Match Thread Coventry City v Luton Match Thread Tuesday 13th March (1 Viewer)

Otis

Can't see a thread anywhere, so started one myself. Hope Nick doesn't mind. :)

Predictions, tactics, lineup etc.

Liquid Gold

Another boring 1-0 would do me but if we play like we did against Barnet I think Luton might smash us. They will be up for it after losing 1st place on Saturday too.

Brighton Sky Blue

1-1 I think. Can't see them not scoring, not so sure about us if we play like we did on Saturday.

Burge

Haynes
McDonald
Willis
Grimmer

Reid
Doyle
Bayliss
Baker

McNulty
JCH

Would be my preference, think he will stick with Kelly though.

larry_david

As MR said, 10 days without playing made us sluggish and sat will have blown the cobwebs off and we won 1-0. Don't see the problem with that. Luton will be harder but so far, Accrington aside we've risen to the big occasions and hopefully tomorrow is no different.

ccfcricoh

Luton have scored in 18 of their last 20 games so we'll do very well to keep a clean sheet - which is worrying as we're hardly freely scoring!

I'm not as optimistic as normal and think a 1-1 draw may be the best outcome we can hope for!

Unless Luton collapse further after no win in 3... fingers crossed

speedie87

1-1 I think. Can't see them not scoring, not so sure about us if we play like we did on Saturday.

Burge

Haynes
McDonald
Willis
Grimmer

Reid
Doyle
Bayliss
Baker

McNulty
JCH

Baker is never going to be fit enough to start, he said himself he’s not last week! Will he even get clearance in time to be on bench

no_loyalty

Burge

Haynes
McDonald
Willis
Grimmer

Reid
Doyle
Bayliss
Baker

McNulty
JCH

Agree, Bayliss looks lost on the right, he needs to be that driving force in the centre with Doyle as the anchor man.

Brighton Sky Blue

Baker is never going to be fitter enough to start, he said himself he’s not last week! Will he even get clearance in time to be on bench

Wishful thinking on my part but can't blame one for hoping ;)

Would just dearly like Bayliss not to be shunted out on the right but I'd rather have him out of position than JMD in position...

Nick

Administrator
Thanks :) Think the calendar as still messed up from it being re-arranged.

Can see a 2-1 loss but hope I am wrong and we hammer them.

I'd go with the same starting 11 as Saturday.

no_loyalty

Wishful thinking on my part but can't blame one for hoping ;)

Would just dearly like Bayliss not to be shunted out on the right but I'd rather have him out of position than JMD in position...

Could play Reid on the right, and play either Shipley or Barrett on the left

torchomatic

I think we'll be OK with this game. Looking forward as my first night match for ages. A resounding 3-1 win.

Otis

I dont think he needs it for U23, we can usually play trialists.
Yes, you're right. Forgot about that.

I have a sneaky feeling that Shipley will come in for Reid tomorrow if he has recovered from his illness.

Bring Reid on from the bench.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, you're right. Forgot about that.

I have a sneaky feeling that Shipley will come in for Reid tomorrow if he has recovered from his illness.

Bring Reid on from the bench.

Hope not, the only one in the first half who looked bothered.

Otis

I think we'll be OK with this game. Looking forward as my first night match for ages. A resounding 3-1 win.
And what a boost that will be if it happens!

Unfortunately I am going for a 0-2. I don't like Kelly and Doyle in the middle and I am sure that's what it will be again tomorrow.

I think we need Bayliss in the centre to make us much more of a threat.

We still aren't scoring enough or creating enough either and that's a worry. If Luton score first it could be game over.

Let's hope City prove me wrong and put in an excellent performance for once. Those have been quite rare this season.

speedie87

Reid was def our best outlet on Saturday. Also 90% of our attacks went down the left, until he went off and we started switching it to the right and grimmer was getting space as Barnet were covering the left. Goal came from such a move, and the header mcnulty missed

ccfchoi87

I'm the opposite to most people, I want us to play exactly like we did Saturday. The frustration Saturday was we set up like that at home to bottom of the league.

CCFC88

Think this is the one home game where I'm happy to go with Doyle and Kelly in midfiled,we have a much better chance in nicking a 1-0 in a close game than wining a shootout 3-2.

Play the way that has got us back into contention over the last 3 games, its not been pretty but its been effective.

I felt Barnet was the perfect opportunity to revert back to Bayliss/Doyle in CM, I don't think Tuesday night is.

Burge
Grimmer Hyam Rod Haynes
Reid Doyle Kelly Shipley
JCH McN

Nick

Administrator
I'm the opposite to most people, I want us to play exactly like we did Saturday. The frustration Saturday was we set up like that at home to bottom of the league.

They also opened us up a few times and created chances, if we let Luton do that they will do a bit better than Barnet did.

CCFC88

They also opened us up a few times and created chances, if we let Luton do that they will do a bit better than Barnet did.
Agree with Robins in that I think their chances in the first half were due to a long period off, sluggish. They created very little in the 2nd half when we woke up a bit

Otis

Think this is the one home game where I'm happy to go with Doyle and Kelly in midfiled,we have a much better chance in nicking a 1-0 in a close game than wining a shootout 3-2.

Play the way that has got us back into contention over the last 3 games, its not been pretty but its been effective.

I felt Barnet was the perfect opportunity to revert back to Bayliss/Doyle in CM, I don't think Tuesday night is.

Burge
Grimmer Hyam Rod Haynes
Reid Doyle Kelly Shipley
JCH McN
Hmm, I worry though that it was effective because Barnet didn't have their shooting boots on. Our defending was very poor and we allowed them far too much space.

Could have easily lost, so I don't think we can necessarily say the tactics worked on Saturday.

bawtryneal

Must be Doyle and Baylis in the middle
I would start with Vincenti and Reid on the wings and give Baker last 20 minutes

So
Burge
Grimmer Hyam Willis Stokes
Vincenti Doyle Baylis Reid
McNulty JCH

Bench. Kelly, McDonald, Baker, Haynes, DKE, Ponti, Biamou

Otis

Luton created chances when we went there, every team will. However, It's league 2 and they don't all go in
Yeah, but when we are hardly scoring at all, or only scoring 1 a game, the opposition don't then need many to go in do they.

Users who are viewing this thread