Cov Kits for Pes 2018 (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Better ones than EA generally. They tend to swap over every few years.

I’ve heard good things about this year’s PES, particularly on gameplay. But, I do think FIFA generally has more depth as a game. The licensing issues PES face means the market won’t take it seriously. I know I’ll never buy personally because of that.

Alkhen

I’ve heard good things about this year’s PES, particularly on gameplay. But, I do think FIFA generally has more depth as a game. The licensing issues PES face means the market won’t take it seriously. I know I’ll never buy personally because of that.

But you can fix all the PES licences in about 10 mins

FIFA might be shiny out the box but the gameplay is stale and there is no fixing that

Last edited:

torchomatic

My lad has been playing the demo but he's having PES for Christmas.

MatthewWallis

FIFA might be shiny out the box but the gameplay is stale and there is no fixing that

I’d love to see how you import all the kits and change all team names in just 10 minutes.

Mucca Mad Boys

Licensing means that children won't take it seriously. Proper gamers consider gameplay more important.

I think FIFA as a video game has more depth than PES. Career mode, FUT, online servers tend to be better on FIFA too. Both games cost £50, how can I justify spending that on a half cooked game in PES. You've got the superb presentation of say, the Champions League, yet half the teams have incorrect kits and something as basic as the team name. There's a reason FIFA outsells PES 25 to 1.

£50 for a game, yet you have to do all the hard work? It's silly. From all the reviews I've read, PES only just edges gameplay and has greater 'tactical depth' within the game. But everything else FIFA generally dominates and I do think the FUT well killed the competition. I'm not that into it anyway.

I've been playing FIFA since FIFA 01 (Cov were actually in the Prem haha) and the first video game I brought with my own money was FIFA 03. I've always been a FIFA man, and will always be.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I’d love to see how you import all the kits and change all team names in just 10 minutes.
On the last one there were batch files people had made that do all the image and naming edits in one go. Wasn't quite as quick as 10 minutes, but minimal input involved which was a Godsend after previous versions.

Alkhen

I've always been a FIFA man, and will always be.

well why the fuck are you bothering to engage in this thread then, just weird. personally i try each games demo and judge them every year. FIFA was better for a good few years but its swung back to PES in the last two i'd say

I enjoy the freedom that the editing in PES gives you but totally understand why people cant be arsed. I wish that Konami could compete financially with EA as i honestly feel like when they are given the opportunity they take real care and attention to detail with their licences.

Last edited:

oucho

Anyone else initially read this thread title at first glance as "Cov kits for pets 2018" ???

Or was that just me?

hill83

Unzip option file to 'WESPES' folder.
Install on PS4. Literally took 10 minutes. All names and kits etc are changed automatically this year.

That being said though. The game is broken this year. They have totally bollocksed up the player selection in game and it's pretty much unplayable. There's a patch coming though. I'll end up getting Fifa as well.

MatthewWallis

Install on PS4. Literally took 10 minutes. All names and kits etc are changed automatically this year.

That being said though. The game is broken this year. They have totally bollocksed up the player selection in game and it's pretty much unplayable. There's a patch coming though. I'll end up getting Fifa as well.

Fair enough! I was going off the last couple of versions where I’d sat for far too long changing everything myself

Mucca Mad Boys

well why the fuck are you bothering to engage in this thread then, just weird. personally i try each games demo and judge them every year. FIFA was better for a good few years but its swung back to PES in the last two i'd say

I enjoy the freedom that the editing in PES gives you but totally understand why people cant be arsed. I wish that Konami could compete financially with EA as i honestly feel like when they are given the opportunity they take real care and attention to detail with their licences.

My initial comment was sarcastically asking if Konami still made PES, which sparked something of a 'debate' about which is better. Admittedly, the option to edit, I think should be on FIFA for the licenses they haven't acquired, so I agree on the point of the freedom given by editing. But, it isn't about 'not being arsed', it comes down to value for money, for me. Also, in my opinion, I think FIFA offers a product that has more depth than its counterpart, even if the gameplay pendulum swung back to PES.

I will eventually try this year's PES, and I think them making strides in the last few games is good for the market competition because I think the two competitors bounce off one another to outdo the other.

ajsccfc

I know it'd never happen, but I'd like FIFA to include an edit mode for the career. Keep it so the sponsor and make can't be changed to keep that in place but then let people get a bit of variety in. Or if I get promoted to the Premier League, do something about the League 2 badges at least.

Rodders1

I'm completely torn on which one to get! Got FIFA17 and enjoyed it but bored of the game play. However I want to carry on with the journey and FUT.

But I'm so tempted about PES- I've been away from both until last year. Remember how good PES in 2006 (I think) was - miles better than FIFA.

Like you I'll end up getting both! And football manager in November!!

Mcbean

I would like to say that this whole thread is over my head - if you cant spell it upside down on a casio i'm fucked

Liquid Gold

A review of FIFA made a good point about all the different game modes make it good value for money. Apparently there is 13-15 hours gameplay in the journey alone which is a similar number to a normal game without all the other stuff.

I'm still not going to get either because FUT/Myclub is the best and the scripting just ruins them both.

covcity4life

A review of FIFA made a good point about all the different game modes make it good value for money. Apparently there is 13-15 hours gameplay in the journey alone which is a similar number to a normal game without all the other stuff.

I'm still not going to get either because FUT/Myclub is the best and the scripting just ruins them both.
this is not anti fifa

but playing a career mode as a urban londener chav sums up everything wrong with this country

yeh man i just trying to be a superstar innit

torchomatic

I've ordered FIFA for my lad. He always gets it on release and then has PES for Christmas.

He loves both and is glued to his PS4 for hours.

Esoterica

Might have to look into these 'video games'. My evening entertainment consists of surprising the wife by putting a couple of sheets of toilet paper over my nob and pretending it's a ghost. WooooOOOOOOOoooooo!

ajsccfc

As FIFA's out today EA have put up a load of club-specific covers you can print to replace the generic one in the sleeve.

Except:
9Gdnevw.png

Proper SHFWF for me, this.

hill83

Can't remember the last time I bought an actual game on a disc. I just download them these day. Plus you don't have to move to change the game. Anything where I don't have to move is a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread