Coventry City Ladies. (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

Just heard on the radio that CCFC ladies team is to be known as Coventry United Ladies. Anyone got any ideas what on earth that is about????

covmartin

I've been hearing this rumour for a couple of weeks and it's been confirmed this morning. Coventry City Ladies have indeed become part of Coventry United Football Club (including the junior teams) and they will be re-branded Coventry United Ladies. The ladies will continue to play their home games at the Bedworth Oval

The Lurker

Just heard on the radio that CCFC ladies team is to be known as Coventry United Ladies. Anyone got any ideas what on earth that is about????

The club didn't contribute towards the team and were looking for funders. Cov utd lads (good lads and love there football) said they'll fund for the foreseeable

stupot07

That's a a really shame, they may get funding from Cov United, but they'll lose some of their kudos of being associated with a football league club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sick Boy

It wasn't long ago that the majority of this forum were ready to jump ship and support Coventry utd.

Considering that they think being in league 1 is beneath them and their support is conditional upon success, I'm not sure how long they'd bother supporting a non league club.

chiefdave

Terrible decision in my opinion.

For a start no football team should change its name and colours, especially without a full consultation process with the fans. That's a disgrace and absolutely unforgivable.

It will also damage the teams profile. Irrespective of any formal connection to CCFC for the vast majority of our fanbase they would have been considered to be linked and people would follow them, no matter on how casual basis, off the back of that. Can you imagine as many people turning up to see a Cov Utd Ladies side at the Ricoh as did when they played previously? And of course that is magnified outside of the city, to any football fan around the country they will recognise a Coventry City team playing in Sky Blue, that is now lost.

Appalling decision and one I think they will come to regret. It seems they have been dazzled by Cov Utd getting their cheque book out.

CJ_covblaze

I get the impression it was make the change or kiss goodbye to the lot.

blend

It sounds as if Waggott and CCFC ignored them for the whole of last season, didn't even respond to any emails or calls so the Ladies team had enough. A real shame and it suggests yet more terrible management from SISU.

blend

Dave I disagree with your comments wholeheartedly you have not got the right sense of perspective on this one. You cannot have a partnership where one partner does not even communicate with the other. It is not about being dazzled by cheque books it is about on-going support and belief in what the ladies team are doing.

armybike

"New Era as CULFC
Date: 04 July 2015 at 10:38:00 by Jade Ogle
Announcing exclusively to BBC Coventry & Warwickshire, Coventry City Ladies football club will no longer operate under it's current branding.
After 24 years of affiliation with Coventry City the club has decided it was in its best interest to merge with up and coming non-league side Coventry United.
The 2015/16 FA Women's Premier league season will see the new Coventry United Ladies compete in the Southern Premier wearing the colours of the City's crest; Red and Green.
The deal secures the long term financial future of the club and its junior sections, whom will also become Coventry United.
Director of football Tom Stack thanked Coventry City for all their support 'This is a new era, an exciting era and naturally we would like to thank Coventry City for all they have done for us.'
Club Chairman Tim Kalns had this to say about the change "this was not an easy decision to make. Coventry City Ladies are a long established club that have been playing at the top level in the Women's game in recent years, and can arguably lay claim to have been the most successful side in the FA Women's Premier League over the last four seasons'

' We do however remain ambitious; the next step is Super League status.... so discussions have been going on behind the scenes for a number of weeks about how we can get the right structures in place to progress this club toward semi professional status.'

"The board have been in negotiation with Coventry United for a while and believe we now have an agreement in place that will give us the best possible platform to enable the club to move forward.'

' We will retain our own independent board of directors, our intellectual rights and history Coventry City Ladies FC. All current partnerships, facilities, staff and League status are unaffected. What you will see is a different kit and a different badge.'

'We look forward to the new collaboration with Coventry United, they are an ambitious new club with a great future....in both the men's and the ladies' game!"

http://www.cclfc.co.uk/news/new-era-as-culfc.aspx

blend

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11707787_10205918935465068_3346394110012648485_n.jpg
    11707787_10205918935465068_3346394110012648485_n.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 157

procdoc

I've been told personally by people 'in the know' that CCFC had very little interest in the ladies set up. This is a shame as the profile of women's football is slowly but surely growing and it looks like yet another example of mismanagement by SISU.

Grendel

In an interview on CWR the chairman said that they were not allowed to play at the Ricoh again as the new owners said they could not accommodate.

Can't see how or why ccfc should help. A

Grendel

I've been told personally by people 'in the know' that CCFC had very little interest in the ladies set up. This is a shame as the profile of women's football is slowly but surely growing and it looks like yet another example of mismanagement by SISU.

Bollocks.

chiefdave

Dave I disagree with your comments wholeheartedly you have not got the right sense of perspective on this one. You cannot have a partnership where one partner does not even communicate with the other. It is not about being dazzled by cheque books it is about on-going support and belief in what the ladies team are doing.

Football clubs should not change their name or colours, certainly not without a full consultation and support of the fanbase. That overrides everything for me.

Would you be OK with SISU deciding to change our name and colours?

You can't deny that from a name recognition standpoint it does huge damage. If you switched on the TV and saw a team called Arsenal Ladies playing in red you would instatntly recognise them, if that same team was called Highbury United and playing in blue you wouldn't have that same recognition.

matesx

Love the way it sll SISUs fault!
Should we divert funds to CCFC ladies then?

Grendel

Love the way it sll SISUs fault!
Should we divert funds to CCFC ladies then?

What a load of crap. The club can't play at the Ricoh and ccfc have never supported the team as far as I know and they shouldn't. Can't see any benefit whatsoever.

chiefdave

Irrelevant

Not really irrelevant is it? A team representing Coventry who have in the past played their bigger games at the Ricoh have now been told they can't play there anymore. I haven't heard the interview but if that is correct then I think questions need to be asked of ACL.

blend

What a load of crap. The club can't play at the Ricoh and ccfc have never supported the team as far as I know and they shouldn't. Can't see any benefit whatsoever.

Summed it up brilliantly there, CCFC have never supported the team so why should they stay affiliated with a club that don't support them in any shape or form.

chiefdave

Summed it up brilliantly there, CCFC have never supported the team so why should they stay affiliated with a club that don't support them in any shape or form.

Doesn't give them carte blanche to change the team name and colours. We aren't affiliated with anyone else so I assume you would have no issue if SISU changed the name and colours of the mens team?

blend

Football clubs should not change their name or colours, certainly not without a full consultation and support of the fanbase. That overrides everything for me.

Would you be OK with SISU deciding to change our name and colours?

You can't deny that from a name recognition standpoint it does huge damage. If you switched on the TV and saw a team called Arsenal Ladies playing in red you would instatntly recognise them, if that same team was called Highbury United and playing in blue you wouldn't have that same recognition.

But you said it is an appalling decision without actually weighing up the situation. CCFC wouldn't even communicate with the Ladies team so what were their options?

chiefdave

But you said it is an appalling decision without actually weighing up the situation. CCFC wouldn't even communicate with the Ladies team so what were their options?

What has CCFC communicating with the ladies team got to do with anything. That's not a new thing that goes back years. It certainly doesn't give those running the ladies team the right to change the clubs name and colours.

As I asked before the mens team are in the same position, would you be OK with SISU changing the teams name and colours?

blend

You may not like it, but these are the facts. Those that say bollocks or don't believe it are the ones that have the heads firmly up the arses of our great owners. Tell me when was the last article on the CCFC ladies section on the club's website?

blend

What has CCFC communicating with the ladies team got to do with anything. That's not a new thing that goes back years. It certainly doesn't give those running the ladies team the right to change the clubs name and colours.

As I asked before the mens team are in the same position, would you be OK with SISU changing the teams name and colours?

I agree with your posit regarding name and colours of the mens team. But why is it ok for the club not to support the ladies team and then you are appalled when they take another route?

chiefdave

I agree with your posit regarding name and colours of the mens team. But why is it ok for the club not to support the ladies team and then you are appalled when they take another route?

If they want to work with the owners of Coventry United that's fine. It is the changing of the teams name and colours that is the issue.

You seem very defensive of this, are you in some way involved?

crowsnest

You may not like it, but these are the facts. Those that say bollocks or don't believe it are the ones that have the heads firmly up the arses of our great owners. Tell me when was the last article on the CCFC ladies section on the club's website?

The ladies have their own website.
They also had a page in every city home programme with the fixtures.

martcov

I would say that if SISU were going to get a large chunk of their investment back by changing the name and colours, they would do it and wouldn't have the same decency as yourself in asking if we were ok with it.

chiefdave

I would say that if SISU were going to get a large chunk of their investment back by changing the name and colours, they would do it and wouldn't have the same decency as yourself in asking if we were ok with it.

That may well be the case but the question would be should we happily accept that? We are being told we should with the ladies team.

stupot07

How much funding are cov United putting on to sustain CCFCL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread