Coventry City FC's bid for half of Ricoh Arena firm rejected (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

What a surprise !!

AFCCOVENTRY

We knew it would never be accepted and Wasps were always in control otherwise they wouldn't have purchased the council stake in the first place.

Sisu have managed a royal cock up since nearly getting the Higgs stake a few years back.

Look forward to Fishers's tin pot ground they are going to build. Wherever and whenever that will be.

Moff

Sorry for this basic response but

F*CK OFF

Sisu, Seppala, Fisher, Waggott, CCC, Lucas, Wasps, Higgs and not forgetting Appleton.

Ashdown

1, The fashion that Fisher announced the SISU offer would suggest it was another pile of crap from them.
2, The council are heavily throwing their weight behind Ann Lucas's franchise rugby and have done everything anyway it seems to get ACL to Wasps { Hedge fund}
3, SISU will still rely on this litigation bollox before moving forward anyway and if Wasps raise the rent once again then I reckon SISU will walk away !

letsallsingtogether

We knew it would never be accepted and Wasps were always in control otherwise they wouldn't have purchased the council stake in the first place.

Sisu have managed a royal cock up since nearly getting the Higgs stake a few years back.

Look forward to Fishers's tin pot ground they are going to build. Wherever and whenever that will be.

Tim said it is imminent, that is why the consortium group are now on hold???

Long fucking 3 weeks, Sorry but they just can't get anything right, the longer this shit goes on the more fans we lose I am sure that is their plan?

torchomatic

Roll on 2265. Then we'll show 'em!

Look forward to hearing from Fisher now regarding the next move. Also look forward to hearing from Lucas, PWKH and the other backstabbing bastards.

torchomatic

FFS, why is losing fans a plan?

Long fucking 3 weeks, Sorry but they just can't get anything right, the longer this shit goes on the more fans we lose I am sure that is their plan?

RoboCCFC90

I can't say that I am all that surprised that the bid has been turned down, it's a shame for CCFC having put in the offer.

I suppose there is no choice now to build our own stadium..

SISU OUT
WASPS OUT
LUCAS OUT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moff

Look forward to hearing from Fisher now regarding the next move. Also look forward to hearing from Lucas, PWKH and the other backstabbing bastards.

Its amazing that when he wanted to look the Hero, and play the SISU basher, friend of the fans, PWKH was over this site like a rash.
Now things have changed and the Childrens Chrity have more important things like buying pubs to do, and selling grounds to franchise Rugby Clubs, he is nowhere to be seen.

RoboCCFC90

Any idea why it was rejected?

They didn't state a reason on the article, but you have to believe given the history of the parties and the fact that the Charity have been in bed with the Council with respect to ACL for so long, I would be surprised if there was any other reason..

RegTheDonk

No surprise at all.

I want Fisher to now come out with some truth for a change. Forget all this bollocks about building a stadium - you've shot yourself in the foot going down that line, lost any hope of getting the Ricoh. Just tell us what the long term plan is regarding rental at the Ricoh, revenues, and any potential partnerships with WASPs.

Monners

Personally, I hope we don't here anything from any of them ever again

stupot07

So what is the plan ?
Whatever they doing is loosing fans,

We sign a rolling 10 year matchday only-little/no additional income deal and become wasps bitch, with a nice glass ceiling keeping us at league one level/with the odd promotion/relegation to/from championship for the foreseeable future.

Oh well. Have fun at the wasps match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RFC

You need to take a long hard look at what's been going on in the background (nothing whatsoever to do with the owners of CCFC!).

Conspiracy!

SkyBlue_Bear83

No surprise, hope Wasps fall flat on their faces. Ricoh will look sick for 2k at a Rugby game.

No one cares about this club except for the fans, and even a lot of them don't care anymore. Don't even see the point in continuing tbh

RFC

No surprise at all.

I want Fisher to now come out with some truth for a change. Forget all this bollocks about building a stadium - you've shot yourself in the foot going down that line, lost any hope of getting the Ricoh. Just tell us what the long term plan is regarding rental at the Ricoh, revenues, and any potential partnerships with WASPs.

Amazing! You accuse Fisher of not telling the truth!

WHAT ABOUT ANN LUCAS & CCC?

What about ACL?

What about WASPS?

Could say a lot more but can't be bothered with people who can't see the wood from the trees. PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Amazing! You accuse Fisher of not telling the truth!

WHAT ABOUT ANN LUCAS & CCC?

What about ACL?

What about WASPS?

Could say a lot more but can't be bothered with people who can't see the wood from the trees. PUSB

So what lies have they told us?

chiefdave

What shocking news! How long before the excuse for everything that goes wrong is 'we tried to buy the Ricoh but they wouldn't sell it to us'?

fernandopartridge

It's hardly a surprise. The best thing for the club to do is to drive for success on the pitch now. The fans should get behind them on the this.

Kingokings204

I think that's the bit that will rile us up the wrong way.

TF " we tried to buy the stadium but we were knocked back"

All of them are as bad as eachkther and now our football club in destined for lower leagues forever.

letsallsingtogether

FFS, why is losing fans a plan?

You tell me?
Everything they have done has alienated the fans.
They have not done one thing to get the fans or anyone else for that matter on their side.

And before you say they came back to the RICOH!!!!!!! They never should have left.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Surely Fisher and SISU couldn't have been expecting this bid to be accepted though, maybe they have a real plan which will be revealed in due course........yea or maybe not

skyblueinBaku

RFC, I wish that you would stop this "I could tell you more but I won't" claptrap. If you have something to say, bloody well say it. If you haven't anything to say, stop pretending that you have.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can't say that I am all that surprised that the bid has been turned down, it's a shame for CCFC having put in the offer.

I suppose there is no choice now to build our own stadium..

SISU OUT
WASPS OUT
LUCAS OUT

The council will be putting up barriers and obstacles around every corner for the new stadium, remember they hate the club.

Bennets Afro

I don't think anyone is surprised that the bid got rejected. It was always going to be sold to the wasps hence the 100% when the deal was first announced. This was just legal technicalities

Where does this leave CCFC? Renting and getting matchday revenues for 25 days a year and be skint or build the tinpot arena of 16k capacity and still be skint?

Either way, new owners or not. The clubs future looks very bleak

duffer

The council will be putting up barriers and obstacles around every corner for the new stadium, remember they hate the club.

I don't think they hate the club, but I do think they hate SISU. Like a few others, I think that's clouded their judgement on this. As for planning permission in the city for a new stadium, whether the council are for it or against probably won't make much difference - it will be a long, hard road and likely finally decided by someone above and outside CCC.

Edit: Assuming that SISU actually have a plan for a stadium in Coventry, which they clearly don't. And a stadium anywhere else looks pretty unlikely too, in truth.

Last edited:

mattylad

So it really is time to move on and secure a ground of our own (maybe on the Higgs centre site after someone probably torches it over the weekend!!) To be honest it will be a far better atmosphere in a smaller ground than the Ricoh which lets face it unless you are in the block 14,15 or 16 is life less.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think they hate the club, but I do think they hate SISU. Like a few others, I think that's clouded their judgement on this. As for planning permission in the city for a new stadium, whether the council are for it or against probably won't make much difference - it will be a long, hard road and likely finally decided by someone above and outside CCC.

I'm only judging on there actions and what I see, as far as I can see they hate the club.

mattylad

Anywhere you want to build a stadium these days seems to go to a full public enquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread