Match Thread Coventry City at Crewe Alexandra Match Thread - Saturday 17th Mar (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at Crewe Alexandra match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
Ideally we need a win, they won't be as easy to break down as Luton were in the first half yesterday so I don't think we will get half as many chances.

Head says 1-1.

Otis

Ideally we need a win, they won't be as easy to break down as Luton were in the first half yesterday so I don't think we will get half as many chances.

Head says 1-1.
Yeah, I think draw too.

I see that they beat Lincoln 4-1 at Lincoln only a couple of matches back

skybluepm2

A win here won’t make last nights throwaway look half as bad. Lose or draw however and it will have been a bad week. Personally can not wait for this, last trip there was a memorable 5-0 romp with 3 coming from Armstrong.

Will be more hard fought this time, but I’m hopeful we can nick it 2-1.

Heading up there early on the train and straight to the away pub where the DJ played twist and shout about 17 times does anybody know the name of it?

nunchuckas

A win here won’t make last nights throwaway look half as bad. Lose or draw however and it will have been a bad week. Personally can not wait for this, last trip there was a memorable 5-0 romp with 3 coming from Armstrong.

Will be more hard fought this time, but I’m hopeful we can nick it 2-1.

Heading up there early on the train and straight to the away pub where the DJ played twist and shout about 17 times does anybody know the name of it?

I think you mean the Corner Bar opposite the away end.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Play like we did yesterday and we'll win.

I just hope conceding that equaliser hasn't crushed our confidence a little bit. Even though it is a point against Luton, psychology can work in odd ways.

Otis

I just hope conceding that equaliser hasn't crushed our confidence a little bit. Even though it is a point against Luton, psychology can work in odd ways.
And we haven't really put in many back to back decent performances in this season either.

We play like we did last night we should win, but part of me thinks we won't play like that and will be rather cautious again, as we have done so many times away from home this season.

italiahorse

Looked like we could have still have won it after the equaliser. Two great chances, one well saved from Reid and the other totally missed in the area.

tigersb

Head says 1-1.
Don't think it will be a case of breaking them down
I think this will be quite an open game with a few goals
3-2 to the Skyblues

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

And we haven't really put in many back to back decent performances in this season either.

We play like we did last night we should win, but part of me thinks we won't play like that and will be rather cautious again, as we have done so many times away from home this season.

I hope you're wrong, but what you said isn't stupid by any stretch.

We need to turn up like we did last night. I'm hoping if results go our way and we can even sniff automatics that will make the players really switch it on.

no_loyalty

I hope Robins plays the same eleven which started against Luton, will be disappointed if Kelly comes back in. Put Baker on the bench instead of Barrett.

2-0 City win

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Crewe have always been a bit of a bogey team but have also brought some high scoring wins. Let’s hope we see the latter, although I wouldn’t complain if we got a boring 1-0 win with he goal coming off someone’s backside!

Driving to this one so hoping the reported bad weather holds off!

lifeskyblue

Robins needs to get the team starting like last night...straight from kick off. We took Luton by storm and had a half chance to score before we went ahead. Now is the time to be positive; look to win not to draw. If we are happy for playoffs then he might revert to safety first but if he believes we can get autos then we have to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I hope Robins plays the same eleven which started against Luton, will be disappointed if Kelly comes back in. Put Baker on the bench instead of Barrett.

2-0 City win

we seem to have a fair few players struggling to last 90 minutes so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes. Failing that Robins needs to be spot on with the timing of his substitutions.

SkyBlueSoul

I think you mean the Corner Bar opposite the away end.
Is this gonna be the unofficial away pub?

Last time I saw us play Crewe live was this match:

I'd settle for something similar to take the bitter taste of last night away. Yes, in hindsight it was a good performance for the most part and I'd have taken a draw before the game, but only if we beat Crewe on Saturday

wingy

Is this gonna be the unofficial away pub?

Last time I saw us play Crewe live was this match:

I'd settle for something similar to take the bitter taste of last night away. Yes, in hindsight it was a good performance for the most part and I'd have taken a draw before the game, but only if we beat Crewe on Saturday

That looks like the artwork of John Ledwidge on a pitch as beautiful as the green baise of Sheffield or Wembley.
Sadly I think his creativity has now been outlawed.

Sky Blue Harry H

That game against Crewe - 11,500 (scary how the crowds have slipped)
Be interesting if we win on Saturday what the remaining home attendances will be. The club should be clever and put something out about ticket stubs getting priority for play off legs/Wembley tickets to try and boost crowds for last few important home games - could make all the difference for £££s, atmosphere and possibly results.

Adge

I'm missing this one but yes, scrappy 1-0 will do nicely. A draw isn't really going to help much.

Paxman II

Yes a win now more urgent, even though we all would have taken the draw before the kick off v Luton?
3 points would start to see us in among it even thinking of 3rd place!
0-2 City.

tigersb

That game against Crewe - 11,500 (scary how the crowds have slipped)
Be interesting if we win on Saturday what the remaining home attendances will be. The club should be clever and put something out about ticket stubs getting priority for play off legs/Wembley tickets to try and boost crowds for last few important home games - could make all the difference for £££s, atmosphere and possibly results.
If we make the playoffs I think there will be plenty of tickets for whoever wants one

Sky Blue Harry H

If we make the playoffs I think there will be plenty of tickets for whoever wants one

If it happens, the home leg for the play off will be a sell out - mark my words - and CCFC will almost certainly have a 'ticket stub' for Wembley offer to ensure that happens - not that they will need it to sell out.

no_loyalty

If it happens, the home leg for the play off will be a sell out - mark my words - and CCFC will almost certainly have a 'ticket stub' for Wembley offer to ensure that happens - not that they will need it to sell out.

If we get to the playoff final, there will be more demand than the Checkatrade trophy final

Otis

looks in need of it.
Shame, because he offers so much and I wasn't very impressed with Kelly when he came on, on Tuesday.

The other option is Barrett there, but that's one hell of a gamble. Either than or move Vincenti inside and play Barrett/Reid on the wing.

clint van damme

Shame, because he offers so much and I wasn't very impressed with Kelly when he came on, on Tuesday.

The other option is Barrett there, but that's one hell of a gamble. Either than or move Vincenti inside and play Barrett/Reid on the wing.

I'd go for the Reid option, though he seems to be one of several players in our squad who seem incapable of lasting 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread