Council spending money on "gagging clauses" (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

This is poor, if they've done something wrong they should at least own up to it.

An exclusive from Gilbert 6 hours after the Observer published it - some things never change :joyful:

NorthernWisdom

I think these gagging clauses should be illegal tbh, they're completely counter to the idea of transparency in public office.
They are pretty common in private business mind you. And the argument would be if you want to attract the best calibre, who otherwise would go elsewhere, you ought to play by the same contractual rules.

A gagging clause isn't necessarily because of bullying, after all.

fernandopartridge

They are pretty common in private business mind you. And the argument would be if you want to attract the best calibre, who otherwise would go elsewhere, you ought to play by the same contractual rules.

The argument is a load of horse shite.

Nick

Administrator

There are NDAs and privacy agreements that I have signed to say I can't go about telling people about customers information etc.

Nothing to say if somebody is a prick to me I can't mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread