Match Thread Coventry City - Maidenhead United Match Thread - Sunday 5th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Maidenhead United match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
Has he mentioned whether he is likely to put out a weakened team for this?

Can see Doyle being rested and Stevenson coming in, maybe Willis being given a rest too.

oucho

Wonder what the attendance will be?

Captain Dart

skyblueelephant76

Has he mentioned whether he is likely to put out a weakened team for this?

Can see Doyle being rested and Stevenson coming in, maybe Willis being given a rest too.
I would play a full strength team for this one and then rest as many as possible for the game on Tuesday. We need to gain some momentum and it's another chance to try and work out how to breakdown a team that will probably try to come and frustrate us.

BlueElephant

They ain't doing too badly in the league below and will be well up for this. Certainly a potential banana skin.

Nick

Administrator
I just googled them and found their chairman is

giphy.gif

shmmeee

I’d change the whole back line and rest a few. Gonna be a long season.

O’Brien
DKE Davies Hyam Stokes
Doyle/Kelly Stevenson
Vincenti Ponticelli Shipley
Biamou

S: Burge, Willis, Haynes, Doyle/Kelly, Jones, McNulty, Beavon

Citysince47

SHFWF playing bloody non league teams in cup competitions, never happened years ago.

Come on City, let's get to the 3rd round for the first time in 4 years please!
Years ago we played Kings Lynn at home lost 2 - 1 and they scored all 3. We have been down in the depths before.

Sbarcher

SHFWF playing bloody non league teams in cup competitions, never happened years ago.

Come on City, let's get to the 3rd round for the first time in 4 years please!
Shhh. Don’t mention the S word!

johnwillomagic

Think some of our back up squad need some competitive game time and some need a rest. Our squad I feel is a decent size and back ups still should have enough about them to do the job - I would line up with the following and hope good enough to do the job.

O'Brien
DKE RB
Haynes LB
Davies CB
Macdonald CB
Stevenson CM
Maycock CM
Jones LW
Vincenti RW
Duck ST
Biamou ST

Subs: Burge, Stokes, Willis, Doyle, Beavon, Ponticelli, McNulty

Nick

Administrator
Will they let Duck be cup tied? I can't see him featuring for them but if they plan to re-loan him anywhere else.

ccfc_Tom

O brien
Kelly evans
Davies
Hyam
Stokes
Shipley
Stevenson
Vincenti
Kelly evans
Mcnulty
Biamou

Make big changes - would keep mcnulty in in the hope he scores again and keeps his confidence up.

shmmeee

I’d worry about how powder puff the defensive midfield two would be without either Doyle or Kelly in there.

Maybe keep them on the bench with an eye to bringing them on if we are getting overrun in the middle.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I’d worry about how powder puff the defensive midfield two would be without either Doyle or Kelly in there.

Maybe keep them on the bench with an eye to bringing them on if we are getting overrun in the middle.

Agreed - would be a bit hesitant to drop both Doyle and Kelly. League is obviously priority but I don’t really want us going out of the cup to Maidenhead. Would play Kelly to ensure the spine of the team has experience and grit against what will be a tough opponent. Rest opportunity for both in the midweek Checkatrade game.

LOB

Grimmer – Davies – Hyam – Haynes

Stevenson – Kelly

Vincenti – McNulty – Shipley

Ponticelli

Subs: Burge, DiKE, Stokes, Maycock, Jones, Biamou, Beavon

Londonccfcfan

No changes for me. Same team as Luton keep the momentum going. Wholesale changes will be made on Tuesday.

Possibly start Nazon as he is away on international duty after this. For JP.

itsabuzzard

Unchanged from last week to build some cohesion. Throw on all subs once the game is in the bag

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I never understood this "resting players" thing. Footballers at the majority of all levels are very fit lads and if the only "work" they do all week is an hour or two each day on a training ground and then 90 minutes of an actual game, then how the hell do they need "resting" ffs? Are the poor darlings so puckered out one week to the next carrying all that money they earn? Fuck 'em! Get them out on to the pitch and if any of them say they're tired, get rid of!

better days

I suspect we will put a strong side out for this
Decent prize money for progressing and then one game away from the chance of playing a huge team in the third round

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Our strikers could use this for their own gain

Biamou played at their level (was it?) last season so could probably benefit from starting, but then mcNulty needs to continue where he left off after getting a goal in open play, and if Duck is allowed to play he could do with getting another!

As for midfield, if we were to rest either of Doyle or Kelly it’d have to be Shipley who came in. Not Stevenson. He’s looked very poor of late and think it’s be a banana skin game for him and us if he was to be selected

Might give Willis a rest after the gash he got to his head last week? Hyam or Davies to come in (most likely the latter).

Terry Gibson's perm

Our strikers could use this for their own gain

Biamou played at their level (was it?) last season so could probably benefit from starting, but then mcNulty needs to continue where he left off after getting a goal in open play, and if Duck is allowed to play he could do with getting another!

As for midfield, if we were to rest either of Doyle or Kelly it’d have to be Shipley who came in. Not Stevenson. He’s looked very poor of late and think it’s be a banana skin game for him and us if he was to be selected

Might give Willis a rest after the gash he got to his head last week? Hyam or Davies to come in (most likely the latter).

Plus Beavon should be at that level

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Plus Beavon should be at that level

Should be but I don’t think he’ll score a hatful if goals at any level. He’s more a ‘doer’ off the ball, or playing people in, so wouldn’t be upset if he wasn’t involved. Would rather the players who have goals in them use the game as a possible route into scoring (rather than as a banana skin fixture)

Users who are viewing this thread