Match Thread Coventry City - Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 5th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Notts County match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Isn't our opening day record really good. 2-0 win, Bevon and McNulty.

I'm just looking forward to a couple of pints then down the Ricoh again. This summer has felt like years.

mark82

Hoping Beavon has a good season. His goal record isn't great but he did have that one fantastic season for Wycombe in league one where he scored 21, so he has it in him. There was a huge amount of interest in him that summer and think we were linked with him at one point before he moved to Preston. Just hope he can somehow find that goal scoring touch again to go with his all round play.

Think we'll win 2-0. Beavon and McNulty (penalty of course) with the goals.

Liquid Gold

Hoping Beavon has a good season. His goal record isn't great but he did have that one fantastic season for Wycombe in league one where he scored 21, so he has it in him. There was a huge amount of interest in him that summer and think we were linked with him at one point before he moved to Preston. Just hope he can somehow find that goal scoring touch again to go with his all round play.

Think we'll win 2-0. Beavon and McNulty (penalty of course) with the goals.
Oi, think of your own predictions!

RoboCCFC90

I'd take a narrow win on my Birthday.

25 (Beavon with 5 hattricks, Willis with 2, Biamou with 2 hattricks, Burge and Doyle) - 1 (Jon Stead for County)

lifeskyblue

A nervy 2-1 win. Holding on last 10mins but defence more sound than last season.

On here and sky blue phone in unrealistic predictions of winning league without dropping more than a handful of points and three players reaching 20goals by Xmas.
Or if we lose or draw...doom and gloom and predictions of non-league football, robbins out and 'why did we let Bigi and turnbull go to Scotland'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

0-0 frustrating as we probably would have won if Doyle hadn't been sent off.
Off camping for 2 weeks on Sat (forward planning by wife) so a nice surprise will be table toppers when we get back.

fernandopartridge

I think a narrow win or a draw. I think with such wholesale changes it will be a slowish start, it's going to take some time and patience.

Reactions: vow

wingy

Can't see them cocking up.
Robins will have them purring won't he?
Got to have confidence in him to set them up and get the best from them, as long as the recruitment has been right.
That's the only way it can fall down for me as he's shown twice here he can get the best out of inherited squads.

Marty

4-0 win. Ponticelli 2, Kelly and vincenti with a 30 yard screamer.

Gazolba

A team plays in black and white stripes are are nicknamed The Magpies, who are they?

vow

Anyhow, I think it'll be a draw come Saturday.

no_loyalty

Discuss the Coventry City - Notts County match, tactics and predictions :)

442 formation with a running goalie, and a 2-1 home win in glorious sunshine, Concrete Rod and Ponti (off the bench) to get the goals

Users who are viewing this thread