Match Thread Coventry City vs Stevenage Match Thread - Friday 20th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Stevenage match, tactics and predictions :)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Looking forward to this one, like the idea of Friday night games. Just wish we could get an attendance of around 15,000 as the team deserve it and will help push us over the line. A nervy win 2-1 to put us in a great position for the big one against Lincoln.

BlueElephant

Even 10k would be nice. Not going to bother predicting a result but this game could be pivotal - a win will psychologically will put huge pressure on Mansfield and Lincoln.

Otis

Lincoln vs Wycombe midweek. Everyone hoping for a Wycombe win there?
Indeed.

Would all but seal third place for them and it would be 2 defeats in a row for Lincoln.

Best scenario is them behind us when we play them. Would mean a draw for us would be fine, but they would be more likely to be needing the win.

Think we are better when teams allow us some space to exploit, rather than sit back and make it hard for it to break them down.

3-1. Ponticelli, Willis (a goal from a corner at last) and Reid.

Tommo72

Crowd will be around 8500 tops with barely a few hundred away fans. Weather forecast good for Friday so hopefully that will encourage more to go - not that they should need it under the circumstances.

Team wise I think we need to be at them from the off, similarly to Saturday but with much more intensity. I’d start Reid and Bimou for this one in an otherwise unchanged team.

Kelly and JCH to be omitted.

bawtryneal

Looking forward to Friday night
Been in Sg for a week and get back on Thursday morning, so will be tired with jet lag.
Let's hope they make the journey south and the bollocking from the wife worth it.

bawtryneal

Crowd will be around 8500 tops with barely a few hundred away fans. Weather forecast good for Friday so hopefully that will encourage more to go - not that they should need it under the circumstances.

Team wise I think we need to be at them from the off, similarly to Saturday but with much more intensity. I’d start Reid and Bimou for this one in an otherwise unchanged team.

Kelly and JCH to be omitted.
Disagree.
Will be the same starting 11 as Friday for sure. Barring any injuries in training.
I missed the Crawley game but understand they followed MRs plan and he was happy.

Grendel

It’ll be the same starting 11 I would think

Tommo72

We shouldn’t need two holding players at home to Stevenage. We need to be ruthless and look to be a couple of goals up by half time. Reid immediately gives you more pace and an excellent outlet, something we lacked in the first half at Crawley. JCH was poor IMO on Sat and Bimaou looked more threatening almost immediately.

He may well start the same team but we are at home to a misfiring team and we have to be ambitious.

Liquid Gold

I'm away for this and Lincoln so ifollow for me. A win would be great and hopefully Lincoln and Mansfield drop points. Exactly the sort of game we need to win to clinch playoffs. Same team 2-0 win.

Otis

Yes agree, hopefully JCH will step back upto the plate, as he was looking good a few games ago
Both him and McNulty have gone off the boil a bit lately.

I have faith they will both come good again though before the season is out.

johnwillomagic

I think MR will name unchanged start xi - not saying it's right but people like Max and Reid have been decent impact subs.
So think he will go 4-3-2-1

Burge
Haynes
Grimmer
Willis
MacDonald
Kelly
Doyle
Bayliss
Ponticelli
JCH
McNulty

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, Stokes, Shipley, Reid, Barrett, Biamou

higgs

I think MR will name unchanged start xi - not saying it's right but people like Max and Reid have been decent impact subs.
So think he will go 4-3-2-1

Burge
Haynes
Grimmer
Willis
MacDonald
Kelly
Doyle
Bayliss
Ponticelli
JCH
McNulty

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, Stokes, Shipley, Reid, Barrett, Biamou
Is Vincenti injured?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

MR stays loyal almost always. So same team, even if it means 2 holding midfielders and Haynes with no decent cover as McNulty has no notion how you do that if Crawley's goal on Saturday is typical. I think I would prefer Shipley to Kelly, but it is a marginal call. Slightly concerned that having been 4-4-2 for so long, suddenly switching to a new system is high risk even if it worked last weekend.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Slightly off topic (apologies), does anyone know the format of how the Final Push tickets come? Is it just three separate normal match tickets like you'd buy for a single game? Only reason I ask is, I can only make two of them as I'm on holiday for Morecambe (booked it after we'd lost four in a row and assumed we'd properly Cov'd it up) so for £44 I may as well buy the Final Push and give the Morecambe ticket to a mate for free. Just trying to work out logistics in case I have to arrange sending him something after the Lincoln game before I go away. Thanks in advance!

MatthewWallis

Slightly off topic (apologies), does anyone know the format of how the Final Push tickets come? Is it just three separate normal match tickets like you'd buy for a single game? Only reason I ask is, I can only make two of them as I'm on holiday for Morecambe (booked it after we'd lost four in a row and assumed we'd properly Cov'd it up) so for £44 I may as well buy the Final Push and give the Morecambe ticket to a mate for free. Just trying to work out logistics in case I have to arrange sending him something after the Lincoln game before I go away. Thanks in advance!

Would imagine it’s just 3 tickets, with match packages you get vouchers to exchange for tickets but as there are only 3 games left, it wouldn’t make sense to do it like that

covcity4life

just purchased final push tickets. you dont get to choose where you sit so just check you are happy with the "best" seats they find you.

does anyone know what latest the turnstiles are open till? i have a prior engagement 7pm-8pm. i will leave early but might get there 8ish. will i still get in?

Otis

just purchased final push tickets. you dont get to choose where you sit so just check you are happy with the "best" seats they find you.

does anyone know what latest the turnstiles are open till? i have a prior engagement 7pm-8pm. i will leave early but might get there 8ish. will i still get in?
As long as you don't say you are you you'll be fine.

skybluesam66

Massive game - if we can win that - will put 4 points ahead of Mansfield with us both having 3 games left
That may be a psychological advantage

however if we lose, the opposite will be true

Users who are viewing this thread