC
Phillips
Martin
New CB
Stokes (I think he will sign)
Lamieras
Vincelot
Rose
Jones
New ST
New ST

Lots of work to be done in the summer.

Yes, although add George Thomas & Willis, plus the Bulgarian should/may be a cornerstone of the team (assuing he isn't suspended all of the time!)

rupert_bear

The gist of this thread is we do have quiet a number with atleast one more year to go on their contract, obviously we need more players and hopefully on contract not loans but we do have a base to work on

stupot07

Our contracted players are

GK
RCC - june 18
Burge - June 17

Defenders
Willis - June 18
Stokes - if he takes up additional gear
Haynes - June 17

Midfield
Rose - June 17
Vlad - June 17
Lamieres - June 17
Vincelot - June 17
Jones - if he signs.

Forward
G Thomas - June 17

Also Harries, Kelly-Evans, Stevenson, Sayoud, but I'll omit them as they haven't really been anywhere near the first team.

Every other player is either going back from their loan or their contract is expiring.

That's a pretty threadbare squad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oucho

I reckon he will re-sign at least one of Ricketts, Lorentzon or Phillips, for squad continuity reasons - the last few games will be a bit of a shoot-out to see who it'll be, hence AP playing at Gills.

Same applies in attack - he'll probably keep one of Tudgay or Fortune (or, less likely, Henderson).

Other than that, he'll aim to re-sign Stokes, Martin, Jones, and Reda on a PAYP deal....then bring on some kids. We still desperately need some experience.

JimmyHillsbeard

I reckon he will re-sign at least one of Ricketts, Lorentzon or Phillips, for squad continuity reasons - the last few games will be a bit of a shoot-out to see who it'll be, hence AP playing at Gills.

Same applies in attack - he'll probably keep one of Tudgay or Fortune (or, less likely, Henderson).

Other than that, he'll aim to re-sign Stokes, Martin, Jones, and Reda on a PAYP deal....then bring on some kids. We still desperately need some experience.

clearly doesn't fancy Lorentzson. I'd be amazed if he was offered a new deal

steve82

It's not bad at all...... Do we really want half the out of contract players anyway!
Flecks likely off as to is Tudgay likely if a promise of games comes from someone.
Stokes and Martin yes sign them.
reda maybe a pay as you play deal tho a replacement reda type still needed as a contingency.
Phillips or Lorenztson, one of I'd take.
Ricketts, Henderson, Ramage, MAF, Hunt. Do we really want them? Are we worried that these are out of contract?
How many times have we had a new manager with players he don't want eg the bomb squad.
This is a good chance to build a squad for the next 3-4 seasons.

dongonzalos

...................RCC..................
Phillips....Martin..Reda.......Stokes
New Sign.Vince..Bulgarian. Jones
..............New signings X 2..........

Burge
Loz
Ricketts
Lam
Haynes
Rose
New CB
2 new wingers
2 other new strikers
1 creative midfielder

8 new signings plus the kids

To be fair that's quite standard in this division
Not sure about Loz so maybe a new RB as well.

dongonzalos

Burge
Willis
Ricketts
Lam
Haynes
Rose
New CB
2 new wingers
2 other new strikers
1 creative midfielder

oucho

Burge
Loz
Ricketts
Lam
Haynes
Rose
New CB
2 new wingers
2 other new strikers
1 creative midfielder

Not sure about Loz so maybe a new RB as well.

I agree 100% but pigs may fly - the new signings will mostly be loanees no doubt. TM has said he expects to have maximum loans again nest year.

oucho

clearly doesn't fancy Lorentzson. I'd be amazed if he was offered a new deal

I'm not so sure...he's given him a good few chances. I wouldn't drop dead of surprise if he gets a new deal.

Nick

Administrator
I agree 100% but pigs may fly - the new signings will mostly be loanees no doubt. TM has said he expects to have maximum loans again nest year.

So we are only going to get loanees over the pre season?

skybluegod

I don't have a problem with most of the players leaving and lots of changes. It's just the fact we need 3/4 new strikers.... It's hard finding one good striker let alone 2 or 3? Plus a goal scoring winger?
The other positions can be filled fairly easily, we aren't losing any irreplaceable except fleck really... And maybe reda but he doesn't play

Gazolba

According to CT, nineteen first-team players will be out of contract. What we are left with wont be good enough to avoid relegation. It will be business as usual, more loanees, over-the-hill recruits, and inexperienced youngsters plus we will probably persist with RCC in goal. Lets just hope Mowbray has learned a few lessons from this season and does not make any of the same mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread