Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

I have a feeling MR will make a few changes for this game to freshen things up a bit as most of our starting XI have played 4 games on the bounce now.

CovInEssex

Blackpool have drawn 2, and lost 1 in their opening 3 games. Drawing against Wycombe and Shrewsbury and losing against what looks-to-be a decent Portsmouth side. They've found the net on 1 occasion out of the 3, in what was a consolation goal against the aforementioned defeat to Portsmouth.

It should be noted that Blackpool defeated another decent League 1 side in Barnsley in the League Cup, 3-1. Neither side opted to play their strongest eleven, mind.

I believe we are capable of taking all 3 points on Tuesday. Luke Thomas demonstrated more from the right in his 20 minute inclusion than I've seen all season - I feel our success in the league and his playing time will have a direct correlation. However, he does love to get forward - which was plain to see - which left behind him exposed. Therefore, It might be wise opting for a more defensive-minded Grimmer to sit behind him as opposed to the also-adventurous Sterling.

Hiwula has been the early season disappointment for me, and I'm struggling to recollect something he's produced in the final third except have his leg chopped away? Allassani impressed me throughout pre-season but coming back from his injury it might be an idea for him and Hiwula to split the minutes down the left.

My team selection:

i8Y9mzv.png

fatso

Can't see Doyle playing 3 games in 8 days.
So I think Shipley might well get a start with Thomas coming off the bench.

cc84cov

away win for me.

Burge
Sterling Hyam Willis Mason
Ogogo Doyle
Thomas Bayliss Shipley
Bakayoko

covcity4life

Will be an unchanged 11 imo

Wouldn't mind seeing jch given another chance upfront but bakayoko deserves the start after scoring in last game.

no_loyalty

Bring Thomas into the starting eleven, at the expense of Doyle or Andreu

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think Bakayoko is the answer, neither see the point in Sterling or Mason either. All 3 players are worse than what we had last season and we are a league higher. That's not really going to work out for us.

LOB
Grimmer Willis Davies Brown
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Thomas
Hiwula

SlowerThanPlatt

Blackpool have drawn 2, and lost 1 in their opening 3 games. Drawing against Wycombe and Shrewsbury and losing against what looks-to-be a decent Portsmouth side. They've found the net on 1 occasion out of the 3, in what was a consolation goal against the aforementioned defeat to Portsmouth.

It should be noted that Blackpool defeated another decent League 1 side in Barnsley in the League Cup, 3-1. Neither side opted to play their strongest eleven, mind.

I believe we are capable of taking all 3 points on Tuesday. Luke Thomas demonstrated more from the right in his 20 minute inclusion than I've seen all season - I feel our success in the league and his playing time will have a direct correlation. However, he does love to get forward - which was plain to see - which left behind him exposed. Therefore, It might be wise opting for a more defensive-minded Grimmer to sit behind him as opposed to the also-adventurous Sterling.

Hiwula has been the early season disappointment for me, and I'm struggling to recollect something he's produced in the final third except have his leg chopped away? Allassani impressed me throughout pre-season but coming back from his injury it might be an idea for him and Hiwula to split the minutes down the left.

My team selection:

i8Y9mzv.png

Allassani hasn’t been involved in a squad yet not even the League Cup so I don’t think there’s much chance of him starting. Don’t think he’s been injured unless I missed it

Grendel

I don't think Bakayoko is the answer, neither see the point in Sterling or Mason either. All 3 players are worse than what we had last season and we are a league higher. That's not really going to work out for us.

LOB
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Thomas
Hiwula

Mason worse than Haynes?

Grendel

From what I've seen Haynes had more end product going forward in fairness.

I take it you agree with my other points though?

No sterling looks more solid than Grimmer

Grendel

From what I've seen Haynes had more end product going forward in fairness.

I take it you agree with my other points though?

1 assist in two years wasn’t it?

Sky Blue Pete

Gonna be

Lob
Sterling
Davies
Hyam (if Willis fit which he won’t be he will play)
Brown (only cause of number of games)
Bayliss
Ogogo
Doyle (so important how he organises on the pitch
Shipley
Bakayoko
Hiwula

Can see Jch being involved and Biamou and Thomas from the bench

Good opportunity to win so long as we stay strong

Londonccfcfan

LOB
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Thomas
Hiwula

Completely agree with Sterling and Mason, Bakayoko and Hiwula the jury is out. Are they better than JP and JCH?
Really hope I’m wrong but hope they improve.

I’d drop one of Andreu or Bayliss ( bring on from bench)

Grimmer, Willis, Davies, Brown
Thomas, Ogogu, Doyle, Shipley
Hiwula, Baka

cc84cov

Completely agree with Sterling and Mason, Bakayoko and Hiwula the jury is out. Are they better than JP and JCH?
Really hope I’m wrong but hope they improve.

I’d drop one of Andreu or Bayliss ( bring on from bench)

Grimmer, Willis, Davies, Brown
Thomas, Ogogu, Doyle, Shipley
Hiwula, Baka

I think mason looks good he would be ahead of stokes & Haynes for me.Agree about the forwards Hiwula & Baka it’s early days yet but I do ask myself the same question...are they better than what we already had in JCH & JP ? Time will tell although I’m happy with the Ogogo signing probably the best one for me from what I’ve seen so far.

CovInEssex

I think mason looks good he would be ahead of stokes & Haynes for me.Agree about the forwards Hiwula & Baka it’s early days yet but I do ask myself the same question...are they better than what we already had in JCH & JP ? Time will tell although I’m happy with the Ogogo signing probably the best one for me from what I’ve seen so far.

Yep, from the new signings Ogogo is actually what we were lacking - a bully.

covcity4life

LOB
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Thomas
Hiwula

3 games in

3 games in

dont make judgements about people being worse than what we had last year please

so kneejerk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Thomas made an immediate impact when he came on on Saturday. Would like to see him from the start. Ideally would rotate Doyler out for Kelly/another CM but not sure it's possible at the moment. Shipley has done enough in his two sub appearances to warrant a start. Keep the rest the same as they look to get more game time together.
O'Brien
Sterling Willis Hyam Mason
Ogogo Doyle
Thomas Bayliss Shipley
Bakayoko

smileycov

Facebook User

My team selection:

i8Y9mzv.png
Bayliss for Doyle Andreu in also. Not sure on reice being ready yet.

Paxman II

Hard to predict. Blackpool need to get their first win and have not been half bad. But the first couple of games every team is settling in. I feel we are growing stronger and getting better with each 45 minutes we play. We have some very good players for this level who will click together at some point with a few tweaks here and there from MR's. We miss a McNulty for sure making our predictions that much more difficult as I don't think we have a lot of goals in us. But we have strength throughout and and should be winning fixtures like this one. I hope that's the case becuase the whole team will lift it's shoulders high if we do and I see a season where we will and certainly should compete at the top end. If we somehow losethe game it will be all about the performance, such as played well but were unlucky.
But yes I'm expecting a win.

Magwitch

Be interesting to see if Davies comes back in and for who, otherwise I expect an unchanged team. Not sure if Kelly is fit again or .not if he is he could come in for Doyle

Warwickhunt

Be interesting to see if Davies comes back in and for who, otherwise I expect an unchanged team. Not sure if Kelly is fit again or .not if he is he could come in for Doyle
apparently was not very well thats why he was not in the saturday match squad, MR is always cautious and will probably have him on the bench

Ricketts

Tickets bought, James' coach arranged.

Looking forward to it.

(But there again, I looked forward to Oxford!)

However young Lukes gives me hope.

It'll be a long way home is we come back empty-handed.

Users who are viewing this thread