Coventry City ground share with Coventry RFC at Butts Park Arena could be back on (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Come on nick lets not go down the mentalist route everytime.

Mentalist to think shit is going on?

Why would he go straight to the telegraph after doing the deal to tell them? As in the same evening?

Again, people just seem to think everything is one big coincidence all of the time.

AFCCOVENTRY

Is that why Anderson has gone?

Time for a new person to help develop this with experience in stadium development?

martcov

KC says CA had differences with SISU because of the Butts. He goes. Butts could be on again. Another Les Reid exclusive could be coming....

idm1975

Whilst I generally agree... Anderson leaving, then this news straight after is... interesting in its timing, no?

It could of course just be coincidental but... it'd be worth inspecting.[/QUO
Mentalist to think shit is going on?

Why would he go straight to the telegraph after doing the deal to tell them? As in the same evening?

Again, people just seem to think everything is one big coincidence all of the time.
Maybe the telegraph knew about it and contacted him for a comment?

Gosford Green

The telegraph printing bollocks as usual.

Cov Utd are set to share this with Cov RFC, then add CCFC to the fixture list. I can see SISU now taking someone to court over the cost of a new pitch.

Les Reid is quiet, is the Observer still out on a Thursday?

martcov

Conspiracy theory ( tounge in cheek): we get relegated to league 2 so that The Butts becomes big enough for our requirements. Stadium problem solved. ;-)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody else think that this will be like when kids offer each other a sweet and then pull their middle finder our of their pocket?

I think this gif sums it up:

giphy.gif

chiefdave

The telegraph printing bollocks as usual.

Cov Utd are set to share this with Cov RFC, then add CCFC to the fixture list. I can see SISU now taking someone to court over the cost of a new pitch.
The CRFC chap explicitly stated when he spoke about the Cov Utd deal that CCFC were kept fully informed. The clear implication there is that it doesn't impact any plans with CCFC. Do we even know how long the Cov Utd deal lasts? They have moved grounds several times already so another move wouldn't be out of the question for them.

Les Reid is quiet, is the Observer still out on a Thursday?
Quick check of his twitter shows he's just got back from holiday.

dongonzalos

Wow
Still love the location of the Butts but hate the concept of a 15k stadium.
Especially at that location? it will not be enough.
I know people will say but we only get 8k now.
However the Butts is a far superior location to the Ricoh.
If it is true that the club will be financially better, if it can build its own stadium. Then you have to believe there is a possibility of some success again.
Very quickly demand will outstrip supply which will mean ticket prices shooting up.

But I must say what a location.

Last edited:

Brylowes

The CRFC chap explicitly stated when he spoke about the Cov Utd deal that CCFC were kept fully informed. The clear implication there is that it doesn't impact any plans with CCFC. Do we even know how long the Cov Utd deal lasts? They have moved grounds several times already so another move wouldn't be out of the question for them.

QUICK CHECK OF HIS TWITTER SHOWS HES JUST BACK OFF HOLIDAY.
Just in time, I hope his journalism Cape is ironed.

clint van damme

Quick check of his twitter shows he's just got back from holiday.

I think it's only a one season gig while they get their own ground sorted.

PIPSQUEEK

Dont you think it might be something to do with the meeting today with th FA & FL
SISU stating we have a new ground lined up

skybluetony176

So. Millerchip sells the lease to CRFC with CA resigning a few days before. Hypothetical conversation follows.

CA: Good news, we've just been informed that CRFC are going to take control of the lease so we can press ahead with our joint development plans.

SISU: Oh, er, this is awkward. Thing is we don't actually have any money for that it was all a bluff.

CA: What?

SISU: Yeah, a bluff.

Penny dropping

CA: You'll have my resignation in the morning.

Like I said. Hypothetical ;)

hill83

So, the bloke who has spoken with CCFC before is about to be the owner of The Butts again. Maybe wait until he has bought it and wait to speak to him before getting excited.

Steve.B50

So. Millerchip sells the lease to CRFC with CA resigning a few days before. Hypothetical conversation follows.

CA: Good news, we've just been informed that CRFC are going to take control of the lease so we can press ahead with our joint development plans.

SISU: Oh, er, this is awkward. Thing is we don't actually have any money for that it was all a bluff.

CA: What?

SISU: Yeah, a bluff.

Penny dropping

CA: You'll have my resignation in the morning.

Like I said. Hypothetical ;)

Tony
I think your reading to much into this, take CA out of the equation.

SkyBlueZack

Temporary stands I would imagine? Cheap fix if ricoh negotiations are still on hold. Would satisfy the fl at their discretion of course. Not saying it's a plan or if I'm right. Just a thought. Think steve might know more.

SkyBlueZack

Sold on the condition crfc have no involvement with ccfc?

I have agreed to keep the terms of the deal confidential. Sounds like on the request of crfc?

clint van damme

I would happily play there , but just can't see it happening

Logistically it would be a nightmare , is there room ?

said it plenty of times you will struggle to do much with the Butts, pedestrian access is very poor and not a lot of scope to develop it.

I think you would need to incorporate the Butts Park itself and expand across the whole site.

For me this site has to have access from Albany road and at the moment there isn't any. The old road running parallel with the railway line has now gone, the only option would be to put something in between the retirement village and the back of the theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread