Coventry City Name (1 Viewer)

mark82

Does anyone know who owns the right to use the name Coventry City FC? Is it holdings or limited? Or is it elsewhere (ie - Sky Blues Trust)?

If it is in Limited (ie Coventry City) I would be willing to support the club owned by someone else even if it meant starting at the bottom of the football pyramid.

wingy

Does anyone know who owns the right to use the name Coventry City FC? Is it holdings or limited? Or is it elsewhere (ie - Sky Blues Trust)?

If it is in Limited (ie Coventry City) I would be willing to support the club owned by someone else even if it meant starting at the bottom of the football pyramid.

Can't answer in certainty but one of the reasons the trust was re-invigorated this season was that there was a recognition before kick off that there was a very eal danger of the Club falling into financial meltdown ,resulting possibly in Liquidation ,thank god thiis danger was recognised.

I beleive part of the reasoning and efforts of the trust are/were to be ready to secure the name of Coventry City and they have determined that it would be possible.

mark82

But I guess it would have to mean the whole of the SISU owned club would have to go out of business.

torchomatic

We should change it to Koventry Kity. Sorted.

torchomatic

SkyBlueCharlie

The tradename and mark are registered with Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd. It was registered on 19th Nov 1999 and is due for renewal on 19th Nov. 2019 Registration number is UK00002214877.
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00002214877

mark82

The tradename and mark are registered with Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd. It was registered on 19th Nov 1999 and is due for renewal on 19th Nov. 2019 Registration number is UK00002214877.
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00002214877

So theoretically someone could buy CCFC limited, own the golden share and therefore the right to league 1 football but not the name. So a realistic possible outcome here could be that ph4 and friends could own the club in league 1, play at the Ricoh, but would have to change the name from Coventry City FC.

SkyBlueCharlie

So theoretically someone could buy CCFC limited, own the golden share and therefore the right to league 1 football but not the name. So a realistic possible outcome here could be that ph4 and friends could own the club in league 1, play at the Ricoh, but would have to change the name from Coventry City FC.

That would appear to be the case....however the golden share is in the of Coventry City Football Club so the tangled web becomes even more so!

Users who are viewing this thread