Could a purchaser buy CCFC Ltd & leave CCFC Holdings high & dry? (1 Viewer)

Samo

In the close season...
If, as is currently thought, the golden share is with LTD and the player Reg's are with Holdings, could someone buy LTD, employ thier own staff and players, strike a deal with ACL and move on without Holdings?
Just a thought.

coop

thats how i see it sisu have put us in admin to get rid of the lease on the ricoh for £400thousand we could of made the playoffs and made in excess of 10 million imo

Danceswithhorses

The players and the golden share (GS) should be in the same company.
As the FL has said the GS is in ccfc ltd, so should the players contracts

Otis

What's the betting that the 2 entities are indeed most definitely inextricably linked and as such it won't matter where the golden share or registrations are.

luwalla

if the golden share is with LTD i guess yes.. but we still dont know where the share lies .. and im sure SISU would make it very very hard..

and to go out and buy enough brand new palyers for a whole squad, would be bloomin expensive.. and training facilities etc.. and im guessing that initital golden share wouldnt be cheap either..

all in all cant see it being viable

but more importantly the football league still haven't actually said anything about the golden share.. have they ?

coop

it must be we wouldnt lose 10 points for owing money to acl as they never applied for admin someone please wake me up when it becomes clear for frick sake

J

Jack Griffin

The players and the golden share (GS) should be in the same company.
As the FL has said the GS is in ccfc ltd, so should the players contracts

I had a look through the FL rules last night & could find nothing specificaly saying that players contracts have to be held by company owning the golden share, there was mention of the standard registration form, there may be something on that. I think it must be a grey area otherwise SISU wouldn't be trying it on.

Danceswithhorses

and im guessing that initital golden share wouldnt be cheap either..
IIRC, The golden share has no monetary value and cannot be bought and sold

but more importantly the football league still haven't actually said anything about the golden share.. have they ?
Yes, the FL and FA both have stated to ACL's lawyers that their golden shares are with ccfc ltd

Last edited:

Danceswithhorses

I had a look through the FL rules last night & could find nothing specificaly saying that players contracts have to be held by company owning the golden share, there was mention of the standard registration form, there may be something on that. I think it must be a grey area otherwise SISU wouldn't be trying it on.
Really ?? Wow.
Did i read someone on SBT mention about the dangers of 3rd party ownership ?

Last edited:

luwalla

The golden share has no monetary value and cannot be bought and sold

Yes, the FL and FA both have stated to ACL's lawyers that their golden shares are with ccfc ltd

that might be what the rules say.. but when you sell a club " an intrinsic part of the value of the club is that golden share.. you might not be able to sell JUST the golden share.. but if you are selling a company that has pretty much no other assets, then i think its fair to say, the purchaser is buying that share ( albeit wrapped up in a shell company )

so the FA & FL have confirmed this !? do you have a link please, if thats the case then it does put a whole new slant to the story this afternoon, i honestly never saw this confirmed yet

Last edited:

Danceswithhorses

that might be what the rules say.. but when you sell a club " an intrinsic part of the value of the club is that golden share.. you might not be able to sell JUST the golden share.. but if you are selling a company that has pretty muich no other assets, then i think its fair to say, the purchaser is buying that share ( albeit wrapped up in a shell company )

so the FA 7 FL have confirmed this !? do you have a link please, if thats the case then it does put a whole new slant to the story this afternoon, i honestly never saw this confirmed yet

It was mentioned during the CET podcast from court on tuesday...ACL's lawyers said they were grateful that the FA and FL had got back to them so quickly confirming that the GS was with ccfc ltd

Danceswithhorses

I think you will find that the players' registrations are with CCFC Ltd. The contracts may be elsewhere.

Fair enough my friend...thanks for the additional info and correcting my error...it's like a bleedin' jigsaw puzzle trying to get to the facts with ccfc - shouldnt be this difficult

luwalla

It was mentioned during the CET podcast from court on tuesday...ACL's lawyers said they were grateful that the FA and FL had got back to them so quickly confirming that the GS was with ccfc ltd

thats not it being confirmed by the FL & FA then.. thats ACL saying it was confirmed to them. and if that's true, and the FA & FL were confident enough to confirm it to ACL, then why didnt they just deduct the 10 points on tuesday..

Samo

I think you will find that the players' registrations are with CCFC Ltd. The contracts may be elsewhere.

Even better! The new owner has the reg's and draws up new contracts, taking the opportunity to loose some chaff!

Danceswithhorses

thats not it being confirmed by the FL & FA then.. thats ACL saying it was confirmed to them. and if that's true, and the FA & FL were confident enough to confirm it to ACL, then why didnt they just deduct the 10 points on tuesday..
ACL's lawyer said they had assurances in writing at court on tuesday...is that not good enough ?

luwalla

ACL's lawyer said they had assurances in writing at court on tuesday...is that not good enough ?

to be fair.. no one else seems to know for sure where this golden share lies, we all seem to be confused by it, with no clarification..

there are a lot of press & news articles & statements from both sides & the FL & the administrators all out there in black & white.. none of which actually confirm where this golden share lies ( unless im mistaken ).. but when i asked you for a source of your confirmation, you referred to a podcast on tuesday.. im not saying you are wrong, but surely you can understand why pretty much no one is sure where the land lies right now..

wingy

to be fair.. no one else seems to know for sure where this golden share lies, we all seem to be confused by it, with no clarification..

there are a lot of press & news articles & statements from both sides & the FL & the administrators all out there in black & white.. none of which actually confirm where this golden share lies ( unless im mistaken ).. but when i asked you for a source of your confirmation, you referred to a podcast on tuesday.. im not saying you are wrong, but surely you can understand why pretty much no one is sure where the land lies right now..

I'd say most peoples opinion are formed on this matter Luwalla,the only confusion arises from SISU's effusion and muddying tactics,which was started at minimum 2yrs ago with the first changes to the company structure.:mad:

luwalla

I'd say most peoples opinion are formed on this matter Luwalla,the only confusion arises from SISU's effusion and muddying tactics,which was started at minimum 2yrs ago with the first changes to the company structure.:mad:

i agree they have been planning this for a long time.. but thats exactly my point here!! bearing in mind that we think they have been planning this, id presume they moved that golden share to the new, and currently not in administration, holding company

So when he said that the FL confirmed that the golden share was in fact still with the LTD company that is in administration.. that got my attention

us all having an opinion is one thing.. where it ACTUALLY lies is something we dont know yet .. and it will surely make a big difference to our situation once it is confirmed

Diehard Si

I was wondering about this last week.

I don't think it's viable though. Maybe in the close season. If we did it now we'd have no players and no way to sign any.

grego_gee

In the close season...
If, as is currently thought, the golden share is with LTD and the player Reg's are with Holdings, could someone buy LTD, employ thier own staff and players, strike a deal with ACL and move on without Holdings?
Just a thought.

No!

:pimp:

psgm1

Banned
In the close season...
Just a thought.

Suppose so, if SiSUFC hold the players contract and ACL FC hold the share, then its ultimately ACLFC who hold all the cards.

Could also mean that all the players would have to sign new contracts, and thus would have to renegotiate deals

See ya BELL!

cloughie

! of 2 things have happened for 10 point deduction

either the Golden share is with CCFC Ltd or it is ownedby Te holdings co and the league have judge them both to be 1 and same company as such as far as football goes

Users who are viewing this thread