Match Thread Coventry City - Port Vale Match Thread - Saturday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Port Vale match, tactics and predictions :)

covcity4life

burge(cant drop him after a clean sheet)
stokes
davies
willis
grimmer
doyle
kelly
andreu
jones
nazon
mcnulty

2-0 win(mcnulty,nazon)

Esoterica

------Burge-----
Grimmer, Willis, Davies, Stokes
-----------------Doyle-------------------
------Vincenti, Andreu, Jones-----
-----------------Nazon------------------
----------------McNulty----------------
Irresistable 4-0 win.

Otis

Nailed on win and we'll all be wondering what the fuss was about and be reflecting on the presumptive worst team in the history of the club previous comments.

Sbarcher

Need a win to get back on track. It's ok for those to say it's a new team and it needs time, but they are professional footballers who I am sure know how to play the game.

vow

Another clean-sheet, 0-0 I reckon...........unless MR tweaks his tactics/formation to allow Andreu to play CM and drop either Kelly or Doyle (probably won't drop Doyle!) If this happens I'm going 2-1 city.

steve82

Another frustrating day I feel, Port Vale also have not scored in there last 3 league games.

Given it's league two will most likely be a goal fest with stats like that

Liquid Gold

I'm hoping for a decent game and a couple of goals, put the last few behind us and also my last game until 30th so I want to be entertained.

Andreu Nazon and Stevenson in. 2-1 city

smileycov

Facebook User
------Burge-----
Grimmer, Willis, Davies, Stokes
-----------------Doyle-------------------
------Vincenti, Andreu, Jones-----
-----------------Nazon------------------
----------------McNulty----------------
Irresistable 4-0 win.
Like this team...3-0 city win.
I think the tide turns at this game back on track

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Need a win to get back on track. It's ok for those to say it's a new team and it needs time, but they are professional footballers who I am sure know how to play the game.
I just hope we don't lose !

Getting too depressing on here ! :inpain:

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm hoping for a decent game and a couple of goals, put the last few behind us and also my last game until 30th so I want to be entertained.

Andreu Nazon and Stevenson in. 2-1 city

.....and Robbie Williams is a Vale fan; it's all there. in the stars, if you look hard enough.

no_loyalty

3-1 win, McNulty to score all three with 2 of them pens

Great_Expectations

I've been out of the country for the last month and it appears everyone has lost the plot; SBT's top discussion topics are Nazi's and violence against Tim Fisher at a train station, and the team seem to have forgotten how to win a game.

I'm hopeful that Saturday marks a return to winning ways with a 2-0 win. I'm also looking forward to seeing Andreu, as he looks a great singing on paper.

Gazolba

Our all time record vs Port Vale:
Played 33, won 11, lost 12, drew 10.

Johnnythespider

I think we'll make a bright start, but the crowd will turn after we don't score in the first 5 minutes. McNulty will get frustrated with the lack of service and give Doyle the finger but the ref will think it's aimed at him and send him off, out of necessity Robins will change the formation to an even more defensive line up, dropping Vincenti into the centre of defence so we are 5 across the back and we will scrape a 0-0 draw.

alsager93

You'll take 3 points from this match guaranteed, the last few games I have been to this season have been nothing short of terrible, though we appear to do better in the second half. Please take Norman Smurftosser (and Michael Brown) with you as well, if we can come up with some sort of swap, we'd rather have SISU as it stands! Can anyone recommend anywhere to park close to the ground? Cheers.

Warwickhunt

Once again expectations are that City should win it! But this CCFC the kick in the bollox club I shall not be holding my breath for a win

Skybluefaz

You'll take 3 points from this match guaranteed, the last few games I have been to this season have been nothing short of terrible, though we appear to do better in the second half. Please take Norman Smurftosser (and Michael Brown) with you as well, if we can come up with some sort of swap, we'd rather have SISU as it stands! Can anyone recommend anywhere to park close to the ground? Cheers.
Christ the king car park. You can book and pay online for 4 quid. It's a ten minute walk. Is the smurf still working the bars to save a few quid? This may not have happened, it sounds like something I could have dreamt.

Esoterica

Thanks for posting. Genuine question and forgive my ignorance, but what is it that Smurthwaite is doing so badly?

Users who are viewing this thread