could sisu...... (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Get off scott free.

I mean, is it possible that they could avoid the points deduction and clear the dept owed with no comeback if its made known the fl fooked up.

hutch1972

Get off scott free.

I mean, is it possible that they could avoid the points deduction and clear the dept owed with no comeback if its made known the fl fooked up.

At this moment we are all scratching our heads. Is the FL struggling to find a legal way of deducting us 10 pts or are they mulling over 30 pts ,maybe relegation.
One things for sure. this hasn't been as straight forward as many thought it might be.

gouldberg

I don't think for one second the FL have messed up here. If they have then yes I think it could be possible we avoid a points penalty but I think it's a safe bet that isn't the case.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say this delay may be due to the FL looking at additional information regarding the club that could lead to further sanctions. It's only a guess, I may be completely wrong, but I have a feeling this whole situation could revolve around how long the Golden share and player registrations have been in different companies and if that could be interpreted as possible third party ownership. We all know OSB is the go-to guy on here for information like this and I'm more than likely barking up completely the wrong tree. I just have to say it's looking rather bleak and knowing the luck our club has it is more likely things will go wrong for us. We don't catch a break very often now do we.

(All just my opinions and thoughts, nothing concrete in here).

hotrod

Could it be possible that owing to the lateness of the Season the FL are weighing up the effect of penalties inflicted on us will have on the other Teams in the Division.Points deducted at this late stage could be Disadvantageous to some and Advantageous to others, bearing in mind that our Players could give up with only six games to go.

Regards.

italiahorse

Could it be possible that owing to the lateness of the Season the FL are weighing up the effect of penalties inflicted on us will have on the other Teams in the Division.Points deducted at this late stage could be Disadvantageous to some and Advantageous to others, bearing in mind that our Players could give up with only six games to go.

Regards.

The rules say the 4th Thursday in the month decides.

Therefore it should definitely be 10 points this season IF the company running the team IS in administration.

Delay is either to decide whether the team is affected by the administration or something fishy has happened and extra point deductions apply.

My waters tell me 10 points this season and 25 points next season for a fiddle.

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

I reckon any deduction will be next season now.

hutch1972

Lets hope its 10 points max then

10 pts would only be a punishment if we made the po. 20 pts would only be a punishment if it relegated us. The only punishment they can give us this season that could affect us is, instant relegation or at least 30 pts.

BurbageSkyBlues

Possibly they are considering whether it is the club, or the owners, that should be punished?

It is clear to see that administration of the football entity, CCFC ltd, is not unrelated to the financial and company structure that SISu have put in place...

As an example, ask yourself a question......how does a non-operating arm of a business, with no employees or assets, run up debts of £60M (allegedly)? Is it because it has financial liability for outgoing costs, but receives no income (because the earnings have been going elsewhere in the structure)?

In other words, if Coventry city FC were a double glazing firm, then Ccfc ltd would be paying the bills for materials etc, but not receiving any money from customers who had windows installed ( that would be going to another company).

When , exactly, did the players transfer from CCFC ltd to CCFC holdings ltd? And, if they are to be claimed to be separate businesses, then shouldn't CCFC ltd have received payment from CCFC holdings?.....if not, then the directors of CCFC ltd are operating insolently, one would think....which means they are not fit and proper persons etc....

I really struggle to see how it can be claimed that the two entities are not (to be considered) as one, from the FL's point of view.

Last edited:

ricohman

Alot of the punishment being talked about here seems extremely harsh, of all offenders in recent years surely were not half as bad

Baginton

Our paperwork is probably still in the in-tray :claping hands:

paperstackman(1).JPG

Diehard Si

Alot of the punishment being talked about here seems extremely harsh, of all offenders in recent years surely were not half as bad

We've potentially:

Played the whole season ( and perhaps longer ) with players in a different company to the company holding the 'golden share', that's possibly means all in-elligibe players.

Traded while knowingly insolvent

Performed a manoever that could be considered heading in the grounds towards being classed as an avoidance measure and/or asset stripping * depending on the outcome of the findings

Broken other league regulations about having a stadium to play in fixed for the year.

Never really revealed the ultimate ownership of the club ( not publically at least )

hotrod

It would not surprise me if we are not Kicked out of the Football League.

Regards.

covmark

We've potentially:

Played the whole season ( and perhaps longer ) with players in a different company to the company holding the 'golden share', that's possibly means all in-elligibe players.

Performed a manoever that could be considered heading in the grounds towards being classed as an avoidance measure and/or asset stripping * depending on the outcome of the findings

Broken other league regulations about having a stadium to play in fixed for the year.

Never really revealed the ultimate ownership of the club ( not publically at least )
Is that all we've got no worries then ;)

Baginton

Luton were punished 10 points and fined £50k in 2008 for paying agents through a secondary bank account, the club secretary even grassed up the people, (who were no longer at the club) doing it to the league, they were deducted the points to make an example of...

five championship clubs have been done for a lot worse since and non have been deducted points, Waford te latest club, and got away with a transfer embargo :facepalm:

We've potentially:

This might be a stupid question? gunna ask it anyway
but if Sisu have sold season tickets, or any ticket come to think of it, while players are registered or not registered what ever the case may be?
would they be in breach of the sales of goods act?
would be great to see every fan who has ever bought a ticket this season take um to court for refunds.
got to be a loop hole out there for us to exploit ?

luwalla

This might be a stupid question? gunna ask it anyway
but if Sisu have sold season tickets, or any ticket come to think of it, while players are registered or not registered what ever the case may be?
would they be in breach of the sales of goods act?
would be great to see every fan who has ever bought a ticket this season take um to court for refunds.
got to be a loop hole out there for us to exploit ?

1. you buy a ticket to go and see coventry city.. which players they put in the side is up to them, team sheet doesnt come until just before the match

2. who are you going to sue ? if the club are in admin, then you aint going to get anything back.. and if they aint in admin then and they continue to trade, then see point 1.

1. you buy a ticket to go and see coventry city.. which players they put in the side is up to them, team sheet doesnt come until just before the match

2. who are you going to sue ? if the club are in admin, then you aint going to get anything back.. and if they aint in admin then and they continue to trade, then see point 1.

I did say it might be a stupid question:(
thanks anyway

Skyblue4u

Maybe they've seen all the crap we've had to put up with over the years and decided to adward us ten points? One can only dream

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

If SISU found a loophole then the FL will drop a ton of bricks on the club next year after amending their rules. It will be a 30pt job for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread