Copthorne Park (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just been walking the dog there as I do most days. Any chance at all you think that City would be allowed to build a stadium there? It's plenty big enough. Opposite the Shepard pub.

The one part with the pathway through that leads to Brownsville Green Road is owned by the council, but the large park behind the trees I am lead to believe is privately owned by Bablake.

Copthorne School used to be there, so obviously been built on before. Coundon Park is also just across the road from it, so no-one can say there are no green spaces or places to walk the dog. It's well big enough to encompass a stadium and still have some park space.

Last edited:

Otis

Bleeding predictive text!!!!!

There is someone I have to contact all the time at my daughter's agency. Her name is Chloe. I constantly send text messages to someone called Chlorine!!

1966skyblue

It is owned by Barr’s Hill School, now part of the Futures Trust, a multi Academy trust run by President Kennedy. They are more likely to build a new school there.

Otis

Would need shed loads for roads.

Somebody needs to Google maps it for size ;)
Easily get two stadiums in there. Would just need an access road off Keresley Road and another off Waste Lane and then there is already access off Brownshill Green Road.

Otis

It is owned by Barr’s Hill School, now part of the Futures Trust, a multi Academy trust run by President Kennedy. They are more likely to build a new school there.
Right, knew about the Future Trust. The other day though someone said it was owned by Bablake.

A school could also be built there. There's a secondary park within the park, more than big enough.

Captain Dart

Only area that make sense other than the Ricoh is one close to the town centre just of the ring road, but that would require a very rich backer willing to spend a lot of money because multiple existing businesses and/or residents would have to be bought out and relocated.

Otis

Only area that make sense other than the Ricoh is one close to the town centre just of the ring road, but that would require a very rich backer willing to spend a lot of money because multiple existing businesses and/or residents would have to be bought out and relocated.
Where you thinking?

Captain Dart

Where you thinking?
Not really thinking about anything realistic, there are a few sites adjacent to ring road but they're not big enough on their own.
There is the old CEGB site next to the fire station and a cleared site / car park next to Central 6.
Most everything else is being developed for student accommodation (like the old Cov&Warwick hospital).

Last edited:

Otis

Not really thinking about anything realistic, but there are a few sites adjacent to ring road but they're not big enough on their own.
There is the old CEGB site next to the fire station and a cleared site / car park next to Central 6.
Most everything else is being developed for student accommodation (like the old Cov&Warwick hospital).
Thought next to Central Six was going to be part of the Friargate development. Would be great there, though traffic is already horrendous. Would need some very good road planning strategy.

Captain Dart

Thought next to Central Six was going to be part of the Friargate development. Would be great there, though traffic is already horrendous. Would need some very good road planning strategy.
They are having trouble persuading developers to commit money to Friargate.

NorthernWisdom

I know it's pointless looking back, but it's a shame there wasn't the political (both authority, and club) will to put the stadium in the centre when the Ricoh was first mooted. Didn't really fit the remit at the time however.

Especially as shops move out of city centres, having them leisure-centred seems eminently sensible. With us having a water park, a restaurant quarter and yes, some shop, having the stadiun close by would have been ideal.

Nick

Administrator
I know it's pointless looking back, but it's a shame there wasn't the political (both authority, and club) will to put the stadium in the centre when the Ricoh was first mooted. Didn't really fit the remit at the time however.

Especially as shops move out of city centres, having them leisure-centred seems eminently sensible. With us having a water park, a restaurant quarter and yes, some shop, having the stadiun close by would have been ideal.

Put the water park in the stadium ;) Sky blue water slide from the top of the stand.

Terry Gibson's perm

You keep the ideas quiet Otis my parents house is very near to there I don’t want my inheritance damaging by a football stadium.

dongonzalos

Easily get two stadiums in there. Would just need an access road off Keresley Road and another off Waste Lane and then there is already access off Brownshill Green Road.

Can you imagine the residents’ protestsalso mire importantly can you imagine us actually building a stadium?

Otis

Can you imagine the residents’ protestsalso mire importantly can you imagine us actually building a stadium?
You ever been, Don?

One side backs on to Waste Lane. There's the road then Coundon Park, so no houses there. One side backs on to the Grange, which has just been closed down. A third side backs on to tall trees. There are pretty much only residents to one side and then it's only about 8 houses.

It's a very enclosed space.

dongonzalos

You ever been, Don?

One side backs on to Waste Lane. There's the road then Coundon Park, so no houses there. One side backs on to the Grange, which has just been closed down. A third side backs on to tall trees. There are pretty much only residents to one side and then it's only about 8 houses.

It's a very enclosed space.

Yes mate know the area well

Gazolba

Just been walking the dog there as I do most days. Any chance at all you think that City would be allowed to build a stadium there? It's plenty big enough. <snip>
They could build a stadium there but it would still have dogs running around.

Otis

They could build a stadium there but it would still have dogs running around.
Room for both.

Thing is, right opposite is the massive Coundon Park. People can hardly say they are losing a green space and be left with nothing. Walk 10 yards from Copthorne Park and you are in Coundon Park.

Gazolba

Didn't there used be a stadium called 'Coundon Park'?

Irish Sky Blue

Played for my school team against Copthorne School on that site. It would need owners who genuinely have the interests of the football club at heart. No chance of that at the moment.

Adge

Any site in Cov will not get planning permission due to what's gone on in the past between Sisu and the council.

Users who are viewing this thread